From: bs1...@aolspam.net (Bill Saunders)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: reports on my baby
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:52:13 -0500
 by: Bill Saunders - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 17:52 UTC

Back on Aug 20 of 2020, I ordered one of these (as I reported here):

https://www.obsessiontelescopes.com/telescopes/25/index.php

After eight months, it arrived. I had hoped to give some updates, but
life has a way of sometimes changing suddenly. I lost my job due to the
pandemic and got divorced. The ex took about half of everything I had.
The financial strain, between the job loss and the divorce, was
significant enough that I had to sell my baby just six months after
arrival.

During the short time I had the scope, I saw the universe like never
before. The largest scope I had before that was a C9.25 and there is no
comparison really between that one and "the baby." I think the greatest
difference I noted was greatly increased detail in galaxies, not just
the faint fuzzies I had been used to. M101 and especially M83 were
spectacular, not to mention breathtaking M31! As for nebulae, M42
showed so much detail that I could hardly believe it and the horsehead
could be faintly seen on some nights. Never saw the latter visually
before "the baby." It was sure a pleasure to see many more NGC and IC
objects than I ever could prior. And there was detail in many of them.

The planets were a real treat. The amount of Jupiter detail was amazing
during periods of steady seeing. Got a glimpse of Mars and Venus a few
times and they were impressive as well. I felt like I was standing on
the moon it looked so outstanding.

I could go on and on, but those were of the amazing visual wonders
during the short time I had "the baby." A chance like that will never
come again, so I appreciated what I had while I had it with memories
never to be forgotten.

Bill

Re: reports on my baby

<svvtga$132i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7806&group=sci.astro.amateur#7806

From: burynulP...@ppllaanneett.nnll (fred k. engels®)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: reports on my baby
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 06:52:57 -0800
 by: fred k. engels® - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 14:52 UTC

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
The Chicom have just launched another massive number of spy satellites into
orbit!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EoAHdwGBvU