tech / sci.math / 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> Aug 31, 2021, 9:39:45 PM to plutonium-atom-universe, sci.physics 197th book

SubjectAuthor
* 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- itArchimedes Plutonium
+- Re: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment--Archimedes Plutonium

1
197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> Aug 31, 2021, 9:39:45 PM to plutonium-atom-universe, sci.physics 197th book

<9a7bbc39-cec2-4fda-831f-4e6fbaf48ba7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74186&group=sci.math#74186

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:00:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:00 UTC

197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives

Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com>
Aug 31, 2021, 9:39:45 PM
to plutonium-atom-universe, sci.physics

197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives

It sheds microscopic fibers that end up in oceans and rivers every time it is washed.

Harsh chemicals used in making nylon, the nitrous oxide a greenhouse gas far worse than CO2 by a factor of 310 times.

Bad for the planet.

I came to this conclusion as I saw my brush starting to shed its fibers and wondering if biodegradable. Of course nylon is not biodegradable.

Now I have to stop buying all products with nylon especially clothing, and toothbrushes and find replacements.

Years ago I threw out all dish clothes and washing clothes made of polyester and nylon and replaced with natural biodegradable clothes.

AP

2Sep2021, sci.physics, plutonium-atom-universe newsgroup

Alright, for all my life I was not consciously aware of how bad nylon was, chemical production and then the shedding of microfibers.

I may never know what triggered my liposarcoma cancer. Probably never know what caused it. So in that situation I cannot rule out anything-- pesticide, fungicide, microplastics, perhaps just natural radiation.

However, I can stop buying nylon products.

And just a few days ago I bought my first Boars Hair Toothbrush.

I was reading around and chemists and medical doctors and engineers have not found a suitable replacement for Nylon Toothbrushes. A material that is biodegradable and works as well as nylon.

I believe I know what that replacement is. A Rubber with graphite-doping. A hard rubber, for rubber is natural and hence biodegradable.

AP invents the Rubber Toothbrush.

And the head of the toothbrush has two sides, one side of rubber bristles, the other side somewhat smooth like a fingernail that cleans a tooth. On the opposite end of the handle made of bamboo is a flossing of hard rubber to get in between the teeth.

Throughout my life, when no toothbrush available, I used my fingernail to clean teeth. And the fingernail is probably our species first implement to clean teeth, other than the tongue. Can we make a toothbrush from sanitized keratin of fingernails? Perhaps. But I prefer the idea of Rubber, whether in fiber form or almost smooth surface.

Now I am worried of the time in taken in brushing teeth. I think too much time is bad. So I want a tootbrush that quickly cleans teeth but never scratches the teeth.

The nylon of greatest worry is the toothbrush for as we wear out a toothbrush, it is apparent that many of those microfibers of nylon probably were swallowed and ended up in our gut and perhaps elsewhere in the human body.

I am sorry that I so much helped the nylon industry in buying nylon clothing and shoes and many other items. We have to switch over to Recycleable and Biodegradable.

For me, anyway, this starts with the toothbrush.

AP
King of Science, especially Physics

Re: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> Aug 31, 2021, 9:39:45 PM to plutonium-atom-universe, sci.physics 197th boo

<13d0cde9-7763-4227-9d7f-cfa9c0358fd0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74212&group=sci.math#74212

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 00:30:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment--
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 07:30 UTC

A website says that leather takes about 25-40 years to biodegrade, while it takes about 50 to 80 years for rubber to biodegrade.

I never thought of using leather for toothbrushes. Perhaps that is another hard material we can replace the nylon bristles on toothbrushes.

I suspect we can dope either leather or rubber with perhaps carbon to a consistency of hard medium soft toothbrush. Soon my Boars Hair toothbrush arrives and will report on how it works.

Anyway I am steering away from all things nylon. That is not a easy task, for nylon seems just about everywhere, especially clothing. I am not buying another nylon garment.

AP

Re: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> Aug 31, 2021, 9:39:45 PM to plutonium-atom-universe, sci.physics 197th boo

<aaf6695c-532f-43b5-b9b9-dc1f8ac7403en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74287&group=sci.math#74287

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 13:35:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 20:35 UTC

The microplastic that is nylon, could be so dangerous as to cause several major human diseases and maladies. Especially nylon because it is the toothbrush of modern society, a daily contact with microplastics, in the mouth and slowly wearing away toothbrush fibers, that many of those fibers go directly into the body.

I probably will never know what caused my liposarcoma cancer of 2015-16 with the world having so many poison and toxic chemicals all around, and we can say the 20th century, contrary to the ringing advertisement song of "Chemicals bring Good Things to Life" that the 20th century was a time in which the entire human society was treated like guinea pigs in a vast experiment of capitalistic-money-grubbing capitalist concerned more about profits than about health and safety.

And it is wonderful that the State of California is now enforcing a sticker on all merchandize that contains toxic and poison chemicals of products sold.

But nylon is especially a worrisome microplastic because daily, each and every day we brush our teeth, thinking the toothbrush is safe, safe, healthy and safe, when in reality we end up swallowing hundreds if not thousands of microfibers of nylon going down our throats and perhaps collecting in parts of our bodies rather than be pooped out.

