Is knowledge knowable? If not, how do we know that?

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

SubjectAuthor
* Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICALRichard Hertz
+* Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT nAthel Cornish-Bowden
|+- Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLEDwight Batta
|+* Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLERichard Hertz
||+- Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLEProkaryotic Capase Homolog
||`- Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLEPaul B. Andersen
|`- Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT nThomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
+- Crank Richard Hertz frothes at the mouth while eating shitDono.
+* Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLERichard Hertz
|`- Pathetic imbecile Richard Hertz frothes at the mouthDono.
`* Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLESylvia Else
 `- Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLEMaciej Wozniak

1
Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<bdeb6f85-ddf8-41e4-adbd-750826ac815dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74215&group=sci.physics.relativity#74215

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 09:14:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL
UNIT named after Einstein?
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 17:14 UTC

Why?

Only an synthetic element manufactured at Berkeley, with NO KNOWN USE.
Because of that, only little amounts of Einsteinium have been made,

Einsteinium is a member of the actinide series, it is metallic and radioactive. It is attacked by oxygen, steam and acids but not by alkalis. It is named after Albert Einstein. It was the seventh transuranic element to be discovered.

Einsteinium was discovered as a component of the debris of the first hydrogen
bomb explosion in 1952. ALBERT Ghiorso "discovered" it by Dec. 1952 at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

At least, the fate of this artificial construct is the same as Einstein's work: useless, dying in oblivion.

But you have units of measure like: newton, gauss, ohm, joule, watt, hertz,
kelvin, faraday, ampere, volt, coulomb, pascal, tesla, weber, siemens, henry,
angstrom, etc. And used to exist (cgs) maxwell, biot, oersted, stoke, etc.

Even Planck received some credits, with his stupid units.

But no einstein unit of measure exist.

I'd propose to invent one to measure BULLSHIT.

As in: your work is worth 53 einsteins (bad), or 140 einsteins (worse), or
the huge amount of 25,206 einsteins for string theory. And the records
would be:

SR: 1,042,994 einsteins.
GR: 11,553,893 einsteins.
LCDM: 38 million einsteins.

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<j1peoeFpfv0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74218&group=sci.physics.relativity#74218

From: acorn...@imm.cnrs.fr (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 18:38:22 +0100
 by: Athel Cornish-Bowden - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 17:38 UTC

On 2021-12-13 17:14:04 +0000, Richard Hertz said:

> Why?
>
> Only an synthetic element manufactured at Berkeley, with NO KNOWN USE.
> Because of that, only little amounts of Einsteinium have been made,
>
> Einsteinium is a member of the actinide series, it is metallic and
> radioactive. It is attacked by oxygen, steam and acids but not by
> alkalis. It is named after Albert Einstein. It was the seventh
> transuranic element to be discovered.
>
> Einsteinium was discovered as a component of the debris of the first hydrogen
> bomb explosion in 1952. ALBERT Ghiorso "discovered" it by Dec. 1952 at
> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
>
> At least, the fate of this artificial construct is the same as
> Einstein's work: useless, dying in oblivion.
>
> But you have units of measure like: newton, gauss, ohm, joule, watt, hertz,
> kelvin, faraday, ampere, volt, coulomb, pascal, tesla, weber, siemens, henry,
> angstrom, etc. And used to exist (cgs) maxwell, biot, oersted, stoke, etc.
>
> Even Planck received some credits, with his stupid units.
>
> But no einstein unit of measure exist.

Has no one ever told you about the Internet, a wonderful new thing that
allows you to avoid making a fool of yourself by checking your asinine
statements before you make them? I realize, of course, that avoiding
making a fool of yourself is not very high on your list of priorities,
but still:

"The einstein (symbol E) is a unit defined as the energy in one mole of
photons (6.022×1023 photons)."

> I'd propose to invent one to measure BULLSHIT.

That would be better called the hertz, except that that's been taken.
Maybe the richardhertz would do.

--
Athel -- French and British, living mainly in England until 1987.

