Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 09:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Something is rotten in the state of QED
From: ross.fin...@gmail.com (Ross A. Finlayson)
 by: Ross A. Finlayson - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 16:00 UTC

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 2:40:53 AM UTC-8, Engr. Ravi wrote:
> https://vixra.org/abs/2002.0011
> [Yes, once can sometimes find gems on vixra!!!]
> """
> ABSTRACT
>
> Quantum electrodynamics (QED) is considered the most accurate theory in the history of science. However, this precision is based on a single experimental value: the anomalous magnetic moment of the electron (g-factor). An examination of QED history reveals that this value was obtained using illegitimate mathematical traps, manipulations and tricks. These traps included the fraud of Kroll & Karplus, who acknowledged that they lied in their presentation of the most relevant calculation in QED history. As will be demonstrated in this paper, the Kroll & Karplus scandal was not a unique event. Instead, the scandal represented the fraudulent manner in which physics has been conducted from the creation of QED through today.
> """
>
> OLIVER CONSA does to QED what ALEXANDER UNZICKER did to the STANDARD MODEL in "Bankrupting Physics" and the "The Higgs Fake" and what PETER WOIT did to STRING THEORY in "Not Even Wrong".
>
> In any case, the material presented is historically accurate and increases skepticism regarding the claim: "QED is the most accurate theory in the history of science, 11-digit agreement with experiment, etc.".
>
> One of my best quotes from the article is that of Fermi:
>
> """
> According to Dyson, Fermi also did not agree with this new way of conducting science:
>
> When Dyson met Fermi, he quickly put aside the graphs he was being shown indicating agreement between theory and experiment. His verdict, as Dyson remembered, was:
>
> “There are two ways of doing calculations in theoretical physics. One way, and this is the way I prefer, is to have a clear physical picture of the process you are calculating. The other way is to have a precise and self-consistent mathematical formalism. You have neither.”
>
> When a stunned Dyson tried to counter by emphasizing the agreement between experiment and the calculations, Fermi asked him how many free parameters he had used to obtain the fit. Smiling after being told “Four,” Fermi remarked, “I remember my old friend Johnny von Neumann used to say, WITH FOUR PARAMETERS I CAN FIT AN ELEPHANT, AND WITH FIVE I CAN MAKE HIM WIGGLE HIS TRUNK.”
>
> There was little to add.
> """

That something is rotten, in the state, of Denmark, or here QED,
of here what you would say, I have heard of that before so when
you ask I wonder: is not Quantum Electrodynamics, what works out
solving the static charge in space terms, fine what it is and more for
the other quantum ... dynamics, QED, QCD, ....