Things equal to nothing else are equal to each other.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

SubjectAuthor
* Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthroughMaciej Wozniak
`* Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthroughMichael Moroney
 +- Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthroughMaciej Wozniak
 `- Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthroughDarrel Angus

1
Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

<cd9340e0-b4b7-4cee-9aff-f2525316f51fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=81750&group=sci.physics.relativity#81750

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 23:26:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 07:26 UTC

Poincare, 1905
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/37157/37157-pdf.pdf
"Most mathematicians regard Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity. Some of them have, however, gone further. If several geometries are possible, they say, is it certain that
our geometry is the one that is true? Experiment no
doubt teaches us that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two right angles, but this is because the
triangles we deal with are too small. "

It's 1905, and nobody has noticed what an incredible
triumph NEG was. "Most mathematicians regard
Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity"...
Nothing about spherical triangles falsifying shabby
Euclid. Oppositely - "Experiment no doubt teaches us
that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two
right angles". Poincare, 1905.

What has changed so dramatically during the last 100
years? Simple. Giant Guru has announced Euclid was
wrong. The history had to be rewritten to show how
unreliable, unworthy, unable to deal with the most
obvious problems we have Euclid geometry always was.
It had to be rewritten, and it was rewritten. Well done.

Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

<su7fva$1g7q$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=81839&group=sci.physics.relativity#81839

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 00:18:37 -0500
 by: Michael Moroney - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 05:18 UTC

On 2/11/2022 2:26 AM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> Poincare, 1905
> https://www.gutenberg.org/files/37157/37157-pdf.pdf
> "Most mathematicians regard Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity. Some of them have, however, gone further. If several geometries are possible, they say, is it certain that
> our geometry is the one that is true? Experiment no
> doubt teaches us that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two right angles, but this is because the
> triangles we deal with are too small. "
>

> It's 1905, and nobody has noticed what an incredible
> triumph NEG was. "Most mathematicians regard
> Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity"...
> Nothing about spherical triangles falsifying shabby
> Euclid. Oppositely - "Experiment no doubt teaches us
> that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two
> right angles". Poincare, 1905.
>
> What has changed so dramatically during the last 100
> years? Simple.

Size, and knowing how to apply such geometry.

Do you believe a surveyor can accurately plat rectangular 1/10 hectare
house lots on earth? Can a surveyor lay out a triangular 1/10 hectare
lot where the sum of the angles of the triangle is equal to two right
angles? Can a surveyor lay out another triangular plot with one corner
at the North Pole, a second corner in the Atlantic Ocean at coordinates
(0,0) and the third near the Galapagos Islands at coordinates (0,-90)
where the sum of the angles of the triangle is equal to two right angles?

Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

<c1fe2cb4-5c31-44b7-b9ac-25d94cf7965bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=81845&group=sci.physics.relativity#81845

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:14:11 -0800 (PST)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 06:14 UTC

On Saturday, 12 February 2022 at 06:18:37 UTC+1, Michael Moroney wrote:
> On 2/11/2022 2:26 AM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> > Poincare, 1905
> > https://www.gutenberg.org/files/37157/37157-pdf.pdf
> > "Most mathematicians regard Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity. Some of them have, however, gone further. If several geometries are possible, they say, is it certain that
> > our geometry is the one that is true? Experiment no
> > doubt teaches us that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two right angles, but this is because the
> > triangles we deal with are too small. "
> >

> > It's 1905, and nobody has noticed what an incredible
> > triumph NEG was. "Most mathematicians regard
> > Lobatschewsky’s geometry as a mere logical curiosity"...
> > Nothing about spherical triangles falsifying shabby
> > Euclid. Oppositely - "Experiment no doubt teaches us
> > that the sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two
> > right angles". Poincare, 1905.
> >
> > What has changed so dramatically during the last 100
> > years? Simple.
> Size, and knowing how to apply such geometry.

Poincare didn't know! Nobody has told him Earth is
round:(. Stupid Mike knows.

Re: Non euclidean geometry as a major breakthrough

<su8trd$1cbf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=81879&group=sci.physics.relativity#81879

From: arg...@iiehdc.mx (Darrel Angus)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 18:21:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Darrel Angus - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 18:21 UTC

Michael Moroney wrote:

>> What has changed so dramatically during the last 100 years? Simple.
>
> Size, and knowing how to apply such geometry.
> Do you believe a surveyor can accurately plat rectangular 1/10 hectare
> house lots on earth? Can a surveyor lay out a triangular 1/10 hectare
> lot where the sum of the angles of the triangle is equal to two right
> angles?

MASSIVE 50 MILLION C0VID VACCINES RECALLED AS THEY TRIGGER POSITIVES IN
HIV TESTS.