Simulations are like miniskirts, they show a lot and hide the essentials. -- Hubert Kirrman

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Czar Nicholas II and Joe Biden

SubjectAuthor
* Czar Nicholas II and Joe BidenAndre Jute
`* Re: Czar Nicholas II and Joe BidenTom Kunich
 `* Re: Czar Nicholas II and Joe BidenAndre Jute
  `- Re: Czar Nicholas II and Joe BidenTom Kunich

1
Czar Nicholas II and Joe Biden

<ed0b7a23-6d11-4db9-a4e9-ad4833508441n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=82029&group=rec.bicycles.tech#82029

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 16:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Czar Nicholas II and Joe Biden
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sun, 21 May 2023 23:18 UTC

Mark Lewis is an historian with considerable experience working and teaching in China. His comparison of the woefully hapless Czar Nicholas II and the stumblebum Joe Biden in such a short article offers a very great deal to be concerned about for Americans who care for the future of their country. Read it here:
https://townhall.com/columnists/marklewis/2023/05/21/czar-nicholas-ii-and-joe-biden-n2623499

Andre Jute
"Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana*

* Pop version of the aphorism above. What Santayana actually said was, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,” which, if you think about it, is even worse, because the pop version at least offers the redemption of a proper education, while the original condemns the sanguine to inevitability.

Re: Czar Nicholas II and Joe Biden

<a6c91fe2-f966-4271-9c08-39d2d7819986n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=82045&group=rec.bicycles.tech#82045

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 18:16:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Czar Nicholas II and Joe Biden
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 22 May 2023 01:16 UTC

On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 4:18:16 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
> Mark Lewis is an historian with considerable experience working and teaching in China. His comparison of the woefully hapless Czar Nicholas II and the stumblebum Joe Biden in such a short article offers a very great deal to be concerned about for Americans who care for the future of their country. Read it here:
> https://townhall.com/columnists/marklewis/2023/05/21/czar-nicholas-ii-and-joe-biden-n2623499
> >
> Andre Jute
> "Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana*
> >
> * Pop version of the aphorism above. What Santayana actually said was, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,” which, if you think about it, is even worse, because the pop version at least offers the redemption of a proper education, while the original condemns the sanguine to inevitability.

I would also add that Putin would probably have been a hail good fellow for the world if he were not used by the Slime Stream Media to be the villain of the piece. Putin did NOT want a war. The Ukraine STARTED this war by killing Ukrainians of Russian descent who only wanted to farm their land in the rich farming areas of the Ukraine. This gave the money grubbing Democrats the reason to stoke the war machine and to blame the world's problems on Putin and not the Democrats.

Now with the entire world set against him all Putin can do is play his part to the best of his ability.

Re: Czar Nicholas II and Joe Biden

<15530768-43b5-4f1d-8765-d037ae68a6b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=82105&group=rec.bicycles.tech#82105

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 18:52:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Tue, 23 May 2023 01:52 UTC

On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 2:16:11 AM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 4:18:16 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
> > Mark Lewis is an historian with considerable experience working and teaching in China. His comparison of the woefully hapless Czar Nicholas II and the stumblebum Joe Biden in such a short article offers a very great deal to be concerned about for Americans who care for the future of their country. Read it here:
> > https://townhall.com/columnists/marklewis/2023/05/21/czar-nicholas-ii-and-joe-biden-n2623499
> > >
> > Andre Jute
> > "Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana*
> > >
> > * Pop version of the aphorism above. What Santayana actually said was, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,” which, if you think about it, is even worse, because the pop version at least offers the redemption of a proper education, while the original condemns the sanguine to inevitability.
> I would also add that Putin would probably have been a hail good fellow for the world if he were not used by the Slime Stream Media to be the villain of the piece. Putin did NOT want a war. The Ukraine STARTED this war by killing Ukrainians of Russian descent who only wanted to farm their land in the rich farming areas of the Ukraine. This gave the money grubbing Democrats the reason to stoke the war machine and to blame the world's problems on Putin and not the Democrats.
>
> Now with the entire world set against him all Putin can do is play his part to the best of his ability.

I hold the view that the terror behind the Cold War was a Very Good Thing, well-understood mutually assured destruction keeping everybody's finger off the button. True, we drifted foolishly but apparently inexorably into endless proxy wars, but at least they weren't nuclear world wars. I never thought that the Fall of Soviet Russia was the end of history. This Ukraine business however harbours an elevated danger, when compared to other proxy wars today or in the Cold War, of growing to a general war, i.e. a world war which, it seems to me, will inevitably become a nuclear war. You just have to look at the map to understand why the Russians insist that the Ukraine is in their sphere of influence. It's the old "Polish Question" but moved Eastwards to sit pulsing menace right on the border of what is unquestionably Russian soil going back to the Duchy of Muscovy."

Andre Jute
Even paranoids sometimes have real enemies.

*For the Historically Challenged, Russians are descendants of Viking invaders (more of my relatives!) looking for a shortcut to the silk and spices of Mandalay. The Duchy of Muscovy grew out of their settlement which then grew to be modern Moscow. If you want to know more, my googlebug Slow Johnny will post extracts from Wikipedia which will miss the point altogether. We should just note that for about three quarters of a century, Russian was spoken in Moscow among the New Classes with an ugly Ukranian overtone because so many Ukrainians were in positions of power, and that from Khrushchev (himself a Ukrainian) forward, being a Ukrainian-born Communist was a positive recommendation superseding merit, as being a black transgender is today in the States. See why today's Russians think of Ukraine as an irreplaceable limb of Holy Mother Russia? This is besides the unquestionable economic value of the Ukraine, once the breadbasket of the Soviets.

Re: Czar Nicholas II and Joe Biden

<7c2a69b1-b757-4bb4-9e49-dc8076bd74a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=82126&group=rec.bicycles.tech#82126

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 07:19:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 23 May 2023 14:19 UTC

On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 6:52:54 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
> [...]
> >
> *For the Historically Challenged, Russians are descendants of Viking invaders (more of my relatives!) looking for a shortcut to the silk and spices of Mandalay. The Duchy of Muscovy grew out of their settlement which then grew to be modern Moscow. If you want to know more, my googlebug Slow Johnny will post extracts from Wikipedia which will miss the point altogether. We should just note that for about three quarters of a century, Russian was spoken in Moscow among the New Classes with an ugly Ukranian overtone because so many Ukrainians were in positions of power, and that from Khrushchev (himself a Ukrainian) forward, being a Ukrainian-born Communist was a positive recommendation superseding merit, as being a black transgender is today in the States. See why today's Russians think of Ukraine as an irreplaceable limb of Holy Mother Russia? This is besides the unquestionable economic value of the Ukraine, once the breadbasket of the Soviets.

Despite what is being said in the Slime Stream Media, there is NO Ukrainian Army left to speak of. Those using all of the modern high tech weapons are American mercenaries or straight out American Army troops. Putin knows very well what he is doing and his Generals have been fighting a terrorist war of extinction predicated on the loses they sustained under the Talban. There is no longer anything for the Ukrainians to protect or to hold. But the Democrats will continue crying "Russia, Russia, Russia" using them as nothing more than a foil for their most ardent failures to even have the slightest clue on how to govern.

At this moment Russia has so obviously won the war that it is a joke that the Slime Stream Media continues to lie to the American people about it.