"Confound these ancestors.... They've stolen our best ideas!" -- Ben Jonson

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Mercury in direct motion

SubjectAuthor
* Mercury in direct motionkellehe...@gmail.com
`* Re: Mercury in direct motionkellehe...@gmail.com
 `* Re: Mercury in direct motionkellehe...@gmail.com
  `- Re: Mercury in direct motionkellehe...@gmail.com

1
Mercury in direct motion

<447b7e67-2f9e-45eb-94aa-37db65aca2e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8366&group=sci.astro.amateur#8366

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 02:19:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Mercury in direct motion
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 09:19 UTC

https://www.theplanetstoday.com/

In a week or so (scroll the dates forward), Mercury will pass behind the Sun moving from right to left and dazzling compared to its appearance as it passes from left to right between the central Sun and slower moving Earth-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2uCtot1aDg

The direct/retrograde motions of the slower moving planets are gauged against a stationary field of stars and the working principles of the first heliostatic researchers like Copernicus.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100613.html

Modelling for interpretative purposes is useful and it does contain predictive features, however, modelling a conclusion for purely speculative ends was always disruptive and overreaching.

Re: Mercury in direct motion

<9e162b81-9bf3-4014-97ed-d09a45565107n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8374&group=sci.astro.amateur#8374

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 11:45:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Mercury in direct motion
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Sun, 10 Jul 2022 18:45 UTC

Mercury is presently within range of the C3 camera which tracks with the Earth through space while being free of any daily rotational effects-

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

The observers see things as they really exists with the camera's focus on the central/stationary Sun while the background stars change position relative to the orbital plane as a function of the orbital motion of the Earth.

Re: Mercury in direct motion

<7e481a13-827f-41ce-9cf8-d62fc343a2e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8442&group=sci.astro.amateur#8442

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 08:49:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 15:49 UTC

Mercury has moved from right to left of the central Sun as seen from a slower moving Earth and therefore from a morning appearance to a twilight appearance soon enough.

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

There is also a CME event.

I could understand the difficulty for the original heliostatic researchers as all observations were reduced to diagrammatic expressions and would have attracted only a small audience, however, no such difficulty exists today so that it is now easily observable how direct/retrograde motions are partitioned by different uses of frameworks insofar as the slower moving planets use a stationary field of background stars-

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap011220.html

It is wonderful keeping the company of those astronomers who just didn't have the observations to distinguish the motions of the planets in a Sun-centred system in two different ways-

"Now what is said here of Jupiter is to be understood of Saturn and Mars also. In Saturn these retrogressions are somewhat more frequent than in Jupiter, because its motion is slower than Jupiter's, so that the Earth overtakes it in a shorter time. In Mars they are rarer, its motion being faster than that of Jupiter, so that the Earth spends more time in catching up with it. Next, as to Venus and Mercury, whose circles are included within that of the Earth, stoppings and retrograde motions appear in them also, due not to any motion that really exists in them, but to the annual motion of the Earth. This is acutely demonstrated by Copernicus . " Galileo

How to promote the distinctions to the wider community is only temporarily problematic as eventually the distinctions will be accepted.

Re: Mercury in direct motion

<e48c3f27-ee35-48b6-94f8-82375962f0adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8481&group=sci.astro.amateur#8481

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 02:51:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 09:51 UTC

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

A magnificent CME ends the spectacle where Mercury is farthest from the Earth in our mutual orbit around our parent/central star.

Like everything else, energy is our Eternal delight and we enjoy our ability to appreciate that we are part of the spectacle rather than just observers of it even if we discover it later in life.

The C3 camera will go quiet for a while, although Mercury will continue to run back and forth with its own particular traits just as all planets coming within range of the satellite possess individual characteristics as seen from a moving Earth.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Mercury in direct motion