The moon is made of green cheese. -- John Heywood

tech / sci.physics.relativity / nice and quiet

SubjectAuthor
* nice and quietOdd Bodkin
+* Re: nice and quietRichard Hertz
|`- Re: nice and quietOdd Bodkin
`* Re: nice and quietMichael Moroney
 +* Re: nice and quietOdd Bodkin
 |+- Re: nice and quietChason Aceta
 |`* Re: nice and quietMichael Moroney
 | `- Re: nice and quietOdd Bodkin
 +* Re: nice and quietPaul Alsing
 |`* Re: nice and quietpatdolan
 | `- Re: nice and quietChason Aceta
 `- Re: nice and quietChason Aceta

1
nice and quiet

<so3ds1$hub$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73143&group=sci.physics.relativity#73143

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: nice and quiet
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:40:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:40 UTC

Out where I live, it can get pretty loud at night at certain times of the
year, a cacophony of peeps, whirs, chirps, and grunts from a large
population of critters whose most important task at that moment is to make
noise, to draw attention. Each of these critters in fact has loud periods
and quiet periods, but you get enough of them together and it sounds
constant and unabated.

But then, there is the exceedingly rare coincidence that almost all of the
critters have taken pause all at the same time, as though they all
separately fell into embarrassed silence simultaneously. And for just a
brief bit, the noise is gone, the clamoring for attention takes a coffee
break, and an eerie and blissful peace settles over the landscape.

Of course, it does soon thereafter pick up again as the coincidence of
shame passes, and the insanity resumes. But while it was there, you can
enjoy it, take a sip of good whiskey, and exhale.

Re: nice and quiet

<9cfc7240-2b5a-405e-8fa7-3e61355f0dd2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73144&group=sci.physics.relativity#73144

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:25:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: nice and quiet
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:25 UTC

On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 5:40:36 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> Out where I live, it can get pretty loud at night at certain times of the
> year, a cacophony of peeps, whirs, chirps, and grunts from a large
> population of critters whose most important task at that moment is to make
> noise, to draw attention. Each of these critters in fact has loud periods
> and quiet periods, but you get enough of them together and it sounds
> constant and unabated.
>
> But then, there is the exceedingly rare coincidence that almost all of the
> critters have taken pause all at the same time, as though they all
> separately fell into embarrassed silence simultaneously. And for just a
> brief bit, the noise is gone, the clamoring for attention takes a coffee
> break, and an eerie and blissful peace settles over the landscape.
>
> Of course, it does soon thereafter pick up again as the coincidence of
> shame passes, and the insanity resumes. But while it was there, you can
> enjoy it, take a sip of good whiskey, and exhale.
>

> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

And relativity?
And Einstein?

Are you posting about null relativistic Doppler effect or you just run out of threads to stalk, so made your own
but not writing a single word about physics?. Did you chicken out when going to post and changed abruptly to
personal insights, thinking it can be interesting?

Re: nice and quiet

<so3hm6$bmb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73146&group=sci.physics.relativity#73146

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:45:42 -0500
 by: Michael Moroney - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:45 UTC

On 11/29/2021 3:40 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> Out where I live, it can get pretty loud at night at certain times of the
> year, a cacophony of peeps, whirs, chirps, and grunts from a large
> population of critters whose most important task at that moment is to make
> noise, to draw attention. Each of these critters in fact has loud periods
> and quiet periods, but you get enough of them together and it sounds
> constant and unabated.
>
> But then, there is the exceedingly rare coincidence that almost all of the
> critters have taken pause all at the same time, as though they all
> separately fell into embarrassed silence simultaneously. And for just a
> brief bit, the noise is gone, the clamoring for attention takes a coffee
> break, and an eerie and blissful peace settles over the landscape.
>
> Of course, it does soon thereafter pick up again as the coincidence of
> shame passes, and the insanity resumes. But while it was there, you can
> enjoy it, take a sip of good whiskey, and exhale.

Where I am it's the same, except we've had killing frosts for a while
now. That shuts things up largely until spring. But I like my little 6
acre patch of woods and its critters. Except for bears, they attacked my
beehives.

Re: nice and quiet

<so3ibq$llq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73148&group=sci.physics.relativity#73148

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:57:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:57 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 5:40:36 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Out where I live, it can get pretty loud at night at certain times of the
>> year, a cacophony of peeps, whirs, chirps, and grunts from a large
>> population of critters whose most important task at that moment is to make
>> noise, to draw attention. Each of these critters in fact has loud periods
>> and quiet periods, but you get enough of them together and it sounds
>> constant and unabated.
>>
>> But then, there is the exceedingly rare coincidence that almost all of the
>> critters have taken pause all at the same time, as though they all
>> separately fell into embarrassed silence simultaneously. And for just a
>> brief bit, the noise is gone, the clamoring for attention takes a coffee
>> break, and an eerie and blissful peace settles over the landscape.
>>
>> Of course, it does soon thereafter pick up again as the coincidence of
>> shame passes, and the insanity resumes. But while it was there, you can
>> enjoy it, take a sip of good whiskey, and exhale.
>>

>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
>
> And relativity?
> And Einstein?
>
> Are you posting about null relativistic Doppler effect or you just run
> out of threads to stalk, so made your own
> but not writing a single word about physics?. Did you chicken out when
> going to post and changed abruptly to
> personal insights, thinking it can be interesting?