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<sp814q$vcm$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74223&group=sci.physics.relativity#74223

From: iyu...@cvbn.sd (Dwight Batta)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE
PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 17:50:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dwight Batta - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 17:50 UTC

Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:

>> Even Planck received some credits, with his stupid units.
>> But no einstein unit of measure exist.
>
> Has no one ever told you about the Internet, a wonderful new thing that
> allows you to avoid making a fool of yourself by checking your asinine
> statements before you make them? I realize, of course, that avoiding
> making a fool of yourself is not very high on your list of priorities,
> but still: "The einstein (symbol E) is a unit defined as the energy in
> one mole of photons (6.022×1023 photons)."

he is consistent, not you. When did you last time used that unit? Let me
guess, never.

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<0f2c5925-14ce-414d-9861-4eae57034374n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74243&group=sci.physics.relativity#74243

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 13:10:02 -0800 (PST)
PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 21:10 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 2:38:26 PM UTC-3, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:

<snip>

> Has no one ever told you about the Internet, a wonderful new thing that
> allows you to avoid making a fool of yourself by checking your asinine
> statements before you make them? I realize, of course, that avoiding
> making a fool of yourself is not very high on your list of priorities,
> but still:
>
> "The einstein (symbol E) is a unit defined as the energy in one mole of
> photons (6.022×1023 photons)."

Thanks for offering to me a proof that I was seeking to show you as a cretin delusional relativist scum.

The unit was invented in a Star Trek's convention, to calculate the energy of a photon-torpedo, imbecile.

Not even with this simple matter, defining one unit without resorting to plagiarism and stupidity, relativists succeed.

It's only one unit of measure in the fucking head of imbeciles like you. A unit of measure THAT IS NOT CONSTANT?

Fucking retarded. Post the COMPLETE DEFINITION, that resides in the deep&dark Internet:

The einstein (symbol E) is a unit defined as the energy in one mole of photons (6.022×1023 photons).
Because energy is inversely proportional to wavelength, the unit is frequency dependent.

This unit is not part of the International System of Units (SI) and *****is redundant with the joule*****.

In studies of photosynthesis the einstein is sometimes used with a different definition of one mole of photons.
As such, photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) was formerly often reported in microeinsteins per second per s
quare meter (μE m−2 s−1).

This usage is also not part of the SI and when used this way it *******is redundant with the mole*******.

Since the unit does not have a standard definition and is not part of the SI system, *******it is usually better to avoid its use*******.

Einstenians make me sick. Always plagiarizing, inventing fairy tails, cheating. It comes with the CULT.

A unit that plagiarizes two other existing units, universally valid and, FOR WORSE, frequency dependent.

You know what? Fuck you, asshole!

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<10002712.nUPlyArG6x@PointedEars.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74247&group=sci.physics.relativity#74247

From: PointedE...@web.de (Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 22:25:09 +0100
Face: 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
 by: Thomas 'Pointed - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 21:25 UTC

Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:

> On 2021-12-13 17:14:04 +0000, Richard Hertz said:
>> I'd propose to invent one to measure BULLSHIT.
>
> That would be better called the hertz, except that that's been taken.
> Maybe the richardhertz would do.

YMMD :-D

PointedEars
--
Q: What did the nuclear physicist post on the laboratory door
when he went camping?

Crank Richard Hertz frothes at the mouth while eating shit

<572c1de6-7f13-4af5-ae3f-c4626544e9cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74249&group=sci.physics.relativity#74249

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 13:31:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Crank Richard Hertz frothes at the mouth while eating shit
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 21:31 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 9:14:06 AM UTC-8, Richard Hertz ate more shit:
> Why?
>
> Only an synthetic element manufactured at Berkeley, with NO KNOWN USE.
> Because of that, only little amounts of Einsteinium have been made,
Eating shit again, Dickie boy?

