"It takes all sorts of in & out-door schooling to get adapted to my kind of fooling" -- R. Frost

tech / sci.electronics.design / World’s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat

SubjectAuthor
* World’s climate scientists to issue stark warningFred Bloggs
+* Re: World?s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threajlarkin
|+- Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warnFred Bloggs
|`- Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warnwhit3rd
`* Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warnAnthony William Sloman
 `* Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warnFred Bloggs
  `- Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warnAnthony William Sloman

1
World’s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat

<ca251557-bc45-4bc1-a5be-732c0d9c91fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70351&group=sci.electronics.design#70351

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 12:56:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: _World’s_climate_scientists_to_issue_stark_warning
_over_global_heating_threat
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 19:56 UTC

The IPCC report will emphasize imminent and dire risk to the global climate system.
It's pointless to make recommendations, the fools will ignore everything, retreat into their caves and live in denial.
I wonder when they're going to come clean and just admit they're incapable of accurately predicting future extreme weather and climate catastrophe, since that's certainly been their performance of record. It's just too complicated for them. They can handle little bits and pieces of various phenomena, but just let more than one come together and they're completely surprised.
The one thing IPCC has done consistently is to significantly underestimate the most important effects and the time scales of global warming.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/08/worlds-climate-scientists-to-issue-stark-warning-over-global-heating-threat

Re: World?s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat

<eah0hg549bgj3dbhru577i039hvaa96k1b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70356&group=sci.electronics.design#70356

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: World???s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 14:02:16 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 21:02 UTC

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 12:56:50 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>The IPCC report will emphasize imminent and dire risk to the global climate system.
>It's pointless to make recommendations, the fools will ignore everything, retreat into their caves and live in denial.
>I wonder when they're going to come clean and just admit they're incapable of accurately predicting future extreme weather and climate catastrophe, since that's certainly been their performance of record. It's just too complicated for them. They can handle little bits and pieces of various phenomena, but just let more than one come together and they're completely surprised.
>The one thing IPCC has done consistently is to significantly underestimate the most important effects and the time scales of global warming.
>
>https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/08/worlds-climate-scientists-to-issue-stark-warning-over-global-heating-threat

Bored with the virus, the guardian has to go back to global warming,
unless a good war comes along or something.

Is "global heating" different from "global warming" ?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat

<2705d71d-8b35-4beb-8e64-1fd9b6c933f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70358&group=sci.electronics.design#70358

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 14:28:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_World’s_climate_scientists_to_issue_stark_warn
ing_over_global_heating_threat
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 21:28 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 5:02:33 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 12:56:50 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >The IPCC report will emphasize imminent and dire risk to the global climate system.
> >It's pointless to make recommendations, the fools will ignore everything, retreat into their caves and live in denial.
> >I wonder when they're going to come clean and just admit they're incapable of accurately predicting future extreme weather and climate catastrophe, since that's certainly been their performance of record. It's just too complicated for them. They can handle little bits and pieces of various phenomena, but just let more than one come together and they're completely surprised.
> >The one thing IPCC has done consistently is to significantly underestimate the most important effects and the time scales of global warming.
> >
> >https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/08/worlds-climate-scientists-to-issue-stark-warning-over-global-heating-threat
> Bored with the virus, the guardian has to go back to global warming,
> unless a good war comes along or something.

They should be switching to the slaughter in Afghanistan before long, another bang up total US failure.

> Is "global heating" different from "global warming" ?

Maybe heating is the preferred term in UK.

> --
>
> John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
>
> The best designs are necessarily accidental.

Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat

<a6da2486-020d-4688-a7c8-8efd739c1420n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70360&group=sci.electronics.design#70360

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 15:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
ing_over_global_heating_threat
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 22:18 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 2:02:33 PM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> Is "global heating" different from "global warming" ?

Yes, of course; heating is cause, warming is effect.

Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat

<9e2a0fec-1a19-469a-8786-64eb3457684dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70382&group=sci.electronics.design#70382

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 19:42:20 -0700 (PDT)
ing_over_global_heating_threat
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 02:42 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 5:56:54 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> The IPCC report will emphasize imminent and dire risk to the global climate system.
> It's pointless to make recommendations, the fools will ignore everything, retreat into their caves and live in denial.
> I wonder when they're going to come clean and just admit they're incapable of accurately predicting future extreme weather and climate catastrophe, since that's certainly been their performance of record. It's just too complicated for them. They can handle little bits and pieces of various phenomena, but just let more than one come together and they're completely surprised.
> The one thing IPCC has done consistently is to significantly underestimate the most important effects and the time scales of global warming.
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/08/worlds-climate-scientists-to-issue-stark-warning-over-global-heating-threat

The IPCC was put together by politicians to deliver a simplified version of scientific opinion that the politicians could understand an act on.

