From: ckg...@f???rbes.com (Carol Kinsey Goman)
Subject: Re: "[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."
Newsgroups: misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
<dbmdnQlxIrT18UvNnZ2dnUVZ5rOdnZ2d@giganews.com> <kb69pv$fpc$1@dont-email.me>
<bJqdnXpWdKADp0rNnZ2dnUVZ5rKdnZ2d@giganews.com> <kb88jt$tcv$1@dont-email.me>
<SdOdnYwCVq0jIErNnZ2dnUVZ5t6dnZ2d@giganews.com> <kb8fdu$quh$1@dont-email.me>
<SqmdnS_dCKqKVErNnZ2dnUVZ5tWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <kb8i8u$6la$1@dont-email.me>
<SNWdnWG3ouWqU0rNnZ2dnUVZ5vWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <kb8mll$p08$1@dont-email.me>
<LOudnRIdlIkW4UXNnZ2dnUVZ5vednZ2d@giganews.com>
<50d88092$0$9804$607ed4bc@cv.net>
<-YidnYjX8_BeHEXNnZ2dnUVZ5qmdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<50d884a9$0$9809$607ed4bc@cv.net>
<rLmdnYZrcZ5_GkXNnZ2dnUVZ5hqdnZ2d@giganews.com>
<50d8a42d$0$9818$607ed4bc@cv.net>
<Qd6dnfqNAa8GOUXNnZ2dnUVZ5tqdnZ2d@giganews.com> <kbacag$ccm$1@dont-email.me>
<2JGdnaK6pJL9KEXNnZ2dnUVZ5qadnZ2d@giganews.com> <kbb45p$3ll$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 11:00:51 -0700
 by: Carol Kinsey Goman - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:00 UTC

On 12/24/2012 6:47 PM, scooter lied:

> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/24/2012 12:01 PM, scooter lied:
>>>

>>> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message

>>> So there is no proof of your claims?
>>
>> He asked for text in the amendment spelling out the limitations.
>
> He said nothing about text.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."

<_dd3M.2569029$iU59.2026786@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7463&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7463

Newsgroups: misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
<nXc3M.575912$5CY7.412625@fx46.iad>
From: JW...@jw.com (Just Wondering)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 12:20:42 -0600
 by: Just Wondering - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:20 UTC

On 4/29/2023 12:00 PM, Carol Kinsey Goman wrote:

> There are inherent limits in the right to keep and bear arms. You know
> this. They are not spelled out in the second amendment or in other
> amendments - they are inherent to the right itself.

Please give an example of what you mean by a limit to the
right that is inherent in the right itself.

Re: "[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."

<kqd3M.2445477$iS99.449217@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7465&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7465

From: lb...@cap.con (Lou Bricano)
Newsgroups: misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
<nXc3M.575912$5CY7.412625@fx46.iad> <_dd3M.2569029$iU59.2026786@fx14.iad>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 11:33:52 -0700
 by: Lou Bricano - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:33 UTC

On 4/29/2023 11:20 AM, Francis Mark Hansen <fmhlaw@comcast.net>, sleazy
rent-skip chaser, possible polygamist and irrational gun nut, lied:
> On 4/29/2023 12:00 PM, Carol Kinsey Goman wrote:
>>
>> There are inherent limits in the right to keep and bear arms. You know this.
>> They are not spelled out in the second amendment or in other amendments - they
>> are inherent to the right itself.
>
> Please give an example of what you mean by a limit to the
> right that is inherent in the right itself.

Scalia already instructed you on that point, Francis. When he said:

From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts
routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry *any
weapon whatsoever* in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
[emphasis added]

He is elaborating on — instructing you, Francis — on the inherent limits to the
right. It is an inherent limit to the right itself that it doesn't mean a right
to just whatever guns you wish to have, Francis.

Why do you suppose your fellow gun idolator, scooter, is too stupid to see that
the limits to the right, which he claims elsewhere to acknowledge, would *not*
be enumerated in the amendment? Do you think the amendment defines the right,
Francis? It doesn't, of course — it takes the right to be preexisting. The
amendment could be rewritten, with no loss or addition of meaning, as:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right — *whatever that right may be* — of the people to keep and bear
Arms, shall not be infringed.

That would not alter the *meaning* of the amendment in any way, Francis. It
would alter the text, but not the meaning. My textual alteration, Francis, is
something that was unnecessary to state, but it is implicitly present. It is
present in *all* the amendments addressing rights, Francis.

You are such a fucking dope, Francis. If I were to be charged with some crime
in SLC, I would throw myself onto the mercy of the court before I would hire an
incompetent rent-skip chaser like you to represent me. I couldn't do any worse.