Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Alien reflexion (2)

SubjectAuthor
* Alien reflexion (2)Richard Hachel
+* Re: Alien reflexion (2)Odd Bodkin
|+* Re: Alien reflexion (2)Richard Hachel
||`- Re: Alien reflexion (2)Odd Bodkin
|`- Re: Alien reflexion (2)Maciej Wozniak
`- Re: Alien reflexion (2)rotchm

1
Alien reflexion (2)

<2DNPtnqZn1ddH9sNEWEd7jGF2jA@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74364&group=sci.physics.relativity#74364

Subject: Alien reflexion (2)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: f5zT3n1WdoogeM8fFX-dqvYB-dw
JNTP-ThreadID: avZG3NILOG8Xz7arL2o14Fwkb_8
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=2DNPtnqZn1ddH9sNEWEd7jGF2jA@jntp
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 21 15:00:43 +0000
From: r.hac...@tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:00 UTC

Commander Cromar then sends a massage to the other rocket, telling it that
one of the two watches is out of tune. He claims the other watch is three
seconds less than his and asks Captain Seth for an explanation.
Captain Seth replied that his clock worked impeccably, and marked exactly
the same time as those of all the Ontavian watches on board his rocket;
and that if there is a desynchronization, it cannot come from his home.
Additionally, Captain Seth mocks Commander Cromar, suspecting him of
consuming a little too much sake, as not only is probably his clock that
has been damaged, but his clock is also not moving. three seconds, but
obviously three seconds behind his.
Captain Cromar then gets angry with the captain of the other vessel,
saying that it is impossible for his clock to go wrong, because all the
watches placed on the wrists of Ontarians clearly prove that the clock
that he just filed works flawlessly, and it's the other clock that's
messing around.
A quarrel then breaks out between the two aliens.

R.H.

Re: Alien reflexion (2)

<spacr3$1bpt$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74368&group=sci.physics.relativity#74368

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Alien reflexion (2)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:22:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:22 UTC

Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> Commander Cromar then sends a massage to the other rocket, telling it that
> one of the two watches is out of tune. He claims the other watch is three
> seconds less than his and asks Captain Seth for an explanation.
> Captain Seth replied that his clock worked impeccably, and marked exactly
> the same time as those of all the Ontavian watches on board his rocket;
> and that if there is a desynchronization, it cannot come from his home.
> Additionally, Captain Seth mocks Commander Cromar, suspecting him of
> consuming a little too much sake, as not only is probably his clock that
> has been damaged, but his clock is also not moving. three seconds, but
> obviously three seconds behind his.
> Captain Cromar then gets angry with the captain of the other vessel,
> saying that it is impossible for his clock to go wrong, because all the
> watches placed on the wrists of Ontarians clearly prove that the clock
> that he just filed works flawlessly, and it's the other clock that's
> messing around.
> A quarrel then breaks out between the two aliens.
>
> R.H.

Nope, this is not the method I was suggesting to you.

All that’s needed is that the distant clock receive a pulse from the near
clock, and respond by sending a timestamped pulse back. This is enough
information to sort out whether the clocks are synchronized, without any
argument between captains.

Do you not understand how to sort this out with this simple method?

Re: Alien reflexion (2)

<YMvmnh7yRj0Eh3hfHbbkAzA6oFM@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74370&group=sci.physics.relativity#74370

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: hqyhCyR4yvOQZQd3_Gj3L6I2SVw
JNTP-ThreadID: avZG3NILOG8Xz7arL2o14Fwkb_8
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=YMvmnh7yRj0Eh3hfHbbkAzA6oFM@jntp
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 21 15:36:27 +0000
From: r.hac...@tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:36 UTC

Le 14/12/2021 à 16:22, Odd Bodkin a écrit :
> Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr> wrote:
>> Commander Cromar then sends a massage to the other rocket, telling it that
>> one of the two watches is out of tune. He claims the other watch is three
>> seconds less than his and asks Captain Seth for an explanation.
>> Captain Seth replied that his clock worked impeccably, and marked exactly
>> the same time as those of all the Ontavian watches on board his rocket;
>> and that if there is a desynchronization, it cannot come from his home.
>> Additionally, Captain Seth mocks Commander Cromar, suspecting him of
>> consuming a little too much sake, as not only is probably his clock that
>> has been damaged, but his clock is also not moving. three seconds, but
>> obviously three seconds behind his.
>> Captain Cromar then gets angry with the captain of the other vessel,
>> saying that it is impossible for his clock to go wrong, because all the
>> watches placed on the wrists of Ontarians clearly prove that the clock
>> that he just filed works flawlessly, and it's the other clock that's
>> messing around.
>> A quarrel then breaks out between the two aliens.
>>
>> R.H.
>>

> Nope, this is not the method I was suggesting to you.
>
> All that’s needed is that the distant clock receive a pulse from the near
> clock, and respond by sending a timestamped pulse back. This is enough
> information to sort out whether the clocks are synchronized, without any
> argument between captains.
>
> Do you not understand how to sort this out with this simple method?

