God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.

tech / sci.electronics.design / OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

SubjectAuthor
* OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in Jan Panteltje
+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesAnthony William Sloman
|+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita legg
||`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|| `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita jlarkin
||  +- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita bitrex
||  `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
|+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
||+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
|||`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
||| `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
||`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesamdx
|| `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
||  +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita John Doe
||  |`- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesAnthony William Sloman
||  `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesMichael Terrell
||   `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
||    `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesMichael Terrell
||     +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesAnthony William Sloman
||     |`- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
||     `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
|`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesamdx
| `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJohn Robertson
|+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
||`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJan Panteltje
|| +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|| |+- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|| |`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJan Panteltje
|| | +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|| | `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesTom Gardner
|| |  +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
|| |  |`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|| |  | `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
|| |  `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|| +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesFred Bloggs
|| |+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|| |`- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJan Panteltje
|| `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
|+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita jlarkin
||`- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesFred Bloggs
| +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
| |`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
| | `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
| |  `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesFred Bloggs
| |   +- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
| |   `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
| `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJohn Robertson
+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesFred Bloggs
|+* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
||`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|| `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
||  `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
||   +- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
||   `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
||    `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
|`- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJan Panteltje
`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus caseswhit3rd
 `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJan Panteltje
  +- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesAnthony William Sloman
  +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesRick C
  |`- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
  `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
   `* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJan Panteltje
    +* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
    |+- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesbitrex
    |`* Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesJan Panteltje
    | `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
    +- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus casesAnthony William Sloman
    `- Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Pages:1234
OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<snsh9h$1e9o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83611&group=sci.electronics.design#83611

From: pNaOnStP...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 05:51:36 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 05:51 UTC

Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation

Shows the right way to handle covid.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<b3277d35-0d47-44c4-9777-2fc8b61a4ed9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83614&group=sci.electronics.design#83614

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 23:15:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases
per capita in nation
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:15 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 4:56:08 PM UTC+11, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>
> Shows the right way to handle covid.

Fox News can be relied on to praise the far-right way of handling Covid-19.

Michigan is lot further north than Florida, so winter forcing more people indoors may have something to do with their higher Covid-19 new infection rate.

Florida has 2,847 deaths per million so far, and Michigan 2,528, so Florida hasn't done too well. Australia is at 77 deaths per million so far, so neither state looks all that good to me.

The Netherlands is at 1,118 so Jan isn't thinking as hard as he ought to be.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<krg4qgpqt1v4668bc6c2sb2jlkcj2u9vbn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83622&group=sci.electronics.design#83622

From: leg...@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:42:51 -0500
 by: legg - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 14:42 UTC

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 23:15:36 -0800 (PST), Anthony William Sloman
<bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 4:56:08 PM UTC+11, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>>
>> Shows the right way to handle covid.
>
>Fox News can be relied on to praise the far-right way of handling Covid-19.
>
>Michigan is lot further north than Florida, so winter forcing more people indoors may have something to do with their higher Covid-19 new infection rate.
>
>Florida has 2,847 deaths per million so far, and Michigan 2,528, so Florida hasn't done too well. Australia is at 77 deaths per million so far, so neither state looks all that good to me.
>
>The Netherlands is at 1,118 so Jan isn't thinking as hard as he ought to be.

Interesting to note that north of the border, fatality rates in ppm
have just reached values reported in the US >365 days ago . . . .

To me, that suggests a full year of unneccessary casualties.

RL

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<%KroJ.35872$cW6.34529@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83624&group=sci.electronics.design#83624

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:01:14 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:01 UTC

On 11/27/2021 2:15 AM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 4:56:08 PM UTC+11, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>>
>> Shows the right way to handle covid.
>
> Fox News can be relied on to praise the far-right way of handling Covid-19.
>
> Michigan is lot further north than Florida, so winter forcing more people indoors may have something to do with their higher Covid-19 new infection rate.
>
> Florida has 2,847 deaths per million so far, and Michigan 2,528, so Florida hasn't done too well. Australia is at 77 deaths per million so far, so neither state looks all that good to me.
>
> The Netherlands is at 1,118 so Jan isn't thinking as hard as he ought to be.

