It's time to boot, do your boot ROMs know where your disk controllers are?

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?

SubjectAuthor
* Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?mitchr...@gmail.com
`* Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?Richard Hachel
 `* Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?mitchr...@gmail.com
  `* Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?Michael Moroney
   `- Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?Maciej Wozniak

1
Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?

<af46582b-ff6a-4dbd-9e01-fb2e98f71e99n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73793&group=sci.physics.relativity#73793

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 11:11:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 19:11 UTC

two motorcycles moving toward each other
each below the speed of light...?
Which side is relative?
Relatives add relativisticaly?

Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?

<Oil3YiMNiK-ozkxP-g9E6di8Gps@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73803&group=sci.physics.relativity#73803

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: rv493ixcZ9AzFMFXgg29uU8A_98
JNTP-ThreadID: af46582b-ff6a-4dbd-9e01-fb2e98f71e99n@googlegroups.com
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=Oil3YiMNiK-ozkxP-g9E6di8Gps@jntp
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 21 20:25:24 +0000
From: r.hac...@tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:25 UTC

Le 09/12/2021 à 20:11, "mitchr...@gmail.com" a écrit :
> two motorcycles moving toward each other
> each below the speed of light...?
> Which side is relative?
> Relatives add relativisticaly?

Your problem is obviously much more interesting than it appears.
Two motorcycles move at relativistic speed, so you have to know, and
understand, what will happen to them. Otherwise, you don't need to do
science.
When I plant my little pepper seeds, I don't just do it anyhow. I put them
at a certain depth, in a certain soil, with a certain amount of sunshine,
with a fairly precise temperature and humidity.
It requires basic knowledge, but certain. You can't do just anything with
pepper seeds.
It's the same with SR.
You have to master your subject, and know what you are talking about.
Here, two motorcycles move relative to each other, at different speeds and
angles.
We admit that they approach, for example at 0.5c, on terrestrial soil. In
a straight line.
What will be their relative speed then?
The answer is very easy for those who have done a lot of SR exercise.
Everyone sees the other motorbike coming in on them at 0.8c.
You don't even have to do the math.
Since there is no more, neither do the calculation to know that each sees
the other arriving on him with an apparent speed of 4c.
It is these kinds of small problems that allow progress.
Problems unfortunately avoided by those who learn equations by heart,
without necessarily understanding them.

R.H.

Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?

<8e856fba-3daa-4805-a2bc-6eb1647c9910n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73820&group=sci.physics.relativity#73820

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:26:51 -0800 (PST)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 23:26 UTC

On Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 12:25:27 PM UTC-8, Richard Hachel wrote:
> Le 09/12/2021 à 20:11, "mitchr...@gmail.com" a écrit :
> > two motorcycles moving toward each other
> > each below the speed of light...?
> > Which side is relative?
> > Relatives add relativisticaly?
> Your problem is obviously much more interesting than it appears.
> Two motorcycles move at relativistic speed, so you have to know, and
> understand, what will happen to them. Otherwise, you don't need to do
> science.
> When I plant my little pepper seeds, I don't just do it anyhow. I put them
> at a certain depth, in a certain soil, with a certain amount of sunshine,
> with a fairly precise temperature and humidity.
> It requires basic knowledge, but certain. You can't do just anything with
> pepper seeds.
> It's the same with SR.
> You have to master your subject, and know what you are talking about.
> Here, two motorcycles move relative to each other, at different speeds and
> angles.
> We admit that they approach, for example at 0.5c, on terrestrial soil. In
> a straight line.
> What will be their relative speed then?
> The answer is very easy for those who have done a lot of SR exercise.
> Everyone sees the other motorbike coming in on them at 0.8c.
> You don't even have to do the math.
> Since there is no more, neither do the calculation to know that each sees
> the other arriving on him with an apparent speed of 4c.
> It is these kinds of small problems that allow progress.
> Problems unfortunately avoided by those who learn equations by heart,
> without necessarily understanding them.
>
> R.H.

Those two motorcycles have more options to frame
compare than just the Earth... other movement
on Earth can be frame compared... so which is a
more accurate comparison?

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?

<souhnl$s4p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73834&group=sci.physics.relativity#73834

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 22:32:09 -0500
 by: Michael Moroney - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 03:32 UTC

On 12/9/2021 6:26 PM, mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 12:25:27 PM UTC-8, Richard Hachel wrote:
>> Le 09/12/2021 à 20:11, "mitchr...@gmail.com" a écrit :
>>> two motorcycles moving toward each other
>>> each below the speed of light...?
>>> Which side is relative?
>>> Relatives add relativisticaly?
>> Your problem is obviously much more interesting than it appears.
>> Two motorcycles move at relativistic speed, so you have to know, and
>> understand, what will happen to them. Otherwise, you don't need to do
>> science.
>> When I plant my little pepper seeds, I don't just do it anyhow. I put them
>> at a certain depth, in a certain soil, with a certain amount of sunshine,
>> with a fairly precise temperature and humidity.
>> It requires basic knowledge, but certain. You can't do just anything with
>> pepper seeds.
>> It's the same with SR.
>> You have to master your subject, and know what you are talking about.
>> Here, two motorcycles move relative to each other, at different speeds and
>> angles.
>> We admit that they approach, for example at 0.5c, on terrestrial soil. In
>> a straight line.
>> What will be their relative speed then?
>> The answer is very easy for those who have done a lot of SR exercise.
>> Everyone sees the other motorbike coming in on them at 0.8c.
>> You don't even have to do the math.
>> Since there is no more, neither do the calculation to know that each sees
>> the other arriving on him with an apparent speed of 4c.
>> It is these kinds of small problems that allow progress.
>> Problems unfortunately avoided by those who learn equations by heart,
>> without necessarily understanding them.
>>
>> R.H.
>
> Those two motorcycles have more options to frame
> compare than just the Earth... other movement
> on Earth can be frame compared... so which is a
> more accurate comparison?

Are you talking about motorcycles going at normal motorcycle speeds? Say
100 km/hr. You can either do simple Newtonian addition of the speeds or
the SR speed combination formula. For normal motorcycle speeds the two
answers will be very very close to each other but not exactly the same.
While the SR calculation is technically more accurate, the difference is
so small, much smaller than the error in speed measurement for example,
it simply doesn't matter. Newtonian physics remains a very good
approximation at low (non-relativistic) speeds.

Re: Is there nonrelative motion that adds relativistic?

<5fb52f43-c637-40af-98df-0fbe8693fd5an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=73842&group=sci.physics.relativity#73842

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 23:58:15 -0800 (PST)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 07:58 UTC

On Friday, 10 December 2021 at 04:32:08 UTC+1, Michael Moroney wrote:

> Are you talking about motorcycles going at normal motorcycle speeds? Say
> 100 km/hr. You can either do simple Newtonian addition of the speeds or
> the SR speed combination formula. For normal motorcycle speeds the two
> answers will be very very close to each other but not exactly the same.
> While the SR calculation is technically more accurate

In the meantime in the real world, forbidden by your
moronic religion GPS clocks keep measuring t'=t, just like
all serious clocks always did.