"Here comes Mr. Bill's dog." -- Narrator, Saturday Night Live

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: the torture never ends

SubjectAuthor
* the torture never endsRichD
+- Re: the torture never endsDono.
`* Re: the torture never endsRichard Hertz
 `- Re: the torture never endsArnold Sala

1
the torture never ends

<53c3142a-ec06-4f09-aa0a-74894ab02e4fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=72026&group=sci.physics.relativity#72026

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 17:19:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: the torture never ends
From: r_delane...@yahoo.com (RichD)
 by: RichD - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 01:19 UTC

In their latest spasm of derangement, the Party has
declared their intent to re-name the James Webb telescope,
as Mr. Webb was insufficiently sensitive to the homos.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/20/science/webb-telescope-astronomy-homophobia.html

--
Rich

Re: the torture never ends

<f62790e7-a39a-4ba4-8f71-7e92f8f36343n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=72027&group=sci.physics.relativity#72027

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 18:05:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: the torture never ends
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 02:05 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 5:19:35 PM UTC-8, RichD wrote:
> In their latest spasm of derangement, the Party has
> declared their intent to re-name the James Webb telescope,
> as Mr. Webb was insufficiently sensitive to the homos.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/20/science/webb-telescope-astronomy-homophobia.html
>
> --
> Rich

Not gonna happen: https://www.google.com/search?q=James+Webb+telescope+renaming&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=AOaemvJrvJtSOCHO9wAgrSuDkdenkiPc2Q%3A1637200902538&ei=BrSVYZWAILfa0PEP5tmD4A4&ved=0ahUKEwiVm-LR6KD0AhU3LTQIHebsAOwQ4dUDCA0&uact=5&oq=James+Webb+telescope+renaming&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgYIABAWEB46BwgAEEcQsAM6BwgAELADEEM6DQgAEIAEELEDEEYQ-wE6CwgAEIAEELEDEMkDSgQIQRgAULkGWOgbYMYfaAFwAngAgAGOAYgBpAiSAQMwLjmYAQCgAQHIAQrAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz

Re: the torture never ends

<5b4b67e2-07d4-47d6-af2e-c2a289879506n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=72030&group=sci.physics.relativity#72030

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 19:23:04 -0800 (PST)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 03:23 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 10:19:35 PM UTC-3, RichD wrote:
> In their latest spasm of derangement, the Party has
> declared their intent to re-name the James Webb telescope,
> as Mr. Webb was insufficiently sensitive to the homos.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/20/science/webb-telescope-astronomy-homophobia.html
>
> --
> Rich

In USA, they fired LG but in England it was a crime to be LG, with penalties of prison or hormonal treatment (this after WWII). The law was
abolished by 1972, but cost many lives due to suicide, like in the case of Alan Turing (secretly named MBE for Enigma project).

However, and 40 ahead, the homo Eddington was given the choice to sell his soul to prove Einstein right in 1919. He DISTROYED the 2nd.
set of plates after publishing a long report of 40 pages, in a team effort, by 1920. The first set was destroyed right after he arrived back
to England, as it was A DISASTER (too dangerous for the hoax). He could even had go to prison for coward (conscience objector, WWI),
while colleagues having much more intellectual merits died for NOTHING in WWI (also take Schwarzschild as a victim of the war).

One thing is the private life of any of us (Putin accept this) and other is, knowing about private life affairs (even if not affecting their work),
that a person be terminated by any orientation, race or even weight.

I can say that, in my work as manager and for many years, I was really an equal opportunity employer. I remember just one case, with a
lady very big and fat, who was an excellent software engineer but couldn't get a job. I hired her and, when a colleague make fun of it, I
warned him to shut the fuck up or I'd suit him on the basis of his record with other employees. He never did a joke again, and it was 35
years ago. I'm proud of this, one of many actions in such sense. Other case was a person with physical disabilities. I hired him.

I never asked for the slightest recognition, and only my wife and the retarded manager knew about this, until now (but this is anonymous).

In the case of Webb, it seems that the guy was a real piece of work:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02678-1

NASA won’t rename James Webb telescope — and astronomers are angry
QUOTE:

NASA has decided not to rename its soon-to-be-launched flagship observatory, the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), after investigating whether its namesake, former NASA administrator James Webb, was involved in persecuting gay and lesbian people in the 1950s and 1960s. The agency says it found no evidence to support the allegations.

The decision and the lack of transparency with which it was announced — NASA released no report about the scope of the investigation — has angered a number of astronomers.

“I’m disappointed,” says Johanna Teske, an astronomer at the Carnegie Institution for Science in Washington DC. “Without knowing what factors were considered, it’s hard for me to respect the decision to keep the current name.”

A NASA official had said in June that the agency would be transparent with the scientific community in its decision, but there is no final written report that could be released. Odom says that “under the circumstances of COVID, the investigation was as thorough as possible and very objective”. He says it consisted of several archivists going through NASA’s internal records, interviewing other historians who had studied Webb, and hiring an external historian to explore aspects such as Webb’s career at other government agencies.

Nord is one of four astronomers who led the petition for the telescope to be renamed. The other three are Lucianne Walkowicz at the Adler Planetarium in Chicago, Illinois; Chanda Prescod-Weinstein at the University of New Hampshire in Durham; and Sarah Tuttle at the University of Washington in Seattle. In an e-mail to Nature about NASA’s decision, they wrote: “For all the institution’s talk of equity and diversity, they don’t seem to be particularly concerned with public accountability about sensitive issues that have impacted a historically marginalized group..”

Right or wrong?

Make an statue of Webb instead, and call the telescope Cannon-Hale, or any other couple.

Here is a list to pick up names:

http://cnr2.kent.edu/~manley/astronomers.html

Re: the torture never ends

<sn5tnq$lfp$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=72062&group=sci.physics.relativity#72062

From: rt...@gjh.rt (Arnold Sala)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 16:07:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Arnold Sala - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 16:07 UTC

Richard Hertz wrote:

>> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/20/science/webb-telescope-astronomy-
homophobia.html -- Rich

> In USA, they fired LG but in England it was a crime to be LG, with
> penalties of prison or hormonal treatment (this after WWII). The law
> was abolished by 1972, but cost many lives due to suicide, like in the
> case of Alan Turing (secretly named MBE for Enigma project).

here we go, NIH has patent on a /* covid_19_bioweapon */ 2017. Possibly
many others.

patent US 9539210 B2, Jan 10, 2017

".. In small embodiments, the small molecule is a toxin. In some
embodiments the toxin is from a chemical weapon, an agent of biowarfare,
or a hazardous environmental agent. "

Karen Kingston has PROOF that Kids will DIE… and Pfizer knew it
https://www.brighteon.com/6831b978-cbd9-49ba-8711-fc3d9c539e0e