From: casagian...@optimum.net
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Retirement Savings Program
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:01:01 -0400
 by: casagian...@optimum.net - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:01 UTC

Imagine you're starting a working career, and want to contribute
monthly to an interest earning account, to cover your retirement.

See : https://postimg.cc/DJVrKFfQ

Inflation is assumed at one rate and you want to inflate your
contributions at another rate. This makes 3 rates : earnings,
inflation, and contributions inflation.

Further, you want an annual provision at some figure in today's
dollars. You estimate years of savings and years of retirement.
You also have a lump sum to add at the start.

Given these 7 parameters, a clever program will compute : initial
monthly payment, final monthly payment, final monthly payment in
today's dollars, account value at retirement, initial annual provision
at retirement, and final annual provision.

7 inputs and 6 outputs. Very sobering !

Written in Visual Basic 6 using simultaneous differential equation
conditions.

Email casagiannoni@optonline.net for the finished Windows program
executable.

Re: Retirement Savings Program

<sinsr8$bt8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=77565&group=sci.math#77565

From: inva...@invalid.com (Serg io)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: Retirement Savings Program
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:21:11 -0500
 by: Serg io - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:21 UTC

On 9/25/2021 2:01 PM, casagiannoni@optimum.net wrote:
> Imagine you're starting a working career, and want to contribute
> monthly to an interest earning account, to cover your retirement.
>
> See : https://postimg.cc/DJVrKFfQ
>
> Inflation is assumed at one rate and you want to inflate your
> contributions at another rate. This makes 3 rates : earnings,
> inflation, and contributions inflation.
>
> Further, you want an annual provision at some figure in today's
> dollars. You estimate years of savings and years of retirement.
> You also have a lump sum to add at the start.
>
> Given these 7 parameters, a clever program will compute : initial
> monthly payment, final monthly payment, final monthly payment in
> today's dollars, account value at retirement, initial annual provision
> at retirement, and final annual provision.
>
> 7 inputs and 6 outputs. Very sobering !
>
> Written in Visual Basic 6 using simultaneous differential equation
> conditions.
>
> Email casagiannoni@optonline.net for the finished Windows program
> executable.

DE's ?? Why ?
just uses the standard formulas, more accurate

Re: Retirement Savings Program

<e21vkg1e7dpqdngduo3ladh5qe1ng88j2q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=77580&group=sci.math#77580

From: casagian...@optimum.net
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:24:55 -0400
 by: casagian...@optimum.net - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:24 UTC

>DE's ?? Why ?
>just uses the standard formulas, more accurate

OK, DE might not be the best characterization. I tend to think of many
things as DEs.

Here's my analysis / characterization :

Interest Rate ( % ) = R1 , R2 = R1/100
Inflation Rate ( % ) = I1 , I2 = I1/100
Payment Inflation Rate ( % ) = S1 , S2 = S1/100
Starting Lump Sum ( $ ) = Q
Annual Retirement Provision ( Today's $ ) = P
Time of Savings ( years ) = T1
Time of Retirement ( years ) = T2

If R = I then
Else

End If

If R = S and E1 = E2 then

Else

End If

Initial Monthly Payment = D/12
Final Monthly Payment = ( D x E2 )/12
F. M. P. ( Today's $ ) = ( D x E2 )/( 12 x E3 )
Savings at Retirement = F2 + D/F3
Initial Annual Provision = P x E3
Final Annual Provision = P x E3 x E4

Re: Retirement Savings Program