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<8c338e68-befa-4a40-a966-bace554f33ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74293&group=sci.physics.relativity#74293

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 15:30:19 -0800 (PST)
PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:30 UTC

Pathetic imbeciles, this is the famous Planck function of distribution of spectral energy in a BBC at equilibrium.
The amount of "photons" per cubic meter NOT ONLY depends on their FREQUENCY, but also on the TEMPERATURE of the medium.

u(ʋ, T) = (8πhʋ³)/c³ (eᶻ - 1)⁻¹ , where z = hʋ/kT , (units: Joule.m⁻³.Hz⁻¹)

or

u(ʋ, T) = 8πε³/(h²c³) (eᶻ - 1)⁻¹ , where z = hʋ/kT and ε = hʋ , (units: Joule.m⁻³.Hz⁻¹)

or

u(ʋ, T) = N(ʋ) (eᶻ - 1)⁻¹ , where z = hʋ/kT, ε = hʋ and N(ʋ) = 8πε³/(h²c³) , (units: Joule.m⁻³.Hz⁻¹)

N(ʋ) = 8πε³/(h²c³) is the number of "photons" WITH ANY POSSIBLE ENERGY ε = hʋ, per cubic meter and per Hertz
in a black body cavity, in thermal equilibrium.

To even CONSIDER "one mole of photons", you have to spread the amount N(ʋ) to all over the SPACE (eᶻ - 1)⁻¹ , where z = hʋ/kT.

Try to get a "mole of photons" CONFINED in a finite volume, cretins. There is ONLY ONE WAY, and Planck, Wien, Rayleigh and Jeans,
along with a dozen of experimental physicists knew. You DON'T, plus the fact that such UNIT IS USELESS in real life.

That's why relativists are truly retarded people, arrogant but highly ignorant. PARASITES of physics, which only drain the energy
of their hosts, as intellectual vampires: full of thirst of plagiarism, cheating and sophism, but void of any fucking REAL idea.

Vampires of science, living at the expense of the rest of physicists and engineers that make the world function and develop.

You all, amateur and professional PARASITES, contributes NOTHING for the progress of the world. Only makes the world to advance
at a lower pace that if none of you ever existed, because time and effort should be spent to NEUTRALIZE your METAPHYSICS.

Useless relativists, as parasites are in real life.

Pathetic imbecile Richard Hertz frothes at the mouth

<67ccacf2-17f1-437f-bb08-b02c379fdff4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74298&group=sci.physics.relativity#74298

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 15:59:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Pathetic imbecile Richard Hertz frothes at the mouth
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:59 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 3:30:21 PM UTC-8, Crank Richard Hertz frothed at the mouth:
> rubbish mercifully snipped<

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<j1q5kgFtm6kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74300&group=sci.physics.relativity#74300

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 11:08:48 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 00:08 UTC

On 14-Dec-21 4:14 am, Richard Hertz wrote:
> Why?
>
> Only an synthetic element manufactured at Berkeley, with NO KNOWN USE.
> Because of that, only little amounts of Einsteinium have been made,
>
> Einsteinium is a member of the actinide series, it is metallic and radioactive. It is attacked by oxygen, steam and acids but not by alkalis. It is named after Albert Einstein. It was the seventh transuranic element to be discovered.
>
> Einsteinium was discovered as a component of the debris of the first hydrogen
> bomb explosion in 1952. ALBERT Ghiorso "discovered" it by Dec. 1952 at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
>
> At least, the fate of this artificial construct is the same as Einstein's work: useless, dying in oblivion.
>
> But you have units of measure like: newton, gauss, ohm, joule, watt, hertz,
> kelvin, faraday, ampere, volt, coulomb, pascal, tesla, weber, siemens, henry,
> angstrom, etc. And used to exist (cgs) maxwell, biot, oersted, stoke, etc.
>
> Even Planck received some credits, with his stupid units.
>
> But no einstein unit of measure exist.
>
> I'd propose to invent one to measure BULLSHIT.
>
> As in: your work is worth 53 einsteins (bad), or 140 einsteins (worse), or
> the huge amount of 25,206 einsteins for string theory. And the records
> would be:
>
> SR: 1,042,994 einsteins.
> GR: 11,553,893 einsteins.
> LCDM: 38 million einsteins.

Who needs a unit when they have an element?

Units are human creations. Elements are a part of the real universe.

Sylvia.

