Virtue is a relative term. -- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1

tech / rec.crafts.metalworking / Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

SubjectAuthor
* Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Bob La Londe
`* Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Bob La Londe
 `* Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Gerry
  `* Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Bob La Londe
   `* Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Bob La Londe
    `* Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Gerry
     `* Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Bob La Londe
      `* Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Bob La Londe
       `* Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Gerry
        `- Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.Bob La Londe

1
Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<u2p5mh$as5b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7526&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7526

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 12:59:12 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Mon, 1 May 2023 19:59 UTC

Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

"Your claim is in progress. At this time we're unable to locate a
service provider. We're working on it — we'll update you soon.​"

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a

www.avg.com

Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<u2rld7$s3bp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7552&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7552

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 11:39:33 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Tue, 2 May 2023 18:39 UTC

On 5/1/2023 12:59 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.
>
> "Your claim is in progress. At this time we're unable to locate a
> service provider. We're working on it — we'll update you soon.​"

Okay, so Asurion didn't seem to do anything or be in any hurry to do
anything other than blow me off until I contacted them. Actually they
continued to try to string me along until I pointed out that if they
were unable to provide service as indicated by their own website many of
their liability disclaimers may be invalid. That continuing to shine me
on might even be "bad faith" which can have punitive damages. Within
seconds I received a notice by email identifying the company who would
be providing service. It could just be coincidence.

After receiving the name of the service company I didn't hear anything
until this morning.  The name of the company included the last name of a
buddy of mine.  I dropped him a text to ask if they were related to him,
but I think he is out of the country right now.  I did hear from the
company this morning, and they asked me what I think is wrong.  I told
them based on the hundreds of reports of issues with this exact motor on
IR compressors, the mfg date of the compressor, and the symptoms the
motor is "bad."  The said they could come over and "check it" or they
could see if they can just get an approval for a new motor and come over
after it arrives.  I mentioned that I had already ordered a replacement
motor and if my motor arrived I was going to install it so I would not
be out of service for a week.  I'd keep which ever motor arrives second
as a spare.  They said, "No problem.  Do what you have to do.  Just keep
the motor you take off for us."  I like the attitude of the service
company.  Its been a long time since I have said that.  Unlike Asurion
the tech I spoke with was 100% open to the fact I had a clue I knew what
I was talking about. I didn't even have to mention my "bonafides."

P.S. I did also drop a message off to US Motors asking if there was any
difference between the IR J21C and their D20C which appears to have
exactly identical specs. I do not expect a response, but if I do I'll
let you know.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a
real machinist

www.avg.com

Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<41k35itgk4lrb9cj5f5lde9o9sm6v1undp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7558&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7558

From: geraldrm...@yahoo.ca (Gerry)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 02 May 2023 23:17:07 -0400
 by: Gerry - Wed, 3 May 2023 03:17 UTC

On Tue, 2 May 2023 11:39:33 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
wrote:

>On 5/1/2023 12:59 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.
>>
>> "Your claim is in progress. At this time we're unable to locate a
>> service provider. We're working on it — we'll update you soon.?"
>>

>Okay, so Asurion didn't seem to do anything or be in any hurry to do
>anything other than blow me off until I contacted them. Actually they
>continued to try to string me along until I pointed out that if they
>were unable to provide service as indicated by their own website many of
>their liability disclaimers may be invalid. That continuing to shine me
>on might even be "bad faith" which can have punitive damages. Within
>seconds I received a notice by email identifying the company who would
>be providing service. It could just be coincidence.
>
>After receiving the name of the service company I didn't hear anything
>until this morning.  The name of the company included the last name of a
>buddy of mine.  I dropped him a text to ask if they were related to him,
>but I think he is out of the country right now.  I did hear from the
>company this morning, and they asked me what I think is wrong.  I told
>them based on the hundreds of reports of issues with this exact motor on
>IR compressors, the mfg date of the compressor, and the symptoms the
>motor is "bad."  The said they could come over and "check it" or they
>could see if they can just get an approval for a new motor and come over
>after it arrives.  I mentioned that I had already ordered a replacement
>motor and if my motor arrived I was going to install it so I would not
>be out of service for a week.  I'd keep which ever motor arrives second
>as a spare.  They said, "No problem.  Do what you have to do.  Just keep
>the motor you take off for us."  I like the attitude of the service
>company.  Its been a long time since I have said that.  Unlike Asurion
>the tech I spoke with was 100% open to the fact I had a clue I knew what
>I was talking about. I didn't even have to mention my "bonafides."
>
>P.S. I did also drop a message off to US Motors asking if there was any
>difference between the IR J21C and their D20C which appears to have
>exactly identical specs. I do not expect a response, but if I do I'll
>let you know.
>

>--
>Bob La Londe
>Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a
>real machinist
I ran afoul of Asurion a number of years ago; they handled a roadside
assistance service provided by Telus. practicaly every instancewhen I
tried to get assistance took at least two hours of effort on my part
often with simultaneous calls on separate telephone lines, eventually
they flatly refused to provide any service or even discus the service
plan with me.

Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<u3eeaq$cogs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7604&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7604

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 14:35:22 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Tue, 9 May 2023 21:35 UTC

On 5/2/2023 8:17 PM, Gerry wrote:
> On Tue, 2 May 2023 11:39:33 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/1/2023 12:59 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.
>>>
>>> "Your claim is in progress. At this time we're unable to locate a
>>> service provider. We're working on it — we'll update you soon.?"
>>>

>> Okay, so Asurion didn't seem to do anything or be in any hurry to do
>> anything other than blow me off until I contacted them. Actually they
>> continued to try to string me along until I pointed out that if they
>> were unable to provide service as indicated by their own website many of
>> their liability disclaimers may be invalid. That continuing to shine me
>> on might even be "bad faith" which can have punitive damages. Within
>> seconds I received a notice by email identifying the company who would
>> be providing service. It could just be coincidence.
>>
>> After receiving the name of the service company I didn't hear anything
>> until this morning.  The name of the company included the last name of a
>> buddy of mine.  I dropped him a text to ask if they were related to him,
>> but I think he is out of the country right now.  I did hear from the
>> company this morning, and they asked me what I think is wrong.  I told
>> them based on the hundreds of reports of issues with this exact motor on
>> IR compressors, the mfg date of the compressor, and the symptoms the
>> motor is "bad."  The said they could come over and "check it" or they
>> could see if they can just get an approval for a new motor and come over
>> after it arrives.  I mentioned that I had already ordered a replacement
>> motor and if my motor arrived I was going to install it so I would not
>> be out of service for a week.  I'd keep which ever motor arrives second
>> as a spare.  They said, "No problem.  Do what you have to do.  Just keep
>> the motor you take off for us."  I like the attitude of the service
>> company.  Its been a long time since I have said that.  Unlike Asurion
>> the tech I spoke with was 100% open to the fact I had a clue I knew what
>> I was talking about. I didn't even have to mention my "bonafides."
>>
>> P.S. I did also drop a message off to US Motors asking if there was any
>> difference between the IR J21C and their D20C which appears to have
>> exactly identical specs. I do not expect a response, but if I do I'll
>> let you know.
>>

>> --
>> Bob La Londe
>> Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a
>> real machinist
> I ran afoul of Asurion a number of years ago; they handled a roadside
> assistance service provided by Telus. practicaly every instancewhen I
> tried to get assistance took at least two hours of effort on my part
> often with simultaneous calls on separate telephone lines, eventually
> they flatly refused to provide any service or even discus the service
> plan with me.

I am glad a bought another motor.  I have been expecting a call from the
service company all day to bring me the new motor Asurion owes me.  They
finally called to claim they didn't get authorization until today.  It
will be at least another week before I see them.  Other than maybe
someday having a spare motor on the shelf that may never get used there
was zero benefit to paying for this extended warranty.  If I had to go
down to old town and prostitute myself I'd have been back in service
faster than relying on these guys... and I am not that good looking.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com

Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<u3jvv2$1841l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7617&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7617

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 17:06:58 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Fri, 12 May 2023 00:06 UTC

On 5/9/2023 2:35 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> [...]
>> tried to get assistance took at least two  hours of effort on my part
>> often with simultaneous calls on separate telephone lines, eventually
>> they flatly refused to provide any service or even discus the service
>> plan with me.
>

> I am glad a bought another motor.  I have been expecting a call from the
> service company all day to bring me the new motor Asurion owes me.  They
> finally called to claim they didn't get authorization until today.  It
> will be at least another week before I see them.  Other than maybe
> someday having a spare motor on the shelf that may never get used there
> was zero benefit to paying for this extended warranty.  If I had to go
> down to old town and prostitute myself I'd have been back in service
> faster than relying on these guys... and I am not that good looking.

Re: Claim Number xxxxxxxxx

I received an email stating, "Thanks for choosing Asurion. Your repair
is complete."

MY REPAIR IS NOT COMPLETE.

The service company has called me twice, but claimed they only visit my
city once a week, and they barely got approval to replace the bad motor
on the day of their last visit two days ago. They still had not even
ordered the replacement motor. This means it will be at a minimum mid
next week before this repair has any chance of being complete.