No, it doesn't work. The method was used by Commander Cromar, who ordered
Captain Seth to immediately set his clock to his, on pain of
insubordination and a court of war.
Death in the soul Captain Seth executed himself.
He set his clock on the other.
The answer was not long in coming:
"Are you crazy? This time things got worse. You're behind us six seconds."
But what's going on in your rocket? Are you looking for the "tribunal de
guerre" or what? "

R.H.

Re: Alien reflexion (2)

<spagc5$19dj$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74382&group=sci.physics.relativity#74382

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 16:22:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 16:22 UTC

Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> Le 14/12/2021 à 16:22, Odd Bodkin a écrit :
>> Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr> wrote:
>>> Commander Cromar then sends a massage to the other rocket, telling it that
>>> one of the two watches is out of tune. He claims the other watch is three
>>> seconds less than his and asks Captain Seth for an explanation.
>>> Captain Seth replied that his clock worked impeccably, and marked exactly
>>> the same time as those of all the Ontavian watches on board his rocket;
>>> and that if there is a desynchronization, it cannot come from his home.
>>> Additionally, Captain Seth mocks Commander Cromar, suspecting him of
>>> consuming a little too much sake, as not only is probably his clock that
>>> has been damaged, but his clock is also not moving. three seconds, but
>>> obviously three seconds behind his.
>>> Captain Cromar then gets angry with the captain of the other vessel,
>>> saying that it is impossible for his clock to go wrong, because all the
>>> watches placed on the wrists of Ontarians clearly prove that the clock
>>> that he just filed works flawlessly, and it's the other clock that's
>>> messing around.
>>> A quarrel then breaks out between the two aliens.
>>>
>>> R.H.
>>>

>> Nope, this is not the method I was suggesting to you.
>>
>> All that’s needed is that the distant clock receive a pulse from the near
>> clock, and respond by sending a timestamped pulse back. This is enough
>> information to sort out whether the clocks are synchronized, without any
>> argument between captains.
>>
>> Do you not understand how to sort this out with this simple method?
>
> No, it doesn't work. The method was used by Commander Cromar, who ordered
> Captain Seth to immediately set his clock to his, on pain of
> insubordination and a court of war.

That’s not at all the method I described. The distant clock doesn’t need to
reset at all. It just has to send a timestamped pulse back.

Do you understand how this will produce the answer?

> Death in the soul Captain Seth executed himself.
> He set his clock on the other.
> The answer was not long in coming:
> "Are you crazy? This time things got worse. You're behind us six seconds."
> But what's going on in your rocket? Are you looking for the "tribunal de
> guerre" or what? "
>

> R.H.

Re: Alien reflexion (2)

<345ec050-1890-4188-92e7-288138ce9debn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74386&group=sci.physics.relativity#74386

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 08:40:02 -0800 (PST)
From: rot...@gmail.com (rotchm)
 by: rotchm - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 16:40 UTC

On Tuesday, December 14, 2021 at 10:00:46 AM UTC-5, Richard Hachel wrote:
<off topics snipped>

You once again started a new thread without finishing a previous one. that's bad netiquette and very impolite.
So I ask you again,

" ...Did you not notice that it was the troll? "

Re: Alien reflexion (2)

<1ad9a9df-8ecb-466c-ad02-274266b73adbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=74389&group=sci.physics.relativity#74389

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 08:54:13 -0800 (PST)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 16:54 UTC

On Tuesday, 14 December 2021 at 16:22:13 UTC+1, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> Richard Hachel <r.ha...@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > Commander Cromar then sends a massage to the other rocket, telling it that
> > one of the two watches is out of tune. He claims the other watch is three
> > seconds less than his and asks Captain Seth for an explanation.
> > Captain Seth replied that his clock worked impeccably, and marked exactly
> > the same time as those of all the Ontavian watches on board his rocket;
> > and that if there is a desynchronization, it cannot come from his home.
> > Additionally, Captain Seth mocks Commander Cromar, suspecting him of
> > consuming a little too much sake, as not only is probably his clock that
> > has been damaged, but his clock is also not moving. three seconds, but
> > obviously three seconds behind his.
> > Captain Cromar then gets angry with the captain of the other vessel,
> > saying that it is impossible for his clock to go wrong, because all the
> > watches placed on the wrists of Ontarians clearly prove that the clock
> > that he just filed works flawlessly, and it's the other clock that's
> > messing around.
> > A quarrel then breaks out between the two aliens.
> >
> > R.H.
> >
> Nope, this is not the method I was suggesting to you.
>
> All that’s needed is that the distant clock receive a pulse from the near
> clock, and respond by sending a timestamped pulse back. This is enough
> information to sort out whether the clocks are synchronized, without any
> argument between captains.

In the delusional world of your delusional gedankens.
It's a bit more complicated in real GPS.