"Confound these ancestors.... They've stolen our best ideas!" -- Ben Jonson

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding Bike

SubjectAuthor
* Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding BikeCatrike Rider
+* Re: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding BikeTom Kunich
|`- Re: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding BikeCatrike Rider
`* Re: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding BikeFrank Krygowski
 `- Re: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding BikeCatrike Rider

1
Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding Bike

<fa2gsh9d2tkf8c4clusujj8t2s2oq9v0vu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73064&group=rec.bicycles.tech#73064

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding Bike
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 10:06:11 -0500
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 15:06 UTC

DADE CITY, Fla. – A 42-year-old Dade City man had died following a hit
and crash that happened around 8:35 pm on Tuesday.

According to Florida Highway Patrol, an unknown vehicle was traveling
westbound on Tait Avenue, east of Lee Avenue, and collided with the
bicyclist traveling northbound across Tait Avenue.

Following the collision, the vehicle fled the scene of the crash.

The man was transported to an area hospital, but troopers say the
42-year-old bicyclist later died from injuries suffered during the
crash.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact
the Highway Patrol by calling *FHP or Crime Stoppers at **TIPS.

https://www.tampafp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Florida-Highway-Patrol.jpeg

Re: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding Bike

<a59387a3-d6aa-466b-ae7b-920a36f90d62n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73068&group=rec.bicycles.tech#73068

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 07:32:40 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 15:32 UTC

On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 7:06:15 AM UTC-8, Catrike Rider wrote:
> DADE CITY, Fla. – A 42-year-old Dade City man had died following a hit
> and crash that happened around 8:35 pm on Tuesday.
>
> According to Florida Highway Patrol, an unknown vehicle was traveling
> westbound on Tait Avenue, east of Lee Avenue, and collided with the
> bicyclist traveling northbound across Tait Avenue.
>
> Following the collision, the vehicle fled the scene of the crash.
>
> The man was transported to an area hospital, but troopers say the
> 42-year-old bicyclist later died from injuries suffered during the
> crash.
>
> Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact
> the Highway Patrol by calling *FHP or Crime Stoppers at **TIPS.
>
> https://www.tampafp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Florida-Highway-Patrol..jpeg
The fact that a bicyclist was killed shouldn't surprise anyone. The roads are now designed to be dangerous with speed limits on road set to high and traffic lights timed to not give a bicycle enough time to cross. Several stop lights in my area have traffic loops in the bike lane and they trigger the light and actually give LESS time to cross than a car loop directly next to them do. So if there is a car present or approaching I will wait for them.

The real problem is that hit and run drivers should be considered manslaughter and not vehicular deaths.

Re: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding Bike

<tq9boi$vp8a$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73090&group=rec.bicycles.tech#73090

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:54:25 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 17:54 UTC

On 1/18/2023 10:06 AM, Catrike Rider wrote:
> DADE CITY, Fla. – A 42-year-old Dade City man had died following a hit
> and crash that happened around 8:35 pm on Tuesday.
>
> According to Florida Highway Patrol, an unknown vehicle was traveling
> westbound on Tait Avenue, east of Lee Avenue, and collided with the
> bicyclist traveling northbound across Tait Avenue.
>
> Following the collision, the vehicle fled the scene of the crash.
>
> The man was transported to an area hospital, but troopers say the
> 42-year-old bicyclist later died from injuries suffered during the
> crash.
>
> Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact
> the Highway Patrol by calling *FHP or Crime Stoppers at **TIPS.
>
> https://www.tampafp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Florida-Highway-Patrol.jpeg

Speaking of weird anecdotes, here's one for the "gotta carry a gun" crew:

https://www.wsaz.com/2022/12/14/man-fatally-shoots-himself-groin-while-attempting-u-turn-police-say/

At least he wasn't riding a tricycle. That would have been _really_
embarrasing! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding Bike

<5fggshtsc6b6a5gne6593ua3aukj1if1hg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73104&group=rec.bicycles.tech#73104

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:03:23 -0500
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 19:03 UTC

On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 07:32:40 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 7:06:15 AM UTC-8, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> DADE CITY, Fla. – A 42-year-old Dade City man had died following a hit
>> and crash that happened around 8:35 pm on Tuesday.
>>
>> According to Florida Highway Patrol, an unknown vehicle was traveling
>> westbound on Tait Avenue, east of Lee Avenue, and collided with the
>> bicyclist traveling northbound across Tait Avenue.
>>
>> Following the collision, the vehicle fled the scene of the crash.
>>
>> The man was transported to an area hospital, but troopers say the
>> 42-year-old bicyclist later died from injuries suffered during the
>> crash.
>>
>> Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact
>> the Highway Patrol by calling *FHP or Crime Stoppers at **TIPS.
>>
>> https://www.tampafp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Florida-Highway-Patrol.jpeg
>The fact that a bicyclist was killed shouldn't surprise anyone. The roads are now designed to be dangerous with speed limits on road set to high and traffic lights timed to not give a bicycle enough time to cross. Several stop lights in my area have traffic loops in the bike lane and they trigger the light and actually give LESS time to cross than a car loop directly next to them do. So if there is a car present or approaching I will wait for them.
>
>The real problem is that hit and run drivers should be considered manslaughter and not vehicular deaths.

I don't disagree, butI don't think it would solve the problem.

Re: Dade City Man Killed By Hit And Run Driver While Riding Bike

<nphgsh5j8qtlanobjdek3ipfti637oe543@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73112&group=rec.bicycles.tech#73112

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:28:39 -0500
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 19:28 UTC

On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:54:25 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 1/18/2023 10:06 AM, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> DADE CITY, Fla. – A 42-year-old Dade City man had died following a hit
>> and crash that happened around 8:35 pm on Tuesday.
>>
>> According to Florida Highway Patrol, an unknown vehicle was traveling
>> westbound on Tait Avenue, east of Lee Avenue, and collided with the
>> bicyclist traveling northbound across Tait Avenue.
>>
>> Following the collision, the vehicle fled the scene of the crash.
>>
>> The man was transported to an area hospital, but troopers say the
>> 42-year-old bicyclist later died from injuries suffered during the
>> crash.
>>
>> Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact
>> the Highway Patrol by calling *FHP or Crime Stoppers at **TIPS.
>>
>> https://www.tampafp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Florida-Highway-Patrol.jpeg
>
>Speaking of weird anecdotes, here's one for the "gotta carry a gun" crew:
>
>https://www.wsaz.com/2022/12/14/man-fatally-shoots-himself-groin-while-attempting-u-turn-police-say/
>
>At least he wasn't riding a tricycle. That would have been _really_
>embarrasing! ;-)

Anyone who shoots a gun accidentaly should be permanantly banned from
having a gun. Such people are as stupid as people who claim to have
shot a .45 and not even know what kind of a .45 it was.