"Imitation is the sincerest form of television." -- The New Mighty Mouse

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

SubjectAuthor
* When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headTom Kunich
`* Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headLou Holtman
 +* Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headTom Kunich
 |`- Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headJeff Liebermann
 +- Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headTom Kunich
 +* Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headDuane
 |`* Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headslto...@gmail.com
 | `* Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headTom Kunich
 |  `- Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headTom Kunich
 `- Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my headsms

1
When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<70f88fa8-6f02-4493-afef-0b85886555d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47750&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47750

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 09:51:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 17:51 UTC

For the last two days it has been too cold for me to go out and ride even though the weather looks clear in the morning. Now today it is supposed to rain like hell despite how clear it is presently.

Damn! I just went and checked the weather channel and it says that it won't rain at all today so I'll go out heavily bundled and try to get in a fast and flat 30 miles to kick me over 4800 miles. Hopefully there will be enough good weather for the rest of the month that I could put in another 200 miles even if I have to put in two centuries.

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<8d8a246a-412c-458b-ad24-616cb7511c7fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47751&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47751

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:01:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head
From: lou.holt...@gmail.com (Lou Holtman)
 by: Lou Holtman - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 18:01 UTC

On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 6:51:16 PM UTC+1, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> For the last two days it has been too cold for me to go out and ride even though the weather looks clear in the morning. Now today it is supposed to rain like hell despite how clear it is presently.
>
> Damn! I just went and checked the weather channel and it says that it won't rain at all today so I'll go out heavily bundled and try to get in a fast and flat 30 miles to kick me over 4800 miles. Hopefully there will be enough good weather for the rest of the month that I could put in another 200 miles even if I have to put in two centuries.

When it is dry at the start just go like I did today. Forecast was some wet snow, but it was dry at the start (noon). Halfway it started to drizzle and I was waiting to get cold at which point I would return home. That didn't happen and the rain stopped so I finished my whole planned ride; 3 C, windchill -2 C. I'm getting really tough ;-) F*ck the weather apps.

Lou

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<5c7be260-ad1a-4d7f-bbf7-9806eb3fe65fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47752&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47752

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:25:06 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 18:25 UTC

On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 10:01:31 AM UTC-8, lou.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 6:51:16 PM UTC+1, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > For the last two days it has been too cold for me to go out and ride even though the weather looks clear in the morning. Now today it is supposed to rain like hell despite how clear it is presently.
> >
> > Damn! I just went and checked the weather channel and it says that it won't rain at all today so I'll go out heavily bundled and try to get in a fast and flat 30 miles to kick me over 4800 miles. Hopefully there will be enough good weather for the rest of the month that I could put in another 200 miles even if I have to put in two centuries.
> When it is dry at the start just go like I did today. Forecast was some wet snow, but it was dry at the start (noon). Halfway it started to drizzle and I was waiting to get cold at which point I would return home. That didn't happen and the rain stopped so I finished my whole planned ride; 3 C, windchill -2 C. I'm getting really tough ;-) F*ck the weather apps.

I had just gone out to breakfast and watched them showing 4" of rain today! But it is clear and bright.

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<c1g7rgphm6nnnvlan2f27nn0l526lbjmg2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47753&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47753

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 13:36:15 -0800
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 21:36 UTC

On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:25:06 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>I had just gone out to breakfast and watched them showing 4" of rain today! But it is clear and bright.

Who are "them"?

Looks like no rain today (Friday) and most of Saturday.

NWS:
<https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=San+Leandro&state=CA>
<https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w3=sfcwind&w3u=1&w5=pop&w7=rain&w14u=1&w15u=1&AheadHour=0&Submit=Submit&FcstType=graphical&textField1=37.725&textField2=-122.155&site=all&unit=0&dd=&bw=>
Rain starts Saturday evening at 10PM and continues through at least
Thurs.

Windy:
<https://www.windy.com/37.725/-122.156?37.228,-122.156,8>
Rain starts at Sunday 3AM and continues thru Tues 1PM. More rain
Thurs 1AM to 12PM.

Accuweather:
<https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/san-leandro/94577/december-weather/337231>
Rain Sunday through Tues.