It is true that I have nothing to offer in the way of:

- A conspiracy theory about how Einstein and relativists are excluding the
common man to protect their obscure interests

- A simple and obvious thought experiment that proves that relativity is
logically inconsistent

- A rant about physicists in general and how they have contributed nothing
meaningful to society at large (compared to, say, retired engineers)

- Cajoling taunts to teach me basics that I could and should find in
readily available books

- Wild-ass conjectures in self-published book that I label “a brand-new
theory of physics” that don’t actually resemble physics theories at all, in
the long-shot hope that they get some attention and the assistance of a
real physicist to jump on it and turn it into a real theory, but giving me
credit for it in the end

- Various types of word salad: kale, romaine, iceberg, potato, cabbage

Should I?

Re: nice and quiet

<so3ifm$mrf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73149&group=sci.physics.relativity#73149

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:59:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 21:59 UTC

Michael Moroney <moroney@world.std.spaamtrap.com> wrote:
> On 11/29/2021 3:40 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
>> Out where I live, it can get pretty loud at night at certain times of the
>> year, a cacophony of peeps, whirs, chirps, and grunts from a large
>> population of critters whose most important task at that moment is to make
>> noise, to draw attention. Each of these critters in fact has loud periods
>> and quiet periods, but you get enough of them together and it sounds
>> constant and unabated.
>>
>> But then, there is the exceedingly rare coincidence that almost all of the
>> critters have taken pause all at the same time, as though they all
>> separately fell into embarrassed silence simultaneously. And for just a
>> brief bit, the noise is gone, the clamoring for attention takes a coffee
>> break, and an eerie and blissful peace settles over the landscape.
>>
>> Of course, it does soon thereafter pick up again as the coincidence of
>> shame passes, and the insanity resumes. But while it was there, you can
>> enjoy it, take a sip of good whiskey, and exhale.
>>

> Where I am it's the same, except we've had killing frosts for a while
> now. That shuts things up largely until spring. But I like my little 6
> acre patch of woods and its critters. Except for bears, they attacked my
> beehives.

My post was an allegory. You’ll catch the drift in a minute, if you haven’t
already.

Re: nice and quiet

<so3n2t$1sm5$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73160&group=sci.physics.relativity#73160

From: pip...@cvbe.er (Chason Aceta)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:17:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chason Aceta - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:17 UTC

Odd Bodkin wrote:

> Michael Moroney <moroney@world.std.spaamtrap.com> wrote:
>> Where I am it's the same, except we've had killing frosts for a while
>> now. That shuts things up largely until spring. But I like my little 6
>> acre patch of woods and its critters. Except for bears, they attacked
>> my beehives.
>
> My post was an allegory. You’ll catch the drift in a minute, if you
> haven’t already.

but you have to explain to him what an "allegory" stands for.

Re: nice and quiet

<af431b2c-9842-4fbc-bf34-3a0131f9860an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73165&group=sci.physics.relativity#73165

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:37:17 -0800 (PST)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (Paul Alsing)
 by: Paul Alsing - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:37 UTC

On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 1:45:45 PM UTC-8, Michael Moroney wrote:
> On 11/29/2021 3:40 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> > Out where I live, it can get pretty loud at night at certain times of the
> > year, a cacophony of peeps, whirs, chirps, and grunts from a large
> > population of critters whose most important task at that moment is to make
> > noise, to draw attention. Each of these critters in fact has loud periods
> > and quiet periods, but you get enough of them together and it sounds
> > constant and unabated.
> >
> > But then, there is the exceedingly rare coincidence that almost all of the
> > critters have taken pause all at the same time, as though they all
> > separately fell into embarrassed silence simultaneously. And for just a
> > brief bit, the noise is gone, the clamoring for attention takes a coffee
> > break, and an eerie and blissful peace settles over the landscape.
> >
> > Of course, it does soon thereafter pick up again as the coincidence of
> > shame passes, and the insanity resumes. But while it was there, you can
> > enjoy it, take a sip of good whiskey, and exhale.
> >

> Where I am it's the same, except we've had killing frosts for a while
> now. That shuts things up largely until spring. But I like my little 6
> acre patch of woods and its critters. Except for bears, they attacked my
> beehives.