NO WORK HAS BEEN DONE AT THIS TIME.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com

Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<nfbr5ilpsdn55g2p4uo2cecqhia24hc9ao@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7618&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7618

From: geraldrm...@yahoo.ca (Gerry)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 23:13:20 -0400
 by: Gerry - Fri, 12 May 2023 03:13 UTC

On Thu, 11 May 2023 17:06:58 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
wrote:

>On 5/9/2023 2:35 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> On 5/2/2023 8:17 PM, Gerry wrote:

>>> I ran afoul of Asurion a number of years ago; they handled a roadside
>>> assistance service provided by Telus. practicaly every instancewhen I
>>> tried to get assistance took at least two  hours of effort on my part
>>> often with simultaneous calls on separate telephone lines, eventually
>>> they flatly refused to provide any service or even discus the service
>>> plan with me.
>>

>> I am glad a bought another motor.  I have been expecting a call from the
>> service company all day to bring me the new motor Asurion owes me.  They
>> finally called to claim they didn't get authorization until today.  It
>> will be at least another week before I see them.  Other than maybe
>> someday having a spare motor on the shelf that may never get used there
>> was zero benefit to paying for this extended warranty.  If I had to go
>> down to old town and prostitute myself I'd have been back in service
>> faster than relying on these guys... and I am not that good looking.
>>

>Re: Claim Number xxxxxxxxx
>
>I received an email stating, "Thanks for choosing Asurion. Your repair
>is complete."
>
>MY REPAIR IS NOT COMPLETE.
>
>The service company has called me twice, but claimed they only visit my
>city once a week, and they barely got approval to replace the bad motor
>on the day of their last visit two days ago. They still had not even
>ordered the replacement motor. This means it will be at a minimum mid
>next week before this repair has any chance of being complete.
>
>NO WORK HAS BEEN DONE AT THIS TIME.
>

>--
>Bob La Londe
>CNC Molds N Stuff
I wonder if Assurion would cover the rental of a compressor to supply
your needs while waiting for the replacement motor, HA HA HA!

Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<u3lu7c$1p5tb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7619&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7619

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 10:49:29 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Fri, 12 May 2023 17:49 UTC

On 5/11/2023 8:13 PM, Gerry wrote:
> On Thu, 11 May 2023 17:06:58 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
> wrote:

>>> I am glad a bought another motor.  I have been expecting a call from the
>>> service company all day to bring me the new motor Asurion owes me.  They
>>> finally called to claim they didn't get authorization until today.  It
>>> will be at least another week before I see them.  Other than maybe
>>> someday having a spare motor on the shelf that may never get used there
>>> was zero benefit to paying for this extended warranty.  If I had to go
>>> down to old town and prostitute myself I'd have been back in service
>>> faster than relying on these guys... and I am not that good looking.
>>>

>> Re: Claim Number xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> I received an email stating, "Thanks for choosing Asurion. Your repair
>> is complete."
>>
>> MY REPAIR IS NOT COMPLETE.
>>
>> The service company has called me twice, but claimed they only visit my
>> city once a week, and they barely got approval to replace the bad motor
>> on the day of their last visit two days ago. They still had not even
>> ordered the replacement motor. This means it will be at a minimum mid
>> next week before this repair has any chance of being complete.
>>
>> NO WORK HAS BEEN DONE AT THIS TIME.
>>

>> --
>> Bob La Londe
>> CNC Molds N Stuff
> I wonder if Assurion would cover the rental of a compressor to supply
> your needs while waiting for the replacement motor, HA HA HA!

All they have done is convince me of the worthlessness of most extended
warranties. This is only the second time I have made a claim on a power
tool extended warranty. It appears I might at some time receive a
replacement motor. Thank goodness I didn't wait on it or I would be out
of service for a minimum of 2 plus weeks. This is the first time since
my last extended warranty (somebody else) some years back that didn't
help at all.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a
real machinist

www.avg.com

Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<u3tmjn$33l5f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7634&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7634

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 09:28:39 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Mon, 15 May 2023 16:28 UTC

On 5/12/2023 10:49 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 5/11/2023 8:13 PM, Gerry wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 May 2023 17:06:58 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
>> wrote:

>>> Re: Claim Number xxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> I received an email stating, "Thanks for choosing Asurion.  Your repair
>>> is complete."
>>>
>>> MY REPAIR IS NOT COMPLETE.
>>>
>>> The service company has called me twice, but claimed they only visit my
>>> city once a week, and they barely got approval to replace the bad motor
>>> on the day of their last visit two days ago.  They still had not even
>>> ordered the replacement motor.  This means it will be at a minimum mid
>>> next week before this repair has any chance of being complete.
>>>
>>> NO WORK HAS BEEN DONE AT THIS TIME.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Bob La Londe
>>> CNC Molds N Stuff
>> I wonder if Assurion would cover the rental of a compressor to supply
>> your needs while waiting for the replacement motor, HA HA HA!
>

> All they have done is convince me of the worthlessness of most extended
> warranties.  This is only the second time I have made a claim on a power
> tool extended warranty.  It appears I might at some time  receive a
> replacement motor.  Thank goodness I didn't wait on it or I would be out
> of service for a minimum of 2 plus weeks.  This is the first time since
> my last extended warranty (somebody else) some years back that didn't
> help at all.