Florida excludes everyone who isn't a full-time resident of Florida from
its case reporting, if someone's there for vacation for two weeks and
gets sick it's not reported in Florida and it's not reported in their
home state AFAIK, they don't exist.

As the biggest winter vacation destination in America they do want the
tourism money but they don't want the tourists making them look bad, or
at least worse.

Of full-time residents the rest of the state has a large senior
population who were as well or better vaccinated than many state's
average early on, and their overall rate is not bad by American
standards at over 70% IIRC.

Hey, vaccines work! As the deaths per million show a lot of the younger
people from there who didn't bother with it died

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<9UroJ.29312$bo.20866@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83625&group=sci.electronics.design#83625

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:11:00 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:11 UTC

On 11/27/2021 9:42 AM, legg wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 23:15:36 -0800 (PST), Anthony William Sloman
> <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 4:56:08 PM UTC+11, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>>>
>>> Shows the right way to handle covid.
>>
>> Fox News can be relied on to praise the far-right way of handling Covid-19.
>>
>> Michigan is lot further north than Florida, so winter forcing more people indoors may have something to do with their higher Covid-19 new infection rate.
>>
>> Florida has 2,847 deaths per million so far, and Michigan 2,528, so Florida hasn't done too well. Australia is at 77 deaths per million so far, so neither state looks all that good to me.
>>
>> The Netherlands is at 1,118 so Jan isn't thinking as hard as he ought to be.
>
> Interesting to note that north of the border, fatality rates in ppm
> have just reached values reported in the US >365 days ago . . . .
>
> To me, that suggests a full year of unneccessary casualties.
>
> RL

Massachusetts and Florida are somewhat similar in deaths per capita but
their curves are sorta the reverse of each other, MA starts out very
high at the beginning of the pandemic and gets things under control.
Florida starts out low and waits until they get clobbered.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<3q6dneJO2qtuzT_8nZ2dnUU7-SXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83628&group=sci.electronics.design#83628

Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:38:22 -0800
per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: spa...@flippers.com (John Robertson)
 by: John Robertson - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:38 UTC

On 2021/11/26 9:51 p.m., Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>
> Shows the right way to handle covid.

Out of 51 states Florida is in the #13th rank in deaths per million.
Almost all the the top group are Republican led states:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So, if you want to avoid Covid, live in a state that doesn't have a
Republican Governor.

https://ballotpedia.org/Partisan_composition_of_governors

John

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<5sj4qg539ij564f1ngb2bt3qn2jm19h8us@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83629&group=sci.electronics.design#83629

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:39:20 -0800
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:39 UTC

On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:11:00 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 11/27/2021 9:42 AM, legg wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 23:15:36 -0800 (PST), Anthony William Sloman
>> <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>>> Fox News can be relied on to praise the far-right way of handling Covid-19.
>>>
>>> Michigan is lot further north than Florida, so winter forcing more people indoors may have something to do with their higher Covid-19 new infection rate.
>>>
>>> Florida has 2,847 deaths per million so far, and Michigan 2,528, so Florida hasn't done too well. Australia is at 77 deaths per million so far, so neither state looks all that good to me.
>>>
>>> The Netherlands is at 1,118 so Jan isn't thinking as hard as he ought to be.
>>
>> Interesting to note that north of the border, fatality rates in ppm
>> have just reached values reported in the US >365 days ago . . . .
>>
>> To me, that suggests a full year of unneccessary casualties.
>>
>> RL
>>

>Massachusetts and Florida are somewhat similar in deaths per capita but
>their curves are sorta the reverse of each other, MA starts out very
>high at the beginning of the pandemic and gets things under control.
>Florida starts out low and waits until they get clobbered.

Right now, cases and deaths in MA are increasing, and cases and deaths
in FL are nearly zero. That suggests that the let-er-rip approach
results in about the same integrated harm without the damage from
draconian lockdowns and political blather.

But regional variations are huge and unexplained. Brandon has
forbidden travel from eight Black-majority countries, an act that he
once called xenophobic and racist. Africa's very low reported covid
rates are still unexplained.

