Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly. -- Henry Spencer

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Superior journalism

SubjectAuthor
* Superior journalismAndre Jute
+- Re: Superior journalismfunkma...@hotmail.com
`- Re: Superior journalismAMuzi

1
Superior journalism

<ce7f256b-eec7-4c2d-a84a-f4678c95b0dcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=78327&group=rec.bicycles.tech#78327

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 18:10:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Superior journalism
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 01:10 UTC

Back in the day, on Sundays when I was in New York, I'd fly my friend Barry, a Rhythm & Blues scout for the record companies, all over the South, attending as many church services in what were then called "Negro Churches" (who the hell knows what the approved name is this week). We were often lost (not in the air: both my company jet and my "personal" prop plane, also paid for by the company, were fitted up with every conceivable and some ridiculous navigation aid) as we searched for some obscure church or small town in a borrowed or sometimes rented car (one of my clients was in the car-rental business and was always happy to listen to suggestions of where he should put rental points). I remember stopping at the gas station in the photo topping the linked article to ask directions, which were given, crisp and very efficient at delivering us on time for the service, and inviting myself to a walk around, because the architecture was so striking. Half a century later I finally learn the name of the man and the woman who ran the gas station and gave use great directions -- from the linked article. Besides my small personal connection, this is great journalism.

A Lincoln Highway Icon Dies by Salena Zito
https://townhall.com/columnists/salenazito/2023/03/28/a-lincoln-highway-icon-dies-n2621186

Andre Jute
Enjoy!

Re: Superior journalism

<b68c0b65-feaf-4a16-b5f2-374f48408412n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=78332&group=rec.bicycles.tech#78332

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 02:24:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Superior journalism
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 09:24 UTC

On Tuesday, March 28, 2023 at 9:10:34 PM UTC-4, a total douche wrote:
> Back in the day, on Sundays when I was in New York, I'd fly my friend Barry, a Rhythm & Blues scout for the record companies, all over the South, attending as many church services in what were then called "Negro Churches" (who the hell knows what the approved name is this week). We were often lost (not in the air: both my company jet and my "personal" prop plane, also paid for by the company, were fitted up with every conceivable and some ridiculous navigation aid) as we searched for some obscure church or small town in a borrowed or sometimes rented car (one of my clients was in the car-rental business and was always happy to listen to suggestions of where he should put rental points). I remember stopping at the gas station in the photo topping the linked article to ask directions, which were given, crisp and very efficient at delivering us on time for the service, and inviting myself to a walk around, because the architecture was so striking. Half a century later I finally learn the name of the man and the woman who ran the gas station and gave use great directions -- from the linked article. Besides my small personal connection, this is great journalism.
>
> A Lincoln Highway Icon Dies by Salena Zito
> https://townhall.com/columnists/salenazito/2023/03/28/a-lincoln-highway-icon-dies-n2621186

Our ignorant arrogant little fake-irish troll spins yet another tall tale. Here, andre/dakota/andrew (who the hell knows what they call themself (and yes, that's singular) this week) would us believe he flew a plane with the best navigation instruments known to man "all over the south" and yet somehow ended up driving north of the Mason-Dixon line - that would be a fuck-up of kunich proportions.

Re: Superior journalism

<u01am6$9g57$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=78336&group=rec.bicycles.tech#78336

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 07:24:40 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:24 UTC

On 3/28/2023 8:10 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
> Back in the day, on Sundays when I was in New York, I'd fly my friend Barry, a Rhythm & Blues scout for the record companies, all over the South, attending as many church services in what were then called "Negro Churches" (who the hell knows what the approved name is this week). We were often lost (not in the air: both my company jet and my "personal" prop plane, also paid for by the company, were fitted up with every conceivable and some ridiculous navigation aid) as we searched for some obscure church or small town in a borrowed or sometimes rented car (one of my clients was in the car-rental business and was always happy to listen to suggestions of where he should put rental points). I remember stopping at the gas station in the photo topping the linked article to ask directions, which were given, crisp and very efficient at delivering us on time for the service, and inviting myself to a walk around, because the architecture was so striking. Half a century later I finally learn
the name of the man and the woman who ran the gas station and gave use great directions -- from the linked article. Besides my small personal connection, this is great journalism.

> A Lincoln Highway Icon Dies by Salena Zito
> https://townhall.com/columnists/salenazito/2023/03/28/a-lincoln-highway-icon-dies-n2621186
>
> Andre Jute
> Enjoy!

NY Sun carried that story yesterday as well.
https://www.nysun.com/article/an-icon-of-americana-dies-on-the-lincoln-highway

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>