Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 05:18:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Einstein's Relativity: an Insane Ideology
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 13:18 UTC

"Einstein pulled all of these ideas together in his 1905 theory of special relativity, which postulated that the speed of light was a constant. For this to be true, space and time had to be combined into a single framework that conspired to keep light's speed the same for all observers." https://www..livescience.com/space-time.html

"In special relativity, the speed of light remains constant by allowing both space and time to change in such a way as to keep the speed of light constant." https://coursehero.com/tutors-problems/Physics/28577046-According-to-special-relativity-the-speed-of-light-is-the-same-for-al/

Michelle Thaller: "All of the universe shifts around this constant, the speed of light." https://youtube.com/watch?v=DO7J2YIz8tY

Brian Greene: "If space and time did not behave this way, the speed of light would not be constant and would depend on the observer's state of motion. But it is constant; space and time do behave this way. Space and time adjust themselves in an exactly compensating manner so that observations of light's speed yield the same result, regardless of the observer's velocity." http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/special-relativity-nutshell.html

Neil deGrasse Tyson, Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries, pp. 123-124: "If everyone, everywhere and at all times, is to measure the same speed for the beam from your imaginary spacecraft, a number of things have to happen. First of all, as the speed of your spacecraft increases, the length of everything - you, your measuring devices, your spacecraft - shortens in the direction of motion, as seen by everyone else. Furthermore, your own time slows down exactly enough so that when you haul out your newly shortened yardstick, you are guaranteed to be duped into measuring the same old constant value for the speed of light. What we have here is a COSMIC CONSPIRACY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER." https://www.amazon.com/Death-Black-Hole-Cosmic-Quandaries/dp/039335038X

"This paper investigates an alternative possibility: that the critics were right and that the success of Einstein's theory in overcoming them was due to its strengths as an ideology rather than as a science. The clock paradox illustrates how relativity theory does indeed contain inconsistencies that make it scientifically problematic. These same inconsistencies, however, make the theory ideologically powerful. [...] The gatekeepers of professional physics in the universities and research institutes are disinclined to support or employ anyone who raises problems over the elementary inconsistencies of relativity. A winnowing out process has made it very difficult for critics of Einstein to achieve or maintain professional status. Relativists are then able to use the argument of authority to discredit these critics. Were relativists to admit that Einstein may have made a series of elementary logical errors, they would be faced with the embarrassing question of why this had not been noticed earlier. Under these circumstances the marginalisation of antirelativists, unjustified on scientific grounds, is eminently justifiable on grounds of realpolitik. Supporters of relativity theory have protected both the theory and their own reputations by shutting their opponents out of professional discourse. [...] The triumph of relativity theory represents the triumph of ideology not only in the profession of physics bur also in the philosophy of science." Peter Hayes, The Ideology of Relativity: The Case of the Clock Paradox https://tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02691720902741399

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Einstein's Relativity: an Insane Ideology

<82fb9bef-28f9-4228-9619-ee7ea60999f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=75378&group=sci.physics.relativity#75378

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 17:06:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Einstein's Relativity: an Insane Ideology
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 01:06 UTC

On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 5:18:21 AM UTC-8, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> "Einstein pulled all of these ideas together in his 1905 theory of special relativity, which postulated tha]

He pulled those ideas together and still offered his alternative last.
It is called Closing velocity theory.

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: Einstein's Relativity: an Insane Ideology

<768911be-664e-4c06-be32-d3232587200an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=75491&group=sci.physics.relativity#75491

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 16:10:00 -0800 (PST)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 00:10 UTC

LIGO fakers: "The fact that the speed of gravitational waves is equal to the speed of electromagnetic waves is simply because they both travel at the speed of information." https://discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/why-does-gravity-travel-at-the-speed-of-light

Is "speed of information" defined in physics? Theoretical physicists: "Who cares?"

George Orwell: "Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity."