Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 18:44:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Relocated my long-time Astronomy Observers' Website (with mirror)
From: 8hhag...@gmail.com (Stephen Waldee)
 by: Stephen Waldee - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 01:44 UTC

Hi~

There are a bunch of *twenty to thirty* year old posts on this group with my ANTIQUE, abandoned URLs. Thought it might be time to mention my NEW ones!

I have rebuilt our websites for amateur observers, in conjunction with my wife Regina Roper, at two different URLs (at present):

http://reginacelestial.byethost3.com
or
http://celestialregina.x10.mx

The HUGE site, with hundreds of articles and features, and many other resources, is now called "Enjoy the Night Sky with Regina" (ahem...not to mention Yours Truly.)

We have a database of our astronomical object reports (hyperlinked); many articles and reviews of gear; some free (but antique) software that I wrote in collaboration with Ron Wood, for DOS ("Eyepiece 2.0", a telescope and filter usage simulator that, with luck and a bit of fiddling, will run in some versions of Windows); a special segment on the history of the Horsehead nebula with earliest discovery info and first published photos; a section for kids and families getting into astronomy; a blog of observing events; and a list of editorial commentaries and essays dating back about 12 to 15 years.

There is also a long segment on the use of nebular filters; information on my visual discovery of 2007 (the 4 Cygni nebula), in conjuction with amateur astrophotographer Al Howard, who did the confirmation photo, and a series called "Faint Fuzzies - Near City Skies" that relates information, history, and suggestions for observing over 150 'challenge' objects.

Hope to see you!

Best wishes,
Steve Waldee & Regina Roper