Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 04:20:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Webb complete and Venus transit complete
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 12:20 UTC

A great day for research-

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbLaunch/deploymentExplorer.html

Re: Webb complete and Venus transit complete

<311f4f15-10fd-4727-95d6-0fc0b29952a0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7452&group=sci.astro.amateur#7452

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:05:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Webb complete and Venus transit complete
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 18:05 UTC

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

Venus moves faster than the change in the position of the stars so it would have appeared to all observers in antiquity as retrograde motion, at least when it was visible. Unlike the slower moving planets where relative speeds between the faster moving Earth and slower moving Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and so on caused the slower moving planets to fall temporarily behind in view require a fixed field of stars to gauge the insight, an altogether different framework is needed for the direct/retrogrades of Venus and Mercury-

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap011220.html

Those who have already come to appreciate what is in front of them can now come to understand why the perspectives between the faster and slower moving planets seen from Earth provided the first Sun centred researchers with problems and particularly as Tycho Brahe had Mercury and Venus run circuits around the Sun in an Earth centred system-

https://www.physics.unlv.edu/~jeffery/astro/tycho/tychonic_system.png

I have resolved the issue using a contemporary satellite by changing the reference from the Ptolemaic framework where the Sun moved directly through the constellations to a perspective where the stars change position as a function of the orbital motion of the Earth thereby setting the Sun up as a central/stationary reference that it actually is.

Although there is an enormous amount of work expanding out of this observational perspective, it is sufficient presently that the partitioning of perspectives depending on whether the other planets are moving faster or slower than our moving planet is enjoyed with familiarity.