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<0a487d24-bf00-46c4-9f67-3a3c97a2af35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74301&group=sci.physics.relativity#74301

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:25:35 -0800 (PST)
PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?
From: prokaryo...@gmail.com (Prokaryotic Capase Homolog)
 by: Prokaryotic Capase H - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 00:25 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 3:10:04 PM UTC-6, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 2:38:26 PM UTC-3, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Has no one ever told you about the Internet, a wonderful new thing that
> > allows you to avoid making a fool of yourself by checking your asinine
> > statements before you make them? I realize, of course, that avoiding
> > making a fool of yourself is not very high on your list of priorities,
> > but still:
> >
> > "The einstein (symbol E) is a unit defined as the energy in one mole of
> > photons (6.022×1023 photons)."
> Thanks for offering to me a proof that I was seeking to show you as a cretin delusional relativist scum.
>
> The unit was invented in a Star Trek's convention, to calculate the energy of a photon-torpedo, imbecile.

They had Star Trek conventions in 1940????

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<a0e72ce9-8a47-4374-9c5d-1eafc3bcec52n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74319&group=sci.physics.relativity#74319

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:23:35 -0800 (PST)
PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 07:23 UTC

On Tuesday, 14 December 2021 at 01:08:52 UTC+1, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 14-Dec-21 4:14 am, Richard Hertz wrote:
> > Why?
> >
> > Only an synthetic element manufactured at Berkeley, with NO KNOWN USE.
> > Because of that, only little amounts of Einsteinium have been made,
> >
> > Einsteinium is a member of the actinide series, it is metallic and radioactive. It is attacked by oxygen, steam and acids but not by alkalis. It is named after Albert Einstein. It was the seventh transuranic element to be discovered.
> >
> > Einsteinium was discovered as a component of the debris of the first hydrogen
> > bomb explosion in 1952. ALBERT Ghiorso "discovered" it by Dec. 1952 at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
> >
> > At least, the fate of this artificial construct is the same as Einstein's work: useless, dying in oblivion.
> >
> > But you have units of measure like: newton, gauss, ohm, joule, watt, hertz,
> > kelvin, faraday, ampere, volt, coulomb, pascal, tesla, weber, siemens, henry,
> > angstrom, etc. And used to exist (cgs) maxwell, biot, oersted, stoke, etc.
> >
> > Even Planck received some credits, with his stupid units.
> >
> > But no einstein unit of measure exist.
> >
> > I'd propose to invent one to measure BULLSHIT.
> >
> > As in: your work is worth 53 einsteins (bad), or 140 einsteins (worse), or
> > the huge amount of 25,206 einsteins for string theory. And the records
> > would be:
> >
> > SR: 1,042,994 einsteins.
> > GR: 11,553,893 einsteins.
> > LCDM: 38 million einsteins.
> >
> Who needs a unit when they have an element?
> Units are human creations.

And humans need them; enlightened high spirits
like You maybe not.

Re: Did you EVER questioned yourself WHY there is NOT A SINGLE PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?

<AB%tJ.1008590$Ah33.750664@fx04.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74333&group=sci.physics.relativity#74333

PHYSICAL UNIT named after Einstein?
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
From: paul.b.a...@paulba.no (Paul B. Andersen)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 12:54:06 +0100
 by: Paul B. Andersen - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 11:54 UTC

Den 13.12.2021 22:10, skrev Richard Hertz:
> On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 2:38:26 PM UTC-3, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Has no one ever told you about the Internet, a wonderful new thing that
>> allows you to avoid making a fool of yourself by checking your asinine
>> statements before you make them? I realize, of course, that avoiding
>> making a fool of yourself is not very high on your list of priorities,
>> but still:
>>
>> "The einstein (symbol E) is a unit defined as the energy in one mole of
>> photons (6.022×1023 photons)."
>
> Thanks for offering to me a proof that I was seeking to show you as a cretin delusional relativist scum.
>
> The unit was invented in a Star Trek's convention, to calculate the energy of a photon-torpedo, imbecile.

I don't know what a "photon-torpedo, imbecile" is, but
thanks for offering to me a proof that you show as a cretin delusional
anti-relativity scum who is making up proofs that E is not a unit used
in science.

It is not used much, though. Of good reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_(unit)

BTW, since you are a Star Trek physics expert,
how many Einsteins are there in a "photon-torpedo, imbecile"?

> You know what? Fuck you, asshole!

Know what? You seem to be a nice person.

--
Paul, trolling to catch Richards

https://paulba.no/