From: sad...@ins.ect (Jogei)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: What means U+2A69 Unicode ??? or which math operation does it represent?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 10:22:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jogei - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 10:22 UTC

I am working on a puzzle involving the meaning and usage of a unicode
symbol.

What is U+2A69 Unicode character ⩩ used to mean in mathematics or
computer science? What is the proper name of this symbol?

In case your news reader does not support unicode here is a
description. It is formed with three vertical and three horizontal bars
crossed like a hash tag. The glyph looks like the ASCII rendering here:

| | |
| | |
-----|-|-|-----
-----|-|-|-----
-----|-|-|-----
| | |
| | |

I haven't found any math papers containing this symbol. I can't find
any reference saying what it means or what it is used for. The unicode
references provide no information on the use or meaning of the symbol.

If anyone knows the answers please explain. If possible provide sources.

--
Jogei

Re: What means U+2A69 Unicode ⩩ or which math operation does it represent?

<ad08ae45-4ff1-429f-beda-8ca77e18c1e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=81204&group=sci.math#81204

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 08:41:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_What_means_U+2A69_Unicode_⩩_or_which_math_oper
ation_does_it_represent?
From: fredjeff...@gmail.com (FredJeffries)
 by: FredJeffries - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 15:41 UTC

On Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 3:22:41 AM UTC-7, Jogei wrote:
> I am working on a puzzle involving the meaning and usage of a unicode
> symbol.
>
> What is U+2A69 Unicode character ⩩ used to mean in mathematics or
> computer science? What is the proper name of this symbol?
>
> In case your news reader does not support unicode here is a
> description. It is formed with three vertical and three horizontal bars
> crossed like a hash tag. The glyph looks like the ASCII rendering here:
>
> | | |
> | | |
> -----|-|-|-----
> -----|-|-|-----
> -----|-|-|-----
> | | |
> | | |

> I haven't found any math papers containing this symbol. I can't find
> any reference saying what it means or what it is used for. The unicode
> references provide no information on the use or meaning of the symbol.
>
> If anyone knows the answers please explain. If possible provide sources.

It's called 'Triple Horizontal Bar with Triple Vertical Stroke', which I am sure you already know.

It's listed as an infix relational symbol. There's no standard meaning for it, so you'll have to tell us YOUR context if you want us to help you figure out what it means.

http://www.ams.org/STIX/glyphs/proposal/jan2000/utcmemo-s-jan00.pdf
https://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/appendixc.html

tech / sci.math / What means U+2A69 Unicode ??? or which math operation does it represent?