The bigger the theory the better.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: The US Dollar and buying bikes

SubjectAuthor
* The US Dollar and buying bikesTom Kunich
+- Re: The US Dollar and buying bikesJohn B.
+* Re: The US Dollar and buying bikesJeff Liebermann
|`- Re: The US Dollar and buying bikessms
`- Re: The US Dollar and buying bikesfunkma...@hotmail.com

1
The US Dollar and buying bikes

<4942d423-4795-4714-b167-c797a0783b05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=77498&group=rec.bicycles.tech#77498

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 13:32:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The US Dollar and buying bikes
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 20:32 UTC

Remember when the stupid 5 insisted that Janet Yellen was FAR too important to argue with me about causes of inflation?

Well, now she has admitted she was wrong. And all of her policies at the Fed, and then as Secretary of the Treasury has brought the US to the edge of economic collapse.

Don't you understand why the cost of cars are coming down and the cost of bikes is skyrocketing?

While this may not be directly under the category of bicycles.tech, if you can no longer buy a decent bike due to the super inflation of the US dollar it becomes a lot more directly related than at first sight.

Re: The US Dollar and buying bikes

<gmu11id0f26fojqu3ju8bdmui94u3i2mkl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=77509&group=rec.bicycles.tech#77509

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: The US Dollar and buying bikes
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 06:13:14 +0700
 by: John B. - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 23:13 UTC

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 13:32:08 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>Remember when the stupid 5 insisted that Janet Yellen was FAR too important to argue with me about causes of inflation?
>
>Well, now she has admitted she was wrong. And all of her policies at the Fed, and then as Secretary of the Treasury has brought the US to the edge of economic collapse.
>
>Don't you understand why the cost of cars are coming down and the cost of bikes is skyrocketing?>
>While this may not be directly under the category of bicycles.tech, if you can no longer buy a decent bike due to the super inflation of the US dollar it becomes a lot more directly related than at first sight.

But Tommy, just a day, or so, ago you were telling us about all the
money you have. Your house was worth $888,000 was it? and today you
can't afford a bicycle?

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: The US Dollar and buying bikes

<4d221itls96da1fv0omj337ql2jnrksnm7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=77512&group=rec.bicycles.tech#77512

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 17:11:25 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 00:11 UTC

<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>While this may not be directly under the category of bicycles.tech,
>if you can no longer buy a decent bike due to the super inflation
>of the US dollar it becomes a lot more directly related than at
>first sight.

At first sight, it appears that you're trying to start a political
thread that has nothing to do with bicycle tech. Upon a 2nd look,
nothing has changed.

According to your own words, you are "worth" millions. So, why is it
that you can't yet another bicycle? You already have 11 (by my count)
including those in transit and under construction. Ask your financial
advisor for some advice on how much of your "worth" can be spent on
bicycles.

12/25/2022
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/njA7DYpUtww/m/uTnjTb6DAwAJ>
"I'm worth nearly two million now and can live almost entirely on my
social security. Can you? Even with my expensive bicycle hobby I own
less than $1,600 TOTAL. And I knocked my bank account down to just
enough to cover emergencies since the Democrats are now attacking
banks which will drive them into bankruptcy."

01/20/2023
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/85qODEJbdFE/m/uHojwq_tAQAJ>
"If I had not needed to cash in my stock option to gain cancer
treatments for my mother and then getting a divorce, I would easily
have been a multimillionaire. Instead I am only worth about a million
and a half due to Biden's latest market recession."

03/05/2023
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/JG80Gv6eFz4/m/I5iXXkCRAgAJ>
"Lou, I am worth a million and 3/4 dollars. Exactly what are you
worth?"

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: The US Dollar and buying bikes

<135c1a90-a484-4662-a437-7b0dde890ed2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=77542&group=rec.bicycles.tech#77542

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 09:27:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 16:27 UTC

On Tuesday, March 14, 2023 at 4:32:12 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
> Remember when the stupid 5 insisted that Janet Yellen was FAR too important to argue with me about causes of inflation?

She is. You never had any interaction with Janet Yellin at all, let alone any sort of discussion on the economy.

> Well, now she has admitted she was wrong. And all of her policies at the Fed, and then as Secretary of the Treasury has brought the US to the edge of economic collapse.

You say that about every democratic administration. Then it seems miraculously the economy becomes instantly superstable the best economy in world history the moment we get a republican president.

> Don't you understand why the cost of cars are coming down and the cost of bikes is skyrocketing?

Yes, do you?

> While this may not be directly under the category of bicycles.tech, if you can no longer buy a decent bike due to the super inflation of the US dollar it becomes a lot more directly related than at first sight.

Re: The US Dollar and buying bikes

<tutaei$11p9k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=77551&group=rec.bicycles.tech#77551

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:39:41 -0700
 by: sms - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 20:39 UTC

On 3/14/2023 5:11 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 13:32:08 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While this may not be directly under the category of bicycles.tech,
>> if you can no longer buy a decent bike due to the super inflation
>> of the US dollar it becomes a lot more directly related than at
>> first sight.
>
> At first sight, it appears that you're trying to start a political
> thread that has nothing to do with bicycle tech. Upon a 2nd look,
> nothing has changed.
>
> According to your own words, you are "worth" millions. So, why is it
> that you can't yet another bicycle? You already have 11 (by my count)
> including those in transit and under construction. Ask your financial
> advisor for some advice on how much of your "worth" can be spent on
> bicycles.

The strong dollar should have resulted in lower prices for foreign goods
like bicycles. Instead, the bicycle manufacturers are raising prices. I
get the Bicycle Retailer magazine and imports are way down now that the
bicycle shortage is over
<https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2023/02/14/state-retail#.ZBH9cHbML-g>.
Some retailers are sacrificing margins in order to move inventory but
some were cautious to not order too much.