This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough hunchbacks.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: The expanding circle of light

SubjectAuthor
* The expanding circle of lightkellehe...@gmail.com
`- Re: The expanding circle of lightkellehe...@gmail.com

1
The expanding circle of light

<3a1b8dd9-1eda-47ab-9dbd-d336059af656n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7871&group=sci.astro.amateur#7871

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 10:00:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The expanding circle of light
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 17:00 UTC

Our planet has two distinct surface rotations to the Sun just as other planets have. It is quite visible with Uranus where the faster daily rotation runs South to North while the slower surface rotation as a function of the planet's orbital motion turns East to West (About 50 seconds into the time lapse) -

https://hubblesite.org/contents/media/videos/1999/11/175-Video.html?news=true

Our North pole is currently turning into the light hemisphere of the Earth and will continue through that hemisphere until the September Equinox. It is why there is only one sunrise on the March Equinox each year at the North pole as a place where the Earth's daily rotational velocity is zero.

The entire surface of the Earth turns once to the Sun each year when daily rotation and all its effects are subtracted and it is this which is more demonstrable on the Equinox.

From now on, the circumference where the Sun remains in view, with the North pole at its centre, will expand until it reaches its maximum circumference on the June Solstice, this area is called the Arctic circle.

At the South pole, this event happens on the September Equinox when the Sun comes into view for the first time in 6 months-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPshCulaJHU

Every 6 months the same old tired tilting/tilted Earth is rolled out in the media due to the lack of consideration which satellite or magnification instrumentation now provide. It is better off not explaining the Equinox at all in that case without proper consideration.

Re: The expanding circle of light

<e480ee2c-091c-41b4-ba02-98d3bfe1c684n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=7887&group=sci.astro.amateur#7887

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 04:41:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The expanding circle of light
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:41 UTC

Coupled with the expanding circle of light with the North pole at its centre is the expanding circle of darkness which begins with polar twilight at the South pole-

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spwebcam.cfm

The ritual has been going on for many millions of years as long as the Earth has been rotating and orbiting our parent star. It is so magnificent that only those with the most expansive and vibrant perspective can enjoy the spectacle made possible by a remote $50 webcam at the polar latitude.