As James Hansen has pointed out - in relation to sea level rise - this precludes reporting on things that might happen, even if there is quite a high probability that they will.

Weather is chaotic, so predicting specific extreme weather events isn't a option. Pointing out that they are becoming increasingly likely is confused with alarmism by people like John Larkin, and quite a few politicians are just as silly as he is.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat

<b026cd9d-5309-45b6-a0f4-62ec3b5057ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70397&group=sci.electronics.design#70397

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 06:09:58 -0700 (PDT)
ing_over_global_heating_threat
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 13:09 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 10:42:24 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 5:56:54 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > The IPCC report will emphasize imminent and dire risk to the global climate system.
> > It's pointless to make recommendations, the fools will ignore everything, retreat into their caves and live in denial.
> > I wonder when they're going to come clean and just admit they're incapable of accurately predicting future extreme weather and climate catastrophe, since that's certainly been their performance of record. It's just too complicated for them. They can handle little bits and pieces of various phenomena, but just let more than one come together and they're completely surprised.
> > The one thing IPCC has done consistently is to significantly underestimate the most important effects and the time scales of global warming.
> >
> > https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/08/worlds-climate-scientists-to-issue-stark-warning-over-global-heating-threat
> The IPCC was put together by politicians to deliver a simplified version of scientific opinion that the politicians could understand an act on.
>
> As James Hansen has pointed out - in relation to sea level rise - this precludes reporting on things that might happen, even if there is quite a high probability that they will.
>
> Weather is chaotic, so predicting specific extreme weather events isn't a option. Pointing out that they are becoming increasingly likely is confused with alarmism by people like John Larkin, and quite a few politicians are just as silly as he is.

Whereas in the past they would talk about time remaining to avert catastrophe, they now acknowledge that catastrophe is unavoidable. and here, regardless of what we do, and there is short time window to avoid making it worse.

"Some devastating impacts of global warming are now unavoidable, a major new scientific report finds. But there is still a short window to stop things from getting even worse."

The IPCC is an underestimate from every angle, things are much worse than they know.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/09/climate/climate-change-report-ipcc-un.html

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: World’s climate scientists to issue stark warning over global heating threat

<20cfad63-b30f-4ee7-97ac-51b444a22cc5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70407&group=sci.electronics.design#70407

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 07:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
ing_over_global_heating_threat
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 14:26 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 11:10:02 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 10:42:24 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> > On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 5:56:54 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > > The IPCC report will emphasize imminent and dire risk to the global climate system.
> > > It's pointless to make recommendations, the fools will ignore everything, retreat into their caves and live in denial.
> > > I wonder when they're going to come clean and just admit they're incapable of accurately predicting future extreme weather and climate catastrophe, since that's certainly been their performance of record. It's just too complicated for them. They can handle little bits and pieces of various phenomena, but just let more than one come together and they're completely surprised.
> > > The one thing IPCC has done consistently is to significantly underestimate the most important effects and the time scales of global warming.
> > >
> > > https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/08/worlds-climate-scientists-to-issue-stark-warning-over-global-heating-threat
> >
> > The IPCC was put together by politicians to deliver a simplified version of scientific opinion that the politicians could understand an act on.
> >
> > As James Hansen has pointed out - in relation to sea level rise - this precludes reporting on things that might happen, even if there is quite a high probability that they will.
> >
> > Weather is chaotic, so predicting specific extreme weather events isn't a option. Pointing out that they are becoming increasingly likely is confused with alarmism by people like John Larkin, and quite a few politicians are just as silly as he is.
> >
> Whereas in the past they would talk about time remaining to avert catastrophe, they now acknowledge that catastrophe is unavoidable. and here, regardless of what we do, and there is short time window to avoid making it worse.
>
> "Some devastating impacts of global warming are now unavoidable, a major new scientific report finds. But there is still a short window to stop things from getting even worse."
>
> The IPCC is an underestimate from every angle, things are much worse than they know.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/09/climate/climate-change-report-ipcc-un.html

So we should throw out the IPCC, and rely on Fred Bloggs. He's bound to be taken seriously, even if the IPCC isn't taken seriously enough.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney