Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Dead (Zombie) Physics

SubjectAuthor
* Dead (Zombie) PhysicsPentcho Valev
+* Re: Dead (Zombie) PhysicsRichard Hertz
|+- Imbecile Petch Valev meets fellow imbecile Richard HertzDono.
|`* Re: Dead (Zombie) PhysicsRichard Hertz
| +* Re: Dead (Zombie) PhysicsOdd Bodkin
| |`- Re: Dead (Zombie) PhysicsCoke Alva
| `- Re: Dead (Zombie) PhysicsCoke Alva
+* Re: Dead (Zombie) PhysicsJanPB
|`- Re: Dead (Zombie) PhysicsCoke Alva
`- Re: Dead (Zombie) PhysicsPentcho Valev

1
Dead (Zombie) Physics

<e2f7dfdc-1d8a-4cdc-ac05-e67db4499e40n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71559&group=sci.physics.relativity#71559

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:39:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Dead (Zombie) Physics
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:39 UTC

Sabine Hossenfelder: "Physicists in the foundations mass-produce math fiction that hasn't led anywhere for 50 years, and it isn't an opinion either. It's a fact and it's about time they do something about it." https://twitter..com/skdh/status/1453598133917736961

Peter Woit: "...as seems increasingly all too possible, we're now at an endpoint of fundamental physics..." http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9444

Peter Woit: "As far as this stuff goes, we're now not only at John Horgan's "End of Science", but gone past it already and deep into something different." http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=7266

Leonard: "I know I said physics is dead, but it is the opposite of dead. If anything, it is undead, like a zombie." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNP9KOEdh0

The texts below suggest that, if the speed of light is variable (it is!), physics, based on Einstein's 1905 constant-speed-of-light axiom, is long dead (exists in a zombie state). Dead physics means dying civilization. Are you killing the civilization, theoretical physicists?

"He opened by explaining how Einstein's theory of relativity is the foundation of every other theory in modern physics and that the assumption that the speed of light is constant is the foundation of that theory. Thus a constant speed of light is embedded in all of modern physics and to propose a varying speed of light (VSL) is worse than swearing! It is like proposing a language without vowels." http://www.thegreatdebate.org.uk/VSLRevPrnt.html

"If there's one thing every schoolboy knows about Einstein and his theory of relativity, it is that the speed of light in vacuum is constant. No matter what the circumstances, light in vacuum travels at the same speed... The speed of light is the very keystone of physics, the seemingly sure foundation upon which every modern cosmological theory is built, the yardstick by which everything in the universe is measured. [...] The only aspect of the universe that didn't change was the speed of light. And ever since, the constancy of the speed of light has been woven into the very fabric of physics, into the way physics equations are written, even into the notation used. Nowadays, to "vary" the speed of light is not even a swear word: It is simply not present in the vocabulary of physics." https://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Speed-Light-Speculation/dp/0738205257

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics

<7beb749b-690d-4feb-adf3-2a4165d5077bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71562&group=sci.physics.relativity#71562

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:49:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 23:49 UTC

On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 7:39:32 PM UTC-3, Pentcho Valev wrote:

<snip>

> Peter Woit: "...as seems increasingly all too possible, we're now at an endpoint of fundamental physics..."

Of course we are. Specially since imbecile ANTS inhabiting this planet starting to believe that they could figure out how God works
in the creation, behavior and fate of the universe and its fundamental constituents.

> Peter Woit: "As far as this stuff goes, we're now not only at John Horgan's "End of Science", but gone past it already and deep into something different."

Of course we're gone past limits of the unkown in nature. Specially when imbecile ANTS tried to mess with outer and inner limits of
distances and times. Limits of distance like 10E-15 mt or 10E+15 mt and times like 10E-15 sec or 10E+15 sec.

I hope you may appreciate the 10E+30 dynamic range involved in both limits for space and time.

We are boxed in a physical sphere of 3.10E45 cubic m. centered on Earth and limited (barely) to understand time out of 10E±15 sec range.

Yet, arrogant ANTS presume that can find out what happens below 10E-19 m or as far as 10E+23 m, and from 10E-32 sec to 10E+16 sec.

The problem is OVERPOPULATION of imbeciles messing with physics. In 120 years, mankind went from 10,000 legit physicists to over
500,000 active physicists today.

Even if producing 1 idea (paper) per year, it implies 500,000 ideas/year or 5,000,000 ideas in 10 years.

And THERE IS NO ROOM for so many "ideas", so they overlap and compete one with each other while the imbecile ANTS try to make
pass as "possible" the most STUPID, IDIOTIC "IDEA". OVERPOPULATION is the plague.

Now, apply this concept to every field of science and the results is: fundamental science IS DEAD, and for long time. Physics, chemistry,
mathematics are DEAD.

Only ENGINEERING, focusing on monetization, allow "civilization" to "evolve".

But it has limits too, as the objective of engineering is to satisfy BASIC HUMAN NEEDS (bridges, buildings, medicine, computers, consumer
electronics, communications, automobile and aerospace products, etc.).

But when BASIC NEEDS are fulfilled, what appears are CREATED NEEDS (false needs, not really necessary).

Just take a time and analyze what surrounds you, and how the world evolved in the last 30 years.

By 2005, most basic needs were supplied (except food and medicine for everyone in the world). What happened after such year?

Isn't it obvious?. Even civilization has reached A DEAD END. Because POOR people pretend more, as well as RICH people.

And the inequation POOR people x pretensions(POOR) + RICH people x pretensions(RICH) >> RESOURCES can't be hold for much
time, unless a RESET.

> "If there's one thing every schoolboy knows about Einstein and his theory of relativity, it is that the speed of light in vacuum is constant. No matter what the circumstances, light in vacuum travels at the same speed... The speed of light is the very keystone of physics, the seemingly sure foundation upon which every modern cosmological theory is built, the yardstick by which everything in the universe is measured. [...] The only aspect of the universe that didn't change was the speed of light. And ever since, the constancy of the speed of light has been woven into the very fabric of physics, into the way physics equations are written, even into the notation used. Nowadays, to "vary" the speed of light is not even a swear word: It is simply not present in the vocabulary of physics."

The need for a constant speed of light is a myth HELD BY the same imbecile ANTS that play with limits of distances and times.

For the real, earthly physics and engineering, it's IRRELEVANT.

Imbecile Petch Valev meets fellow imbecile Richard Hertz

<eb2d95eb-6a93-4113-b10e-bb8307788475n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71565&group=sci.physics.relativity#71565

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 16:20:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Imbecile Petch Valev meets fellow imbecile Richard Hertz
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:20 UTC

On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 3:49:36 PM UTC-8, Richard Hertz wrote:
> snip imbecilities<

Imagine what you two could "accomplish" if you combined forces.

Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics

<037577a2-ed45-41a7-83fb-5eb2ca3f780dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71569&group=sci.physics.relativity#71569

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 17:33:52 -0800 (PST)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 01:33 UTC

On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 2:39:32 PM UTC-8, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> Sabine Hossenfelder: "Physicists in the foundations mass-produce math fiction that hasn't led anywhere for 50 years, and it isn't an opinion either. It's a fact and it's about time they do something about it." https://twitter.com/skdh/status/1453598133917736961
>
> Peter Woit: "...as seems increasingly all too possible, we're now at an endpoint of fundamental physics..." http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9444
>
> Peter Woit: "As far as this stuff goes, we're now not only at John Horgan's "End of Science", but gone past it already and deep into something different." http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=7266
>
> Leonard: "I know I said physics is dead, but it is the opposite of dead. If anything, it is undead, like a zombie." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNP9KOEdh0
>
> The texts below suggest that, if the speed of light is variable (it is!), physics, based on Einstein's 1905 constant-speed-of-light axiom, is long dead (exists in a zombie state). Dead physics means dying civilization. Are you killing the civilization, theoretical physicists?
>
> "He opened by explaining how Einstein's theory of relativity is the foundation of every other theory in modern physics and that the assumption that the speed of light is constant is the foundation of that theory. Thus a constant speed of light is embedded in all of modern physics and to propose a varying speed of light (VSL) is worse than swearing! It is like proposing a language without vowels." http://www.thegreatdebate.org.uk/VSLRevPrnt.html
>
> "If there's one thing every schoolboy knows about Einstein and his theory of relativity, it is that the speed of light in vacuum is constant. No matter what the circumstances, light in vacuum travels at the same speed... The speed of light is the very keystone of physics, the seemingly sure foundation upon which every modern cosmological theory is built, the yardstick by which everything in the universe is measured. [...] The only aspect of the universe that didn't change was the speed of light. And ever since, the constancy of the speed of light has been woven into the very fabric of physics, into the way physics equations are written, even into the notation used. Nowadays, to "vary" the speed of light is not even a swear word: It is simply not present in the vocabulary of physics." https://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Speed-Light-Speculation/dp/0738205257
>
> See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>
> Pentcho Valev

Dead (zombie) poster.

--
Jan

Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics

<2feefe20-4db9-4b83-ba23-4f1247cb9b33n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71571&group=sci.physics.relativity#71571

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:04:48 -0800 (PST)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 06:04 UTC

Dead mathematicians walking. All of them.

So much effort to end, either, flipping burgers (Dono et. all) or working in finance trying to find the next algorithm to fuck people
in banks and hedge funds. Ask Bodkin how did it work for him.

Relativity is dead, and theoretical physics based on relativity is dead as well. Only that you don't know yet (zombies with a credo).

A new theme for those stupid horror movies. A legion of zombie mathematicians chanting "matter bend space, matter bend space,.."

As for Oh-llywood, there is only one solution to solve the problem with zombies, but it's a conflicting idea: a bullet on the head, which
is contradictory, because zombie mathematicians are already brain dead.

Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics

<smlsnl$1kl3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71575&group=sci.physics.relativity#71575

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:12:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:12 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dead mathematicians walking. All of them.
>
> So much effort to end, either, flipping burgers (Dono et. all) or working
> in finance trying to find the next algorithm to fuck people
> in banks and hedge funds. Ask Bodkin how did it work for him.

I know you’re trolling, but here’s how it did work for me. I got a job
right out of college with a 6-figure salary with a 30% bonus and stock
options. The stock options quickly got to be 10x my salary because of the
success of the company, even though my salary increased by 150% over the
next three years as recruiters exerted pressure on retaining people like
me. The downside was urban living and long hours and performance pressure
that increased as the success of our methods grew. But because I spent very
little and only did woodworking in my spare time, I was able to put away a
lot of those funds. Then I decided that I wanted to spend more time doing
what I like and less time commuting, and so once I arrived at a
self-determined nest egg I was able to leave that lucrative career to start
a business 15 yards from my back door in a more countryside setting. But
even from the outset of business opening I had no debt and so income from
the business was essentially completely profit, other than the cost of
stock and tool refurbishing. We live simply, I control the pace of my work,
and I don’t have anyone giving me deadlines and irrational production
targets. Because woodworking had been a hobby and was now a profession, I
picked up physics as the new hobby. Mathematics as a primary with
woodworking as a secondary, transitioning to woodworking as a primary with
physics as a secondary, seemed poetic.

You, who extol engineering as the future of humanity, have also complained
about the pressure to produce during your career, driven by company
profits, and now you are retired from it with no apparent outlet for your
energies other than to laboriously compose long diatribes on a nearly
defunct internet medium (Usenet), producing nothing but derogation and
error-laden provocations. You would have more impact if you preached fire
and brimstone on city buses. Your sole point seems to be that if it isn’t
needed by engineers, then it’s useless and should be scrubbed from the
surface of the planet. To which, I’ll simply point out that YOU are no
longer needed by engineers any longer, hence your present activity.

