Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 22:56:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: The new telescope and SN1987a
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 06:56 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanduleak_-69_202#/media/File:Supernova-1987a..jpg

Of all the images I am looking forward to with the new space telescope, it is the remaining structure left by that great event which was observed in 1987.

In 1990, I considered stellar evolution in terms of two large external rings and a smaller intersecting ring. It became the basis for the proposal that not all stars are remnants of supernova, but transition events which create the building blocks for the birth of a solar system. This would include our own solar system.

It is why the images in May 1994 were dramatic, at least for me, as it allowed for a more focused attempt to put the rings in context of an antecedent approach. It still remains that way, despite its speculative nature, although the foundations found in pre-supernova stars like Eta Carinae make it easier to work with-

https://www.universetoday.com/142734/hubble-has-a-brand-new-picture-of-the-massive-star-eta-carinae-it-could-detonate-as-a-supernova-any-day-now/

Re: The new telescope and SN1987a

<sp7tdo$18lh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7264&group=sci.astro.amateur#7264

From: fred k.e...@MarcP20MF.support (fred k. engels®)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: The new telescope and SN1987a
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:46:46 -0800
 by: fred k. engels® - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:46 UTC

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
Elon Musk Is TIME's 2021 Person of the Year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EoAHdwGBvU

Re: The new telescope and SN1987a

<01e153d0-a21b-4d98-a0bd-06209b156e47n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7284&group=sci.astro.amateur#7284

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 01:43:41 -0800 (PST)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 09:43 UTC

It is far more helpful to search for stellar evolution at different stages rather than the current (and flawed) perspective) of looking out into the past. The pre-supernova and post-supernova stages are more suitable to consider the emergence of a solar system rather than the death of a star and that includes our own solar system.

The materials for the planets are not found in arbitrary supernovae of the past, but integrated into the antecedent supernova star as a transition phase to a working solar system where the mass loss of the star goes into the formation of the planets while retaining the structural integrity of the star itself. Of course, all stars are different, so perhaps a select few go through this process.

The remnants of a past transition of our own Sun are suggested by the existence of the Kuiper belt and Oort cloud-

https://www.esa.int/var/esa/storage/images/esa_multimedia/images/2014/12/kuiper_belt_and_oort_cloud_in_context/15106869-1-eng-GB/Kuiper_Belt_and_Oort_Cloud_in_context.jpg

The context here is the remaining structure of SN1987a so although supernova are dramatic, they still retain organised structures from their antecedent state.

I wish the discussion were more lively as this allows for more speculative approaches while still retaining physical considerations of supernovae and the birth of a solar system.