From: ckg...@f???rbes.com (Carol Kinsey Goman)
Subject: Re: "A conservative case for an assault weapons ban"
Newsgroups: misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 13:39:07 -0700
 by: Carol Kinsey Goman - Wed, 3 May 2023 20:39 UTC

On 12/21/2012 12:33 PM, Scout wrote:

> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/20/2012 6:58 PM, Scout wrote:

>>> Oh, and it's a long long way from an AR-15 to a nuclear weapon.
>>
>> Irrelevant.
>
> It certainly is relevant because

No, it's entirely irrelevant. Once we admit - and you *have* admitted it - that
*some* arms might be proscribed, then we have admitted - *you* have admitted -
that the second amendment doesn't recognize an unlimited right to keep and bear
just *any* arms you might wish.

Essentially, we're done: you have admitted that the second amendment doesn't
recognize the unlimited right you said it does. We're done, but I know a stupid
stubborn cocksucker like you won't stop now.

> It's like saying because we ban child pornography that means we can ban
> Bibles.

No, it's not like that at all. But the fact that we can, *constitutionally*, ban
child pornography absolutely means there is no unlimited first amendment right
to free speech. As is well known, you may not cry "Fire!" in a crowded theater
and claim a first amendment right to free speech in order to escape prosecution
- *that* type of speech is not protected by the amendment.

>> The simple point is, you do *NOT* have an unconditional second
>> amendment right to just *any* weapon you might fancy.
>
> And you can present actual evidence to back this up?

I already have, and you have already admitted it. You admit that you may not
lawfully possess a nuclear weapon; you admit that you may not lawfully possess a
live artillery shell containing deadly biological or chemical agents. You admit
all this - you acknowledge that the second amendment does not recognize an
unlimited right to own just *any* arms you might wish, and that it was never
intended to do so.