Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:02:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Meteorite' over Mexico: SpaceX rocket breaks up years after launch
From: csok...@gmail.com (StarDust)
 by: StarDust - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 06:02 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuQCueptww

Footage of a #SpaceX Falcon 9 #rocket upper stage has been captured showing it breaking up in the atmosphere over #Mexico, five years after it was launched. The footage shot over Ensenada, Mexico shows the rocket with small pieces flying off. Witnesses said they could see various parts break off from the bright main mass and separate, burning up at different rates.

Can't wait for the fireworks of the 40 Starlink sats !

Re: Meteorite' over Mexico: SpaceX rocket breaks up years after launch

<o0lf0hh36o37352r4ngc18g20a9q1t68j6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7668&group=sci.astro.amateur#7668

From: clp...@alumni.caltech.edu (Chris L Peterson)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 08:37:15 -0700
 by: Chris L Peterson - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 15:37 UTC

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:02:00 -0800 (PST), StarDust <csoka01@gmail.com>
wrote:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuQCueptww
>
>Footage of a #SpaceX Falcon 9 #rocket upper stage has been captured showing it breaking up in the atmosphere over #Mexico, five years after it was launched. The footage shot over Ensenada, Mexico shows the rocket with small pieces flying off. Witnesses said they could see various parts break off from the bright main mass and separate, burning up at different rates.
>
>Can't wait for the fireworks of the 40 Starlink sats !

They are small satellites. Much less impressive than re-entering
rocket bodies.