From: ckg...@f???rbes.com (Carol Kinsey Goman)
Subject: Re: "[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."
Newsgroups: misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 13:42:00 -0700
 by: Carol Kinsey Goman - Wed, 3 May 2023 20:42 UTC

On 12/22/2012 2:10 PM, Scout wrote:

> "Carol Kinsey Goman" <ckg@förbes.com> wrote in message

>>> Another gun grabber straw man.
>>
>> Not a straw man at all. And I'm not a "gun grabber" - I own guns, and
>> would like to own some more, although I can't see dumping a whole lot
>> of money into it.
>>

>>> No right is "unlimited."
>>
>> Many of your fellow crazed proto-Nazi gun nuts wish to believe that
>> the gun rights secured by the second amendment *are* unlimited.
>
> Sorry, but I believe people were contesting your assertion that such
> limitations existed within the 2nd.

They exist with the right, not within the amendment.

>> For example, they believe that a limitation on clip/magazine capacity
>> would be a violation of the amendment. Clearly it would not be.
>
> Actually, it certainly could be given the current SCOTUS rulings on what
> things would be protected.

The SCOTUS has made no such ruling, apart from ruling that handguns may not be
prohibited.

The assault weapons ban from 1994 to 2004, which included a limitation on
ammunition feeding device capacity, was never successfully challenged and
overturned on second amendment grounds. Almost certainly, a new limitation on
such devices would be upheld. All decent and thinking people would hope it would be.