From: clp...@alumni.caltech.edu (Chris L Peterson)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: Astronomer takes 200 2 minute exposures, 1/3 ruined by satellite streaks
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 21:10:00 -0600
 by: Chris L Peterson - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 03:10 UTC

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 17:29:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
wrote:

>A ham radio friend of mine was speaking to the guy (I'm not a radio person) and was told this by an observer who does a lot of imaging from his observatory. So if you thought you could get away with much shorter exposures and less work for an image than in the film days, that was also when satellites numbered in the hundreds and not thousands.

Then the imager was profoundly incompetent, because satellites NEVER
ruin subexposures. Every subexposure will always contain unusable
pixels- airplanes, satellites, cosmic ray hits. And it doesn't matter
in the least, because those all disappear once the images are stacked.
With no manual intervention at all.

Re: Astronomer takes 200 2 minute exposures, 1/3 ruined by satellite streaks

<t3pfpm$6m4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8063&group=sci.astro.amateur#8063

From: burynulP...@ppllaanneett.nnll (fred k. engels®)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:27:17 -0700
 by: fred k. engels® - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 17:27 UTC

This ham radio person is known to be a cheap-ass prick cocksucker shithead®
who jerks off uncontrollably over pretty picture astro photography
horseshit® imaging from his observatory!!!!!!