--

Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<OpsoJ.51435$IB7.31638@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83630&group=sci.electronics.design#83630

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:46:54 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:46 UTC

On 11/27/2021 10:38 AM, John Robertson wrote:

> On 2021/11/26 9:51 p.m., Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>>

>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>>

>> Shows the right way to handle covid.
>>

> Out of 51 states Florida is in the #13th rank in deaths per million.
> Almost all the the top group are Republican led states:
>
> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
>
> So, if you want to avoid Covid, live in a state that doesn't have a
> Republican Governor.
>
> https://ballotpedia.org/Partisan_composition_of_governors
>
> John

I don't think that tells the whole story, Massachusetts has a Republican
governor (well, a RINO anyway) and has done consistently pretty well on
case rates, the death rate per capita overall is high though due to
large senior population and the state got hammered early on, it was one
of the ground zeros for the epidemic in the US.

MA conservatives tend to be a vicious but pragmatic sort, they hate the
libs and the queers and the fags and the feminists plenty but their
reasons don't have much to do with the idea that Jesus told them to be
that way and you won't find them attending some Evangelical church like
they figure they're doing God's work or something, what a laugh. They do
understand self-interest and when the chips are down they tend to wear
masks and get vaccinated as well as anyone else, a pragmatic sort.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<4rk4qgd0s3ea9v1nb4oipb5hcf1aikobfr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83631&group=sci.electronics.design#83631

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:54:14 -0800
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:54 UTC

On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:38:22 -0800, John Robertson <spam@flippers.com>
wrote:

>On 2021/11/26 9:51 p.m., Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>>
>> Shows the right way to handle covid.
>>

>Out of 51 states Florida is in the #13th rank in deaths per million.
>Almost all the the top group are Republican led states:
>
>https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
>
>So, if you want to avoid Covid, live in a state that doesn't have a
>Republican Governor.
>
>https://ballotpedia.org/Partisan_composition_of_governors
>
>John

Of the top six states by PPM deaths, half have Dem governors.

All sorts of correlations are confusing here. Bad data probably
accounts for a lot of that.

--

Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was
always most valuable when he had lost it.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<1xsoJ.76799$SW5.53826@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83632&group=sci.electronics.design#83632

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:54:36 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:54 UTC

On 11/27/2021 10:39 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:11:00 -0500, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> On 11/27/2021 9:42 AM, legg wrote:

>>> Interesting to note that north of the border, fatality rates in ppm
>>> have just reached values reported in the US >365 days ago . . . .
>>>
>>> To me, that suggests a full year of unneccessary casualties.
>>>
>>> RL
>>>

>> Massachusetts and Florida are somewhat similar in deaths per capita but
>> their curves are sorta the reverse of each other, MA starts out very
>> high at the beginning of the pandemic and gets things under control.
>> Florida starts out low and waits until they get clobbered.
>
> Right now, cases and deaths in MA are increasing, and cases and deaths
> in FL are nearly zero. That suggests that the let-er-rip approach
> results in about the same integrated harm without the damage from
> draconian lockdowns and political blather.

They didn't really "let-er-rip", Florida got a reprieve for some time
while MA got clobbered early on when there was nothing, no treatment and
no vaccine. Florida still had a huge spike equal to Covid's opening
salvo here when there was ALREADY A VACCINE!

Remember when The Donald's team of professionals were saying "we think
it is a blue-state problem..." and it was, for a while...

> But regional variations are huge and unexplained. Brandon has
> forbidden travel from eight Black-majority countries, an act that he
> once called xenophobic and racist. Africa's very low reported covid
> rates are still unexplained.

Ha ha I saw a "Brandon" sticker on somebody's pickup the other day.
Definitely one of the goofiest "inside jokes" of all time. What's wrong
with saying "Fuck Joe Biden"? When I want to say fuck Joe Biden this is
what I do, I say "Fuck Joe Biden." Pay me $25 and I will say "Fuck Joe
Biden" to anyone you like as a public service.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<16ef1ba8-9ed2-429f-895d-e7e76fc24e5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83633&group=sci.electronics.design#83633

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:55:32 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:55 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 12:56:08 AM UTC-5, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>
> Shows the right way to handle covid.

