C:\> WIN Bad command or filename C:\> LOSE Loading Microsoft Windows ...

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead Physics

SubjectAuthor
* Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead PhysicsPentcho Valev
+- Re: Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead PhysicsVendle Dower
`* Re: Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead PhysicsPentcho Valev
 `- Re: Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead PhysicsVendle Dower

1
Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead Physics

<e4e954b9-9caf-4681-b9bc-59e03757fe35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=80801&group=sci.physics.relativity#80801

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 05:30:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead Physics
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 13:30 UTC

Peter Woit: "...as seems increasingly all too possible, we're now at an endpoint of fundamental physics..." http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9444

Sabine Hossenfelder: "Looks like Chris Anderson was right when he proclaimed the end of theory." https://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=11961

Peter Woit: "There's a very real danger...that we will in our lifetimes see the end of fundamental physics as a human endeavor" http://math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=8392

Peter Woit: "Fundamental physical theory may now be over, replaced with a pseudo-science, but at least that means that things in this subject can't get any worse." https://math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=12604

Sabine Hossenfelder (Bee): "The criticism you raise that there are lots of speculative models that have no known relevance for the description of nature has very little to do with string theory but is a general disease of the research area. Lots of theorists produce lots of models that have no chance of ever being tested or ruled out because that's how they earn a living. The smaller the probability of the model being ruled out in their lifetime, the better. It's basic economics. Survival of the 'fittest' resulting in the natural selection of invincible models that can forever be amended." http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9375

Ethan Siegel: "Scientific Theories Never Die, Not Unless Scientists Choose To Let Them. When it comes to science, we like to think that we formulate hypotheses, test them, throw away the ones that fail to match, and continue testing the successful one until only the best ideas are left. But the truth is a lot muddier than that. The actual process of science involves tweaking your initial hypothesis over and over, trying to pull it in line with what we already know. [...] By the addition of enough extra free parameters, caveats, behaviors, or modifications to your theory, you can literally salvage any idea. As long as you're willing to tweak what you've come up with sufficiently, you can never rule anything out." https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/11/16/scientific-theories-never-die-not-unless-scientists-choose-to-let-them/

Peter Woit: "As far as this stuff goes, we're now not only at John Horgan's "End of Science", but gone past it already and deep into something different." http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=7266

Neil Turok: "The extensions of the standard model, like grand unified theories, they were supposed to simplify it. But in fact they made it more complicated. The number of parameters in the standard model is about 18. The number in grand unified theories is typically 100. In super-symmetric theories, the minimum is 120. And as you may have heard, string theory seems to predict 10 to the power of 1,000 different possible laws of physics. It’s called the multiverse. It’s the ultimate catastrophe: that theoretical physics has led to this crazy situation where the physicists are utterly confused and seem not to have any predictions at all." https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/perimeter-institute-and-the-crisis-in-modern-physics/

Nowadays the death of physics is so obvious that it has even entered popular culture:

Leonard: "I know I said physics is dead, but it is the opposite of dead. If anything, it is undead, like a zombie." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNP9KOEdh0

The texts below imply that, if the speed of light is variable (it is!), physics has been long dead. The so called fundamental physics is actually a pernicious but lucrative ideology. But dead physics means dying civilization. Are you killing the civilization, theoretical physicists?

"He opened by explaining how Einstein's theory of relativity is the foundation of every other theory in modern physics and that the assumption that the speed of light is constant is the foundation of that theory. Thus a constant speed of light is embedded in all of modern physics and to propose a varying speed of light (VSL) is worse than swearing! It is like proposing a language without vowels." http://www.thegreatdebate.org.uk/VSLRevPrnt.html

"If there's one thing every schoolboy knows about Einstein and his theory of relativity, it is that the speed of light in vacuum is constant. No matter what the circumstances, light in vacuum travels at the same speed... The speed of light is the very keystone of physics, the seemingly sure foundation upon which every modern cosmological theory is built, the yardstick by which everything in the universe is measured. [...] The only aspect of the universe that didn't change was the speed of light. And ever since, the constancy of the speed of light has been woven into the very fabric of physics, into the way physics equations are written, even into the notation used. Nowadays, to "vary" the speed of light is not even a swear word: It is simply not present in the vocabulary of physics." https://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Speed-Light-Speculation/dp/0738205257

"The whole of physics is predicated on the constancy of the speed of light," Joao Magueijo, a cosmologist at Imperial College London and pioneer of the theory of variable light speed, told Motherboard. "So we had to find ways to change the speed of light without wrecking the whole thing too much." https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8q87gk/light-speed-slowed

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead Physics

<stk24t$1v9p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=80835&group=sci.physics.relativity#80835

From: uon...@nnvcme.re (Vendle Dower)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead Physics
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 20:26:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Vendle Dower - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 20:26 UTC

Pentcho Valev wrote:

> Peter Woit: "...as seems increasingly all too possible, we're now at an
> endpoint of fundamental physics..."
> http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9444

yes, sure, but in capitalism

YOU CANNOT TRUST THESE HOSPITALS - THEY ARE KILLING PEOPLE
https://www.brighteon.com/c827bb83-95e5-4f9d-a86e-0c7e3a396d54

Re: Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead Physics

<f15d46df-daeb-4a14-87ee-b11b1a69d47bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=80839&group=sci.physics.relativity#80839

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 13:01:21 -0800 (PST)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 21:01 UTC

The most recent (today's) confession:

Sabine Hossenfelder: "At this point "predictions" for new phenomena in the foundations of physics have become complete worthless. These so-called "predictions" are just guesses wrapped in math." https://twitter.com/skdh/status/1489493685331013632

Physics without predictions is...dead, isn't it? Still it is lucrative for high priests in the Einstein cult:

"Jim Al-Khalili on a £2m mission to reveal secrets of time" https://thetimes.co.uk/article/scientists-ready-to-tackle-the-nature-of-time-in-2-1m-project-cv69ssxpg

The hymn of the champions:

Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Lisa Randall, Brian Greene: "Light travels at the same speed no matter how you look at it. No matter how I move relative to you light travels at the same speed. No matter who is doing the measurement and no matter what direction you are moving the speed of light is the same. The speed of light is the same no matter what direction or how fast... As you travel faster time slows down. Everything slows down. Everything slows down. Time slows down when you move. Time passes at a different rate. Clocks run slow. It's a monumental shift in how we see the world. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautifully elegant theory. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautiful piece..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuxFXHircaI

More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Mainstream Physicists Hint at Dead Physics

<stkeh4$jqd$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=80874&group=sci.physics.relativity#80874

From: uon...@nnvcme.re (Vendle Dower)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 23:57:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Vendle Dower - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 23:57 UTC

Pentcho Valev wrote:

> Sabine Hossenfelder: "At this point "predictions" for new phenomena in the
> foundations of physics have become complete worthless. These so-called
> "predictions" are just guesses wrapped in math."
> https://twitter.com/skdh/status/1489493685331013632

_capitalism_ lying. No shame.

US State Department busted fabricating false flag in Ukraine
https://theduran.com/us-state-department-busted-fabricating-false-flag-in-ukraine/