From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Most Weather Resistant "Rubber" Cord
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 09:52:29 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 16:52 UTC

Not much in the way of metal in this other than the screws that will
attach the hardware.

Now, when I say weather resistant I am not talking about rain. I am
talking about heat (desert), UV resistance (desert), cold, rain, ice,
longevity, etc.

Heat, UV, and COL. We are all familiar with bungee cords. I'm looking
at the ultimate material for bungee cords. Not the cheapest or most
economical.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a

www.avg.com

Re: Most Weather Resistant "Rubber" Cord

<fsoo3ipssq6kb71lqrpd1svc6c75nam7oh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7345&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7345

From: joegw...@comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: Most Weather Resistant "Rubber" Cord
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 17:09:15 -0400
 by: Joe Gwinn - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 21:09 UTC

On Sun, 16 Apr 2023 09:52:29 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
wrote:

>Not much in the way of metal in this other than the screws that will
>attach the hardware.
>
>Now, when I say weather resistant I am not talking about rain. I am
>talking about heat (desert), UV resistance (desert), cold, rain, ice,
>longevity, etc.
>
>Heat, UV, and COL. We are all familiar with bungee cords. I'm looking
>at the ultimate material for bungee cords. Not the cheapest or most
>economical.

It sounds like you want EPDM. Note that EPDM is _not_ resistant to
oil. McMaster has EPDM sheets and gaskets and the like.

Joe Gwinn

Re: Most Weather Resistant "Rubber" Cord

<u1hg1q$2k5cj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7353&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7353

From: lfis...@gmail.invalid (Leon Fisk)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 14:50:34 -0400
 by: Leon Fisk - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 18:50 UTC

On Sun, 16 Apr 2023 09:52:29 -0700
Bob La Londe <none@none.com99> wrote:

<snip>
>Heat, UV, and COL. We are all familiar with bungee cords. I'm looking
>at the ultimate material for bungee cords. Not the cheapest or most
>economical.

Personal experience doesn't mean much the way suppliers change sources
nowadays. Very rarely am I able to buy the _same_ item more than once...

I see that McMaster has a good selection with specs. Knowing you already
deal with them maybe give some of there decent sounding cords a
try <shrug>

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/bungee-cords/

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

Re: Most Weather Resistant "Rubber" Cord

<u1hgki$2lc1b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7354&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7354

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 12:00:33 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 19:00 UTC

On 4/16/2023 11:50 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2023 09:52:29 -0700
> Bob La Londe <none@none.com99> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> Heat, UV, and COL. We are all familiar with bungee cords. I'm looking
>> at the ultimate material for bungee cords. Not the cheapest or most
>> economical.
>
> Personal experience doesn't mean much the way suppliers change sources
> nowadays. Very rarely am I able to buy the _same_ item more than once...
>
> I see that McMaster has a good selection with specs. Knowing you already
> deal with them maybe give some of there decent sounding cords a
> try <shrug>
>
> https://www.mcmaster.com/products/bungee-cords/

Yep. I looked at McMaster. I may just buy a few coils and see. The
only bungee MFG I found so far that "claims" a lifetime warranty seems
to be using polyurethane rubber.