So Floridians are just passively sitting there waiting for a hit or miss infection? Is that what you think? Then you're dumber than a rock. Floridians have been exposed to an endless campaign of infection mitigation measures as well as lots and lots of public health information regarding keeping the hospitals and health care facilities from being overburdened by unnecessary covid cases. All this work is finally paying off, the people are taking serious heed.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<8e918e8a-dcdb-4100-b0af-66162af019ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83634&group=sci.electronics.design#83634

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:57:04 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:57 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 10:38:38 AM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
> On 2021/11/26 9:51 p.m., Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
> >
> > https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
> >
> > Shows the right way to handle covid.
> >
> Out of 51 states Florida is in the #13th rank in deaths per million.
> Almost all the the top group are Republican led states:
>
> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
>
> So, if you want to avoid Covid, live in a state that doesn't have a
> Republican Governor.
>
> https://ballotpedia.org/Partisan_composition_of_governors

What's the name of the 51st state again?

> John

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<ECsoJ.46303$Gco3.21286@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83635&group=sci.electronics.design#83635

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 11:00:36 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 16:00 UTC

On 11/27/2021 10:57 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 10:38:38 AM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
>> On 2021/11/26 9:51 p.m., Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>>>
>>> Shows the right way to handle covid.
>>>
>> Out of 51 states Florida is in the #13th rank in deaths per million.
>> Almost all the the top group are Republican led states:
>>
>> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
>>
>> So, if you want to avoid Covid, live in a state that doesn't have a
>> Republican Governor.
>>
>> https://ballotpedia.org/Partisan_composition_of_governors
>
> What's the name of the 51st state again?
>

>> John

"If Puerto Rico were to just sink into the sea, it wouldn't really be
relevant to our interests" - US President Joe Biden

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<IDsoJ.46304$Gco3.27861@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83636&group=sci.electronics.design#83636

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 11:01:44 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 16:01 UTC

On 11/27/2021 11:00 AM, bitrex wrote:
> On 11/27/2021 10:57 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 10:38:38 AM UTC-5, John Robertson
>> wrote:

>>> Out of 51 states Florida is in the #13th rank in deaths per million.
>>> Almost all the the top group are Republican led states:
>>>
>>> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
>>>
>>> So, if you want to avoid Covid, live in a state that doesn't have a
>>> Republican Governor.
>>>
>>> https://ballotpedia.org/Partisan_composition_of_governors
>>
>> What's the name of the 51st state again?
>>

>>> John
>
> "If Puerto Rico were to just sink into the sea, it wouldn't really be
> relevant to our interests" - US President Joe Biden

Oops, my bad, the quote was about Haiti:

<https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/sep/24/instagram-posts/video-clips-take-bidens-1994-if-haiti-just-quietly/>

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<dJsoJ.46305$Gco3.30395@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83637&group=sci.electronics.design#83637

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 11:07:36 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 16:07 UTC

On 11/27/2021 10:54 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 07:38:22 -0800, John Robertson <spam@flippers.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 2021/11/26 9:51 p.m., Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>>>
>>> Shows the right way to handle covid.
>>>

>> Out of 51 states Florida is in the #13th rank in deaths per million.
>> Almost all the the top group are Republican led states:
>>
>> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
>>
>> So, if you want to avoid Covid, live in a state that doesn't have a
>> Republican Governor.
>>
>> https://ballotpedia.org/Partisan_composition_of_governors
>>
>> John
>
> Of the top six states by PPM deaths, half have Dem governors.
>
> All sorts of correlations are confusing here. Bad data probably
> accounts for a lot of that.

How did MA get its early large spike under control with no vaccines and
no effective treatments, it was unlikely the power of prayer that did it
alone.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<b55d2bcf-066d-4eb8-be52-bbe78e5182e2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83638&group=sci.electronics.design#83638

