"If it's not loud, it doesn't work!" -- Blank Reg, from "Max Headroom"

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.

SubjectAuthor
* Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Brent Locher
+* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.whit3rd
|`* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Brent Locher
| +- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Fred Bloggs
| +- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.whit3rd
| +* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name ofPhil Hobbs
| |`* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.John Larkin
| | +- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Anthony William Sloman
| | `* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Tom Del Rosso
| |  `* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Flyguy
| |   `* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Anthony William Sloman
| |    `* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Flyguy
| |     `- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Anthony William Sloman
| +- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Anthony William Sloman
| `- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Dave Platt
+- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Fred Bloggs
+* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.John Larkin
|+- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Anthony William Sloman
|`* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name ofMartin Brown
| `* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.jlarkin
|  `- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Anthony William Sloman
+* Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Rick C
|`- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name ofbitrex
+- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.Anthony William Sloman
`- Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the nameJim Jackson

Pages:12
Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.

<62c25b56-4670-40d4-9cd9-8e8f97e5ddc3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70459&group=sci.electronics.design#70459

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 22:11:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ignore the real science....we are on a witch hunt in the name of science.
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 05:11 UTC

On Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 2:23:04 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
> On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 7:30:15 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > The Left has hammered us ad nauseum for decades with the idea that women should be in control of their own bodies. They seem to have discarded that principal entirely and are now demanding that a totalitarian government inject us all with experimental drugs. Go figure...
>
> > Flyguy seems to be as silly as Brent Locher. There's nothing experimental about the vaccines that protect against Covid-19. They've all been through Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials (which might be described as large scale experiments). We know exactly what they do and how they do it..
> >
> > Fluyguy and Brent Locher don't, but that's because they are ignorant idiots who can't tell their arse from their elbow.
>
> Sloman, as usual, doesn't (dare) address the focus of my observation: the Lefties COMPLETELY REVERSED COURSE on the vaccine vs what they had been saying for years. Why am I not surprised?

As far as I know, the US government isn't letist, and isn't compelling anybody to get vaccinated. They probably ought to, and it's a good deal less immoral than compelling a woman to have a child that she'd prefer to abort, but Flyguy's vaporings about what he thinks the left might do aren't to be taken seriously.

The claim that the vaccines are in some way experimental is mere anti-vaccine propaganda, and there is an obligation to point that Flyguy is being remarkably stupid in making the assertion, and that this is the kind of misinformation that might be discouraging people from getting vaccinated, so it's dangerous misinformation.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney