From: ckg...@f???rbes.com (Carol Kinsey Goman)
Subject: Re: "A conservative case for an assault weapons ban"
Newsgroups: misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 13:26:13 -0700
 by: Carol Kinsey Goman - Wed, 3 May 2023 20:26 UTC

On 12/21/2012 12:23 PM, Scout wrote:

> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/20/2012 6:55 PM, Scout wrote:
>>>

>>> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message

>>> Fine... So let's see you show us the text in the 2nd that supports your
>>> claim.
>>
>> You really are monumentally stupid. That's not how any amendment works.
>
> Hmmm... You make a claim about what's in the 2nd Amendment,

No, I didn't; you lied. The words that are in the second amendment are quite
well known. It's the *meaning* that is in dispute. You claim it means you may
own just *any* arms you wish to own. In fact, it does not mean that, it *never*
meant that, it *never* was intended by its authors to mean that.

The second amendment did not and does not recognize an unlimited right for you
to own just *any* arms you might wish to own. You know that.

Here's a question for you, designed to fuck you up and make you fall on your
face. There are laws, both state and federal, that prohibit *all* lawful gun
ownership to convicted felons; similar laws do the same for people adjudged
mentally ill. These laws are not in violation of the second amendment, yet there
is no language in the amendment making exceptions for felons of crazies. How are
these laws not in violation of the amendment?  And don't give us any of your
Constitution-ignorant bullshit about the fifth amendment.  That doesn't say
anything about gun rights.