"And remember: Evil will always prevail, because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

SubjectAuthor
* Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthroughMaciej Wozniak
+- Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthroughmitchr...@gmail.com
`- Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthroughFraga Kent

1
Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

<adcfb98e-b05f-4680-b6be-6b52e7767b74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=79444&group=sci.physics.relativity#79444

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 03:12:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:12 UTC

Poincare, 1905
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/37157/37157-pdf.pdf
"Most mathematicians regard Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity. Some of them have, however, gone further. If several geometries are possible, they say, is it certain that
our geometry is the one that is true? Experiment no
doubt teaches us that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two right angles, but this is because the
triangles we deal with are too small. "

It's 1905, and nobody has noticed what an incredible
triumph NEG was. "Most mathematicians regard
Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity"...
Nothing about spherical triangles falsifying shabby
Euclid. Oppositely - "Experiment no doubt teaches us
that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two
right angles". Poincare, 1905.

What has changed so dramatically during the last 100
years? Simple. Giant Guru has announced Euclid was
wrong. The history had to be rewritten to show how
unreliable, unworthy, unable to deal with the most
obvious problems we have Euclid geometry always was.
It had to be rewritten, and it was rewritten. Well done.

Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

<720fcc03-4004-46f8-92b5-56c4568c55a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=79495&group=sci.physics.relativity#79495

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:53:20 -0800 (PST)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 19:53 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 3:12:21 AM UTC-8, maluw...@gmail.com wrote:
> Poincare, 1905
> https://www.gutenberg.org/files/37157/37157-pdf.pdf
> "Most mathematicians regard Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity. Some of them have, however, gone further. If several geometries are possible, they say, is it certain that
> our geometry is the one that is true? Experiment no
> doubt teaches us that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two right angles, but this is because the
> triangles we deal with are too small. "
>

> It's 1905, and nobody has noticed what an incredible
> triumph NEG was. "Most mathematicians regard
> Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity"...
> Nothing about spherical triangles falsifying shabby
> Euclid. Oppositely - "Experiment no doubt teaches us
> that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two
> right angles". Poincare, 1905.
>
> What has changed so dramatically during the last 100
> years? Simple. Giant Guru has announced Euclid was
> wrong. The history had to be rewritten to show how
> unreliable, unworthy, unable to deal with the most
> obvious problems we have Euclid geometry always was.
> It had to be rewritten, and it was rewritten. Well done.

Einstein's gravity field has round and center geometry.
Only motions can be parabolic...

The universe is flat.

Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

<ssv1s8$qvm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=79507&group=sci.physics.relativity#79507

From: itu...@nnew.ca (Fraga Kent)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 21:12:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Fraga Kent - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 21:12 UTC

Maciej Wozniak wrote:

> It's 1905, and nobody has noticed what an incredible triumph NEG was.
> "Most mathematicians regard Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical
> curiosity"...

you remind me about a capitalist australian prime-minister

"look_into_your_family*,
*maybe_someone_on_dialysis_or_cancer*,
*has_to_take_the_vaccine.*