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 08:10:55 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 16:10 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 11:01:22 AM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 11/27/2021 2:15 AM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> > On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 4:56:08 PM UTC+11, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> >> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
> >>
> >> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
> >>
> >> Shows the right way to handle covid.
> >
> > Fox News can be relied on to praise the far-right way of handling Covid-19.
> >
> > Michigan is lot further north than Florida, so winter forcing more people indoors may have something to do with their higher Covid-19 new infection rate.
> >
> > Florida has 2,847 deaths per million so far, and Michigan 2,528, so Florida hasn't done too well. Australia is at 77 deaths per million so far, so neither state looks all that good to me.
> >
> > The Netherlands is at 1,118 so Jan isn't thinking as hard as he ought to be.
> >
> Florida excludes everyone who isn't a full-time resident of Florida from
> its case reporting, if someone's there for vacation for two weeks and
> gets sick it's not reported in Florida and it's not reported in their
> home state AFAIK, they don't exist.
>
> As the biggest winter vacation destination in America they do want the
> tourism money but they don't want the tourists making them look bad, or
> at least worse.
>
> Of full-time residents the rest of the state has a large senior
> population who were as well or better vaccinated than many state's
> average early on, and their overall rate is not bad by American
> standards at over 70% IIRC.
>
> Hey, vaccines work! As the deaths per million show a lot of the younger
> people from there who didn't bother with it died

DeSantis wants to open things as much as possible which means totally, so as to maintain revenue. Imagine how attractive Florida would be if they mandated actions to keep the infection rates low and actually mitigated the infection and death rate.

Do they report all deaths from Covid or are they suppressed for non-residents as well?

I recall a county in GA with very high infection and death rates in the early days of the pandemic. It was surrounded by counties with near zero rates. Turns out it has the only hospital in those counties. I suppose they don't follow the same policy of not reporting Covid infections and deaths if you aren't a resident of the county.

I went to lunch with family yesterday in Maryland. I was meeting them at the restaurant and headed to the restroom first. When I came out I was the only person in the place wearing a mask. Seems Maryland has rescinded the mask rule so you don't need masks anywhere. It's no wonder that Florida doesn't stand out. Looks like there is a dearth of recent information because of the holiday. I wonder what Monday will look like.

I wonder how they will fare once Omicron hits US shores. It will be very hard to keep out of Florida with all the travel industry there.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<fbcf5cc6-7f67-4b0e-8c47-c712bfc0e723n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83640&group=sci.electronics.design#83640

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:33:22 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:33 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 11:39:29 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:11:00 -0500, bitrex <us...@example.net> wrote:
>
> >On 11/27/2021 9:42 AM, legg wrote:

> >> Interesting to note that north of the border, fatality rates in ppm
> >> have just reached values reported in the US >365 days ago . . . .
> >>
> >> To me, that suggests a full year of unneccessary casualties.
> >>
> >> RL
> >>

> >Massachusetts and Florida are somewhat similar in deaths per capita but
> >their curves are sorta the reverse of each other, MA starts out very
> >high at the beginning of the pandemic and gets things under control.
> >Florida starts out low and waits until they get clobbered.
> Right now, cases and deaths in MA are increasing, and cases and deaths
> in FL are nearly zero. That suggests that the let-er-rip approach
> results in about the same integrated harm without the damage from
> draconian lockdowns and political blather.

Does anyone know what "lockdowns" he's talking about that are "draconian"? I suppose Larkin is looking at the most severe actions by any official in any jurisdiction he can find. Like he always does, cherry picking the data.. Is that a normal thing for Father Brown?

This is the sort of blather that has hampered the ability to adequately address the pandemic. The fact that Florida has managed to manipulate their reported numbers means very little in the overall picture. Texas is still seeing high numbers with similar regulations or a similar lack thereof. The numbers are simply low in comparison to what they were a few weeks ago at the raging peak in September. Let us see how these same states fare in the coming weeks as the Omicron variant spreads in the US. Maybe it will be a nothing, but with states like Florida trying to pretend they need to do nothing we can expect any dangerous variant will take a firm hold there very quickly.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<a0f80455-14c7-498d-bc6c-83aa5d11abffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83641&group=sci.electronics.design#83641

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:37:28 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:37 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 11:55:35 AM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 12:56:08 AM UTC-5, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
> >
> > https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
> >
> > Shows the right way to handle covid.
> So Floridians are just passively sitting there waiting for a hit or miss infection? Is that what you think? Then you're dumber than a rock. Floridians have been exposed to an endless campaign of infection mitigation measures as well as lots and lots of public health information regarding keeping the hospitals and health care facilities from being overburdened by unnecessary covid cases. All this work is finally paying off, the people are taking serious heed.

There's an idea. How about we introduce a bill in Congress to prevent all shipments of vaccine to Florida as of Jan 1, 2022? Do you think that will encourage residents to get inoculated? I'm sure it would result in a howl and massive legal actions. I've read about people who get the vaccine incognito so their friends won't know.