> Relativity is dead, and theoretical physics based on relativity is dead
> as well. Only that you don't know yet (zombies with a credo).
>
> A new theme for those stupid horror movies. A legion of zombie
> mathematicians chanting "matter bend space, matter bend space,.."
>
> As for Oh-llywood, there is only one solution to solve the problem with
> zombies, but it's a conflicting idea: a bullet on the head, which
> is contradictory, because zombie mathematicians are already brain dead.

Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics

<smlu9b$1lp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71577&group=sci.physics.relativity#71577

From: uoi...@oui.iu (Coke Alva)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:38:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Coke Alva - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:38 UTC

Richard Hertz wrote:

> Dead mathematicians walking. All of them.

absolutely. They only know the relativity related, so I start to doubt.
Also they claim they understand those tensor, which I start to doubt even
more.

Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics

<smluj1$1lp$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71578&group=sci.physics.relativity#71578

From: uoi...@oui.iu (Coke Alva)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:43:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Coke Alva - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:43 UTC

Odd Bodkin wrote:

> Then I decided that I wanted to spend more time doing what I like and
> less time commuting, and so once I arrived at a self-determined nest egg
> I was able to leave that lucrative career to start a business 15 yards
> from my back door in a more countryside setting.
> But even from the outset of business opening I had no debt and so income
> from the business was essentially completely profit, other than the cost
> of stock and tool refurbishing. We live simply, I control the pace of my

does not matter, in capitalism right now they call useless eater. You
capitalists never learn.

Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics

<smlukg$1lp$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71579&group=sci.physics.relativity#71579

From: uoi...@oui.iu (Coke Alva)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:44:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Coke Alva - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:44 UTC

JanPB wrote:

>> the speed of light is not even a swear word: It is simply not present
>> in the vocabulary of physics."
>> https://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Speed-Light-Speculation/dp/
0738205257
>> See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev Pentcho Valev
>
> Dead (zombie) poster.

or you don't understand the peculiarity.

Re: Dead (Zombie) Physics

<20265ce3-63d0-4ccc-9170-a34b875cce74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=71600&group=sci.physics.relativity#71600

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 09:40:16 -0800 (PST)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 17:40 UTC

The root of the evil in physics is Einstein's constant-speed-of-light falsehood. Physicists know that, start telling the truth sometimes, but then stop halfway. Modern physics is predicated on the falsehood and will collapse without it. In this regard, establishing the truth is suicidal:

"Lee [Smolin] and I discussed these paradoxes at great length for many months, starting in January 2001. We would meet in cafés in South Kensington or Holland Park to mull over the problem. THE ROOT OF ALL THE EVIL WAS CLEARLY SPECIAL RELATIVITY. All these paradoxes resulted from well known effects such as length contraction, time dilation, or E=mc^2, all basic predictions of special relativity. And all denied the possibility of establishing a well-defined border, common to all observers, capable of containing new quantum gravitational effects." Joao Magueijo, Faster Than the Speed of Light, p. 250 http://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Speed-Light-Speculation/dp/0738205257

"...Dr. Magueijo said. "We need to drop a postulate, perhaps the constancy of the speed of light." http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/31/science/e-and-mc2-equality-it-seems-is-relative.html

"The whole of physics is predicated on the constancy of the speed of light," Joao Magueijo, a cosmologist at Imperial College London and pioneer of the theory of variable light speed, told Motherboard. "So we had to find ways to change the speed of light without wrecking the whole thing too much." https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8q87gk/light-speed-slowed

Joao Magueijo, Niayesh Afshordi, Stephon Alexander: "So we have broken fundamentally this Lorentz invariance which equates space and time [...] It is the other postulate of relativity, that of constancy of c, that has to give way..." https://youtu.be/kbHBBtsrU1g?t=1431