I get to listen to I-5 24/7/365 out the back... but I get to view the Pacific ocean out the front... and for the next 3 or 4 nights, I'll be in the extremely quiet desert observing.

Re: nice and quiet

<so3p7j$1sm5$8@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73167&group=sci.physics.relativity#73167

From: pip...@cvbe.er (Chason Aceta)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:54:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chason Aceta - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:54 UTC

Michael Moroney wrote:

> Where I am it's the same, except we've had killing frosts for a while
> now. That shuts things up largely until spring. But I like my little 6
> acre patch of woods and its critters. Except for bears, they attacked my
> beehives.

you are jailed in a prison, then?

Re: nice and quiet

<4e245249-8405-4ddf-9582-c33fc3969d0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73172&group=sci.physics.relativity#73172

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 17:03:58 -0800 (PST)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 01:03 UTC

On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 3:37:19 PM UTC-8, Paul Alsing wrote:
> On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 1:45:45 PM UTC-8, Michael Moroney wrote:
> > On 11/29/2021 3:40 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> > > Out where I live, it can get pretty loud at night at certain times of the
> > > year, a cacophony of peeps, whirs, chirps, and grunts from a large
> > > population of critters whose most important task at that moment is to make
> > > noise, to draw attention. Each of these critters in fact has loud periods
> > > and quiet periods, but you get enough of them together and it sounds
> > > constant and unabated.
> > >
> > > But then, there is the exceedingly rare coincidence that almost all of the
> > > critters have taken pause all at the same time, as though they all
> > > separately fell into embarrassed silence simultaneously. And for just a
> > > brief bit, the noise is gone, the clamoring for attention takes a coffee
> > > break, and an eerie and blissful peace settles over the landscape.
> > >
> > > Of course, it does soon thereafter pick up again as the coincidence of
> > > shame passes, and the insanity resumes. But while it was there, you can
> > > enjoy it, take a sip of good whiskey, and exhale.
> > >

> > Where I am it's the same, except we've had killing frosts for a while
> > now. That shuts things up largely until spring. But I like my little 6
> > acre patch of woods and its critters. Except for bears, they attacked my
> > beehives.
> I get to listen to I-5 24/7/365 out the back... but I get to view the Pacific ocean out the front... and for the next 3 or 4 nights, I'll be in the extremely quiet desert observing.
I-5 is a hundred miles from the Pacific where I am. My night sounds are those of Antifa and BLM conducting night marches through our neighborhoods as they chant "Fire! Fire! Gentrifier!" The homeless blare music and gasoline powered generators into the night. There is more human manure in our parks that dog manure. We are catching up with Chi-raq -- five fatal shootings this weekend. Relativity and Evolution are the only religions allowed in the public square. Children are subjected to drag Queen story hour by our public library. Even though I am a covid survivor I am barred for obtaining food at in price in the county I reside.

Re: nice and quiet

<so43o1$b9l$6@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73178&group=sci.physics.relativity#73178

From: pip...@cvbe.er (Chason Aceta)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 02:53:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chason Aceta - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 02:53 UTC

patdolan wrote:

> I-5 is a hundred miles from the Pacific where I am. My night sounds are
> those of Antifa and BLM conducting night marches through our
> neighborhoods as they chant "Fire! Fire! Gentrifier!" The homeless
> blare music and gasoline powered generators into the night. There is
> more human manure in our parks that dog manure. We are catching up with
> Chi-raq -- five fatal

the monarchy, at the recent meeting, said openly on TV, that countries on
this planet, has to introduce *militarized_forces*, to curve the carbon
emission down to zero. The carbon emission is you.

PROF. SUCHARIT BHAKDI: THE COVID "VACCINES" WERE DESIGNED TO FAIL
https://www.brighteon.com/39255c9d-a5be-4fa2-a212-b0afd16a43e1

Re: nice and quiet

<so4eeg$8c2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73183&group=sci.physics.relativity#73183

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 00:56:32 -0500
 by: Michael Moroney - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 05:56 UTC

On 11/29/2021 4:59 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:

> My post was an allegory. You’ll catch the drift in a minute, if you haven’t
> already.

Not possible, since I don't think there's ever been a period when all
the critters coincidentally go quiet. Too many noisy critters.

Re: nice and quiet

<so580p$1tds$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73191&group=sci.physics.relativity#73191

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:12:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:12 UTC

Michael Moroney <moroney@world.std.spaamtrap.com> wrote:
> On 11/29/2021 4:59 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
>>

>> My post was an allegory. You’ll catch the drift in a minute, if you haven’t
>> already.
>>

> Not possible, since I don't think there's ever been a period when all
> the critters coincidentally go quiet. Too many noisy critters.

Yesterday morning was pretty still

--
Odd Bodkin — Maker of fine toys, tools, tables