Pivotal Weather:
<https://www.pivotalweather.com/maps.php?ds=wpc&p=wpc_qpf_072h_p&r=us_sw>
<https://www.pivotalweather.com/maps.php?ds=wpc&p=wpc_excessive_rainfall_day3&r=us_sw>

NOAA satellite photos (animated)
<https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G17&sector=wus&band=GEOCOLOR&length=48&dim=1>
This is past history (8 hrs), but gives a good idea of what is about
to arrive.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<4c1cad05-e504-426f-811f-643ba44f8a66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47754&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47754

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 14:46:28 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 22:46 UTC

On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 10:01:31 AM UTC-8, lou.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 6:51:16 PM UTC+1, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > For the last two days it has been too cold for me to go out and ride even though the weather looks clear in the morning. Now today it is supposed to rain like hell despite how clear it is presently.
> >
> > Damn! I just went and checked the weather channel and it says that it won't rain at all today so I'll go out heavily bundled and try to get in a fast and flat 30 miles to kick me over 4800 miles. Hopefully there will be enough good weather for the rest of the month that I could put in another 200 miles even if I have to put in two centuries.
> When it is dry at the start just go like I did today. Forecast was some wet snow, but it was dry at the start (noon). Halfway it started to drizzle and I was waiting to get cold at which point I would return home. That didn't happen and the rain stopped so I finished my whole planned ride; 3 C, windchill -2 C. I'm getting really tough ;-) F*ck the weather apps.
>
> Lou
I went out and did 31 miles so that now I'm at 4800 miles.

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<sp29mn$qrj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47757&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47757

From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Duane)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 13:39:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:BOL+qcEzLcbdjwsu3acbIMe2ruw=
 by: Duane - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 13:39 UTC

Lou Holtman <lou.holtman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 6:51:16 PM UTC+1, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> For the last two days it has been too cold for me to go out and ride
>> even though the weather looks clear in the morning. Now today it is
>> supposed to rain like hell despite how clear it is presently.
>>
>> Damn! I just went and checked the weather channel and it says that it
>> won't rain at all today so I'll go out heavily bundled and try to get in
>> a fast and flat 30 miles to kick me over 4800 miles. Hopefully there
>> will be enough good weather for the rest of the month that I could put
>> in another 200 miles even if I have to put in two centuries.
>
> When it is dry at the start just go like I did today. Forecast was some
> wet snow, but it was dry at the start (noon). Halfway it started to
> drizzle and I was waiting to get cold at which point I would return home.
> That didn't happen and the rain stopped so I finished my whole planned
> ride; 3 C, windchill -2 C. I'm getting really tough ;-) F*ck the weather apps.
>
> Lou

+1

The prediction models they use don’t work any more.

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<7750e784-0c73-4bbb-9993-7af250f012cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47758&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47758

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 07:21:33 -0800 (PST)
From: sltom...@gmail.com (slto...@gmail.com)
 by: slto...@gmail.com - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 15:21 UTC

On Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 5:39:38 AM UTC-8, Duane wrote:
> Lou Holtman <lou.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 6:51:16 PM UTC+1, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> For the last two days it has been too cold for me to go out and ride
> >> even though the weather looks clear in the morning. Now today it is
> >> supposed to rain like hell despite how clear it is presently.
> >>
> >> Damn! I just went and checked the weather channel and it says that it
> >> won't rain at all today so I'll go out heavily bundled and try to get in
> >> a fast and flat 30 miles to kick me over 4800 miles. Hopefully there
> >> will be enough good weather for the rest of the month that I could put
> >> in another 200 miles even if I have to put in two centuries.
> >
> > When it is dry at the start just go like I did today. Forecast was some
> > wet snow, but it was dry at the start (noon). Halfway it started to
> > drizzle and I was waiting to get cold at which point I would return home.
> > That didn't happen and the rain stopped so I finished my whole planned
> > ride; 3 C, windchill -2 C. I'm getting really tough ;-) F*ck the weather apps.
> >
> > Lou
> >
> +1
>
> The prediction models they use don’t work any more.

Well, this morning they predicted only 2" of rain when since Sunday they've been predicting over 4. They predicted 2-4 feet of snow at the Tahoe summit and they've already had 95". They will now make ANY predictions to "prove" their fake climate change predictions all of which are only 5 years in the future. This morning they even blamed that Tornado back east on climate change. As if there were never any Tornadoes or Ruby Slippers before.