This is a strange country we live in.

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<K2uoJ.41327$KV.1406@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83642&group=sci.electronics.design#83642

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 12:38:49 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:38 UTC

On 11/27/2021 12:37 PM, Rick C wrote:
> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 11:55:35 AM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 12:56:08 AM UTC-5, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>> Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-reports-lowest-daily-coronavirus-cases-per-capita-in-nation
>>>
>>> Shows the right way to handle covid.
>> So Floridians are just passively sitting there waiting for a hit or miss infection? Is that what you think? Then you're dumber than a rock. Floridians have been exposed to an endless campaign of infection mitigation measures as well as lots and lots of public health information regarding keeping the hospitals and health care facilities from being overburdened by unnecessary covid cases. All this work is finally paying off, the people are taking serious heed.
>
> There's an idea. How about we introduce a bill in Congress to prevent all shipments of vaccine to Florida as of Jan 1, 2022? Do you think that will encourage residents to get inoculated? I'm sure it would result in a howl and massive legal actions. I've read about people who get the vaccine incognito so their friends won't know.

That's dumb

> This is a strange country we live in.

It is and you're being weird

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<77ea3635-e5b6-4217-9f5c-53ece93d358dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83643&group=sci.electronics.design#83643

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:47:40 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:47 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 12:01:51 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 11/27/2021 11:00 AM, bitrex wrote:
> > On 11/27/2021 10:57 AM, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> >> What's the name of the 51st state again?

> > "If Puerto Rico were to just sink into the sea, it wouldn't really be
> > relevant to our interests" - US President Joe Biden
> Oops, my bad, the quote was about Haiti:
>
> <https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/sep/24/instagram-posts/video-clips-take-bidens-1994-if-haiti-just-quietly/>

It's also not an accurate quote even with the correction about it applying to Haiti. He was making a point about the significance of other parts of the world in comparison to Haiti and said it wouldn't matter if Haiti "quietly sunk into the Caribbean or rose up 300 feet". This is not to say no one cares about Haiti, but simply it is not a primary interest in global affairs.

BTW, the 51st state is Washington DC.

--

Rick C.

-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<2dd4b400-e6bc-4313-97f8-5083ecff9684n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83644&group=sci.electronics.design#83644

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:48:48 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 17:48 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 1:38:57 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 11/27/2021 12:37 PM, Rick C wrote:

> >> So Floridians are just passively sitting there waiting for a hit or miss infection? Is that what you think? Then you're dumber than a rock. Floridians have been exposed to an endless campaign of infection mitigation measures as well as lots and lots of public health information regarding keeping the hospitals and health care facilities from being overburdened by unnecessary covid cases. All this work is finally paying off, the people are taking serious heed.
> >
> > There's an idea. How about we introduce a bill in Congress to prevent all shipments of vaccine to Florida as of Jan 1, 2022? Do you think that will encourage residents to get inoculated? I'm sure it would result in a howl and massive legal actions. I've read about people who get the vaccine incognito so their friends won't know.
> That's dumb
> > This is a strange country we live in.
> It is and you're being weird

Your debating skills are impressive to say the most.

--

Rick C.

+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<truoJ.126336$IW4.13468@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83645&group=sci.electronics.design#83645

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 13:05:12 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 18:05 UTC

On 11/27/2021 12:48 PM, Rick C wrote:
> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 1:38:57 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:

>>> There's an idea. How about we introduce a bill in Congress to prevent all shipments of vaccine to Florida as of Jan 1, 2022? Do you think that will encourage residents to get inoculated? I'm sure it would result in a howl and massive legal actions. I've read about people who get the vaccine incognito so their friends won't know.
>> That's dumb
>>> This is a strange country we live in.
>> It is and you're being weird
>
> Your debating skills are impressive to say the most.

I think the idea is very silly and not worth much "debate." The goal is
to eliminate Covid-19 to as large a degree as possible as a viable
threat. If they aren't taking the vaccine or don't want to wear a mask
then pay them to! Send more, always more. If the carrot works one place
then use the carrot. If the stick works somewhere else then use the stick.