Nylon especially because we come to depend on a plastic that is probably not safe. For we do know that microfibers of astestos certainly cause cancer, but we do not know if nylon is very much similar to asbestos. What causes cancer from asbestos is its sharp ends that interfer with cellular genetics, for asbestos is likened to a razor blade or a sharp pointed knife that interfers in genetic changes. So we must ask the question on whether nylon fibers act the same.

But because we daily have nylon in our mouths, inside our bodies, the we have to urge research scientists to tell us more about nylon, and how dangerous can nylon be.

Much of our clothing is nylon, but that is not as dangerous to humans as the toothbrush nylon. For clothing is not really placed inside the body as a toothbrush is placed in brushing the teeth.

So what diseases or maladies could nylon cause? Could nylon be the cause of Alzheimers? Or perhaps the cause of breast cancer? Could nylon be the cause of Alzheimers since Alzheimers is mostly a disease of the 20th century and the nylon industry is a 20th century afflication? I think breast cancer was really not that frequent until the 20th century rolled in and with the 20th century the cases of breast cancer skyrocketed.

And both these diseases can be seen as "accumulation disease" where you have your body constantly filling up with more and more nylon microfibers. And the culprit, most likely is the toothbrush.

AP
King of Science, especially Physics

Re: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> Aug 31, 2021, 9:39:45 PM to plutonium-atom-universe, sci.physics 197th boo

<7f128f04-da94-4d1b-a046-b3077809e064n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74354&group=sci.math#74354

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 00:39:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 07:39 UTC

So far I have suggested two materials to replace all nylon toothbrushes, the rubber and leather. Tonight I tried wood and found it works quite well.

In the past I often used my fingernails for areas on my tooth surface that felt not clean. Fingernails do a good job.

But whatever I end up with in replacing nylon, whatever is the substitute, it must not take longer in time in cleaning my teeth than the nylon toothbrush.

Typically I spend anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes with brushing and flossing. And there again, I suspect the floss is also a nylon. So I need a substitute for that also.

A plastic in the mouth is a dangerous item for science has no knowledge of microplastics and the harm they do once inside the body. Nylon is NonBiodegradable, and that is its most dangerous feature. Does the body poop out nylon. Or does the nylon microfibers clog up the arteries and veins. Has there been a rise in heart attacks due to clogged arteries and veins since nylon industry was founded?

Soon my Boar's Hair toothbrushes will arrive and will be excited to try them out.

AP
King of Science, especially Physics

Re: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> Aug 31, 2021, 9:39:45 PM to plutonium-atom-universe, sci.physics 197th boo

<e0553bdd-ab00-43f8-8ca6-9caaccdf50b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=75539&group=sci.math#75539

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 22:53:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 05:53 UTC

Re: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives It sheds microscopic fibers that end up in oceans and rivers every time it is washed. Harsh chemicals used in making nylon

Amazon emailed me back saying my product review on a duping toothbrush claiming to be castor bean bristle and not nylon bristle sounded "too profane" and so they rejected the review.

I guess profanity has crept into the King of Science life, only because he battles with stalkers that the profanity has crept in.

So I wrote another review only this time on the opposite end of the scale. Let us see if Amazon accepts this "nice chit". However, I signed it at the end by my characteristic signature block.

AP, King of Science, especially Physics

And Amazon may get bent out of shape when they see that signature and reject it on that grounds.

--- review sent ---
I want no nylon to ever enter my mouth again. And these are the only no-nylon bristle toothbrushes I have ever seen. They work great, although the wood handle sort of feels strange on my lips, but gotten used to it.

I no longer want to pollute Earth and animals with the nylon that never breaks down, and to see fish with toothbrushes in their guts is so miserable.

My teeth feel cleaner now, using a "African & American stick" plus these boars hair brushes. And soon will add silk floss to the teeth care.

I store my brush in the freezer overnight so I can use it until worn down completely and free of bacteria.

Thanks for giving society a alternative to nylon--that is more of a bane. The 20th century was a era of chemical poisons and pollutants, let the 21st be the era of cleaning up after the 20th.

Thanks that someone is making No Nylon toothbrush-- fully no nylon, not just the handles because the nylon bristles-- and who knows what nylon does to your body as you swallow microplastic-nylon fibers? For it cannot breakdown inside your body.

Archimedes Plutonium, King of Science, especially Physics
--- end quoting AP's review ---

Re: 197th book of science by AP// Nylon so bad for the environment-- it is non biodegradable, and buy and use alternatives Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> Aug 31, 2021, 9:39:45 PM to plutonium-atom-universe, sci.physics 197th boo

<74708d85-1d5d-46c9-85c3-2ed090e36bc2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=75762&group=sci.math#75762

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 12:09:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 19:09 UTC

Hurray, AP's signature block seen for the first time, outside of Usenet in Amazon shopping store as "AP, King of Science, especially Physics". I know my mother is completely proud of her blue-eyed boy now-- song-- Hard Ray's a Gonna Fall-- 147th published book

Our Sun Gone Red Giant and Americium saves Humanity // sci-fi series, book 5 Kindle Edition
by Archimedes Plutonium (Author)

Customer Review
M.I.T
5.0 out of 5 stars Hurray, no nylon bristle
Reviewed in the United States on September 10, 2021
Verified Purchase
[...]

--- end product review on Amazon by the King of Science ---

Archimedes Plutonium, King of Science, especially Physics