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<748e01ae-0943-4bc9-93a6-ba96fee4915bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47786&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47786

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 09:56:43 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 17:56 UTC

On Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 7:21:35 AM UTC-8, slto...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 5:39:38 AM UTC-8, Duane wrote:
> > Lou Holtman <lou.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > When it is dry at the start just go like I did today. Forecast was some
> > > wet snow, but it was dry at the start (noon). Halfway it started to
> > > drizzle and I was waiting to get cold at which point I would return home.
> > > That didn't happen and the rain stopped so I finished my whole planned
> > > ride; 3 C, windchill -2 C. I'm getting really tough ;-) F*ck the weather apps.
> > >
> > > Lou
> > >
> > +1
> >
> > The prediction models they use don’t work any more.
> Well, this morning they predicted only 2" of rain when since Sunday they've been predicting over 4. They predicted 2-4 feet of snow at the Tahoe summit and they've already had 95". They will now make ANY predictions to "prove" their fake climate change predictions all of which are only 5 years in the future. This morning they even blamed that Tornado back east on climate change. As if there were never any Tornadoes or Ruby Slippers before.

Good lord, that demented fool Biden blamed that Kentucky tornado on "climate change". Back in the 20's I think it was they had 4 category 4 tornadoes in the same day. Do you suppose that was from too many cars on the roads?

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<9eca8cef-d174-41a8-aab1-d94727cf0962n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47843&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47843

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 09:41:35 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 17:41 UTC

On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 9:56:45 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 7:21:35 AM UTC-8, slto...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > +1
> > >
> > > The prediction models they use don’t work any more.
> > Well, this morning they predicted only 2" of rain when since Sunday they've been predicting over 4. They predicted 2-4 feet of snow at the Tahoe summit and they've already had 95". They will now make ANY predictions to "prove" their fake climate change predictions all of which are only 5 years in the future. This morning they even blamed that Tornado back east on climate change. As if there were never any Tornadoes or Ruby Slippers before.
> Good lord, that demented fool Biden blamed that Kentucky tornado on "climate change". Back in the 20's I think it was they had 4 category 4 tornadoes in the same day. Do you suppose that was from too many cars on the roads?

Today we had constant rain and more coming. The temperature is going to be a high of 52 today with the moderating influence of the ocean. I guess like Biden says, this is all due to global warming. Oh, wait, now they call it climate change because NONE of their global warming targets were ever achieved. People stopped being afraid so now any climate variation is due to man-made climate change.

Re: When the Rain Comes I run and hide my head

<tuktkm$34ltk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=77382&group=rec.bicycles.tech#77382

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 09:12:07 -0700
 by: sms - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 16:12 UTC

On 12/10/2021 10:01 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:
> On Friday, December 10, 2021 at 6:51:16 PM UTC+1, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> For the last two days it has been too cold for me to go out and ride even though the weather looks clear in the morning. Now today it is supposed to rain like hell despite how clear it is presently.
>>
>> Damn! I just went and checked the weather channel and it says that it won't rain at all today so I'll go out heavily bundled and try to get in a fast and flat 30 miles to kick me over 4800 miles. Hopefully there will be enough good weather for the rest of the month that I could put in another 200 miles even if I have to put in two centuries.
>
> When it is dry at the start just go like I did today. Forecast was some wet snow, but it was dry at the start (noon). Halfway it started to drizzle and I was waiting to get cold at which point I would return home. That didn't happen and the rain stopped so I finished my whole planned ride; 3 C, windchill -2 C. I'm getting really tough ;-) F*ck the weather apps.

I went out for a 35 mile ride yesterday. Got rained on a little but it
was not a deluge like we've had for past couple of weeks. Unfortunately,
because of the high water in the creeks, the county had gated off a
freeway underpass on the MUP I was on
<https://www.stevenscreektrail.org/sct_tour/photo/DCP04383t.jpg> so it
was a detour of several miles to another route. There were quite a few
people out on bicycles, but fewer than I expected given that this was
the first day in a couple of weeks where it was not heavy rain.