All tactics are valid when you're in a fight for your life and that's
the pickle civilization finds itself in. What one governor wants to brag
about today is irrelevant, take your wins where and how you get them.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<9dc85b28-cc0b-47b0-9ab9-67c74ee3efcbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83646&group=sci.electronics.design#83646

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:06:18 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 18:06 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 12:47:44 PM UTC-5, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 12:01:51 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:

> > > "If Puerto Rico were to just sink into the sea, it wouldn't really be
> > > relevant to our interests" - US President Joe Biden
> > Oops, my bad, the quote was about Haiti:
> >
> > <https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/sep/24/instagram-posts/video-clips-take-bidens-1994-if-haiti-just-quietly/>
> It's also not an accurate quote even with the correction about it applying to Haiti. He was making a point about the significance of other parts of the world in comparison to Haiti and said it wouldn't matter if Haiti "quietly sunk into the Caribbean or rose up 300 feet". This is not to say no one cares about Haiti, but simply it is not a primary interest in global affairs.

Actually Haiti is very significant, the people there are very industrious and intelligent. The problem is they've been dealt one massive natural disaster after another. Nature won't give them a break.

People saw the images of their refugees under the bridge in Texas and judged them to be lawless and violent. We;; those people were desperate beyiond belief. Many of them weren't sure they could survive if returned to Haiti. Under the circumstances they were extremely well- behaved and civilized.

> BTW, the 51st state is Washington DC.

That's never going happen. If it's a land thing then it can be returned to original constituent states. If its a political thing, forget it, not going to happen. The constitution never allowed for it be a political entity and it never will be. The ones who want more representation can move to Maryland.

> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> -+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<WJuoJ.40736$zF3.17555@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83648&group=sci.electronics.design#83648

per capita in nation
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 13:24:54 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 18:24 UTC

On 11/27/2021 1:05 PM, bitrex wrote:
> On 11/27/2021 12:48 PM, Rick C wrote:

>>> That's dumb
>>> It is and you're being weird
>>
>> Your debating skills are impressive to say the most.
>>

> I think the idea is very silly and not worth much "debate." The goal is
> to eliminate Covid-19 to as large a degree as possible as a viable
> threat. If they aren't taking the vaccine or don't want to wear a mask
> then pay them to! Send more, always more. If the carrot works one place
> then use the carrot.

IOW encouraging defiance is _not_ the goal and if people are howling
they're probably being defiant. The stick is not the appropriate tool,
sometimes, so try the carrot. Nobody is trying to make anyone into a
model citizen that's not the point.

Re: OT but important: Florida reports lowest daily coronavirus cases per capita in nation

<f0ea54b8-24ed-4275-8898-a6e923df7a53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=83649&group=sci.electronics.design#83649

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:43:52 -0800 (PST)
per capita in nation
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 18:43 UTC

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 2:05:19 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 11/27/2021 12:48 PM, Rick C wrote:

> >> That's dumb
> >> It is and you're being weird
> >
> > Your debating skills are impressive to say the most.
> >
> I think the idea is very silly and not worth much "debate."

Of course the idea is silly. It was a thought experiment. No one with a brain would think it was a serious suggestion... even here.

> The goal is
> to eliminate Covid-19 to as large a degree as possible as a viable
> threat.

The goal depends on who you ask. No small number of people feel the goal is to do an absolute minimum about the pandemic and keep the wheels rolling ignoring the fact that many of the problems we have are not from the cure, but from the disease itself.

> If they aren't taking the vaccine or don't want to wear a mask
> then pay them to! Send more, always more. If the carrot works one place
> then use the carrot. If the stick works somewhere else then use the stick..
>
> All tactics are valid when you're in a fight for your life and that's
> the pickle civilization finds itself in. What one governor wants to brag
> about today is irrelevant, take your wins where and how you get them.

Unfortunately, as Red Green said, "We are all in this together". The actions of everyone impact everyone else.

To me it is mind boggling that such a simple act as wearing a mask is treated with such derision. I don't agree with people resisting the vaccine, I understand *some* of their thinking, but mostly it is not thinking, it is emotional responses to who knows what. In the end all decisions are emotionally decided. Many of us tie our emotions to logic. Others tie their emotions to familiar things and can't accept something new, like an idea.