Still no new motor, but after having been told my claim was complete a
few days ago they have now asked for me to review their service. I gave
them permission to publicly share my comments. LOL

As a side note I always felt the 5 star rating was biased in favor of
the reviewed company or product. In kindergarten I used to get a star
for nap time, but I actually had to be there and take a nap to get a
star. There were times I got zero stars and there should be an option
to give companies and products zero stars. Forcing us to give them a
star simply for existing it weights the results 20% in their favor.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a
real machinist

www.avg.com

Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<k7s56ilml1ogjl2qhl7m5u7ne0mc5bi7kc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7635&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7635

From: geraldrm...@yahoo.ca (Gerry)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 23:13:24 -0400
 by: Gerry - Tue, 16 May 2023 03:13 UTC

On Mon, 15 May 2023 09:28:39 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
wrote:

>On 5/12/2023 10:49 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> On 5/11/2023 8:13 PM, Gerry wrote:

>>> I wonder if Assurion would cover the rental of a compressor to supply
>>> your needs while waiting for the replacement motor, HA HA HA!
>>

>> All they have done is convince me of the worthlessness of most extended
>> warranties.  This is only the second time I have made a claim on a power
>> tool extended warranty.  It appears I might at some time  receive a
>> replacement motor.  Thank goodness I didn't wait on it or I would be out
>> of service for a minimum of 2 plus weeks.  This is the first time since
>> my last extended warranty (somebody else) some years back that didn't
>> help at all.
>>

>Still no new motor, but after having been told my claim was complete a
>few days ago they have now asked for me to review their service. I gave
>them permission to publicly share my comments. LOL
>
>As a side note I always felt the 5 star rating was biased in favor of
>the reviewed company or product. In kindergarten I used to get a star
>for nap time, but I actually had to be there and take a nap to get a
>star. There were times I got zero stars and there should be an option
>to give companies and products zero stars. Forcing us to give them a
>star simply for existing it weights the results 20% in their favor.
>

>--
>Bob La Londe
>Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a
>real machinist
Like the call I got regarding after hospital discharge follow-up care
when I had my triple by-pass. On leaving the hospital I was told to
expect my dressing to be changed twice daily; I got Mondays and
Thursdays after showering and it was strongly urged to come to their
shopping plaza clinic for new dressings (a month later I spotted a
newspaper article concerning sterility problems at said clinic and
recommending blood testing for Hepatitus/HIV screening). My tests came
back clean, thankfully!
I gave them straight "10" ratings - negative, that is!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Asurion - I guess I do not recommend this product either.

<u418h2$3khg7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7639&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#7639

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 17:52:49 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Wed, 17 May 2023 00:52 UTC

ZERO STARS...

This is a continuation of a problem getting a light industrial
compressor repaired under a service contract with Asurion. They
selected Meza's Small Engine.

MEZA'S SMALL ENGINE can join the list. Sigh.

Now at just over two weeks and they were supposed to show up today with
a new motor. They didn't show up, so at the end of the day I called
them to see if they were just running late. Nope. They weren't coming
and they knew they weren't coming this morning. The guy who answered
said their reason for coming to Yuma today canceled and he meant to call
me, but he forgot. I thought the reason he was coming to Yuma today was
to bring me a new motor for my compressor. A week ago when they didn't
show they claimed they had just that day gotten approval to order the
motor. Today I asked if they atleast had the motor. They say they do.
I was a bit peeved, but his response was basically (paraphrasing) tough.
See you next week.

That will put it at over three weeks... if they show up.

I called Asurion who told me they didn't understand as the service
company had indicated the repair was already complete. I blew a gasket.

TO BE CLEAR THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN HERE. They have never been to my shop
once. They were supposed to be here two weeks ago to check out the
compressor. They just called me to ask what the problem was. They were
supposed to be here last week, but they claimed they had only that day
gotten approval to order the new motor the compressor needs. They were
supposed to be here today. They decided for some reason not to come,
and they meant to call me this morning... but they forgot.

Asurion wants me to just be patient and wait while they see why the
company reports the service call as complete. "Be patient!" they guy
said more than once. Asurion was pretty bad, but this service company
makes them look worse.

www.avg.com