"Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone." -- G. B. Stearn

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

SubjectAuthor
* Boston Dynamics is full of old HippiesDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
`* Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old HippiesSpehro Pefhany
 +* Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old HippiesDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
 |`* Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old HippiesSpehro Pefhany
 | `- Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old HippiesDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
 `* Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippiesjlarkin
  +* Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old HippiesSpehro Pefhany
  |`- Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old HippiesLasse Langwadt Christensen
  `- Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old HippiesDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

1
Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<som08i$rcp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84196&group=sci.electronics.design#84196

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:44:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:44 UTC

I want some of what these guys are smoking...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZH4izf_rI>

Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<rh10rg9o5r11lnqdvmbpeurpgnu53ab8kt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84241&group=sci.electronics.design#84241

From: speffS...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat (Spehro Pefhany)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 20:14:12 -0500
 by: Spehro Pefhany - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 01:14 UTC

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:44:51 -0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

>I want some of what these guys are smoking...
>
><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZH4izf_rI>

Considering their new owner they should be doing Oppa Gangnam style.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<sopbuc$dj5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84253&group=sci.electronics.design#84253

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 04:22:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 04:22 UTC

Spehro Pefhany <speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote in

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:44:51 -0000 (UTC),
> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
>
>>I want some of what these guys are smoking...
>>
>><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZH4izf_rI>
>
> Considering their new owner they should be doing Oppa Gangnam style.

I don't want any of what they're smoking.

I laser burned a hex tile ceramic glazed bathroom tile (Mexico).
I thought they would make nice coasters. Thing is they are pretty
brittle and scratch surfaces the unfinished side of the tiles touch.
So I made a 3D printed cradle for the hex tile to sit in.

So now I have coasters that are so huge that nobody would serve
guests using them. So I decide that they are "man sized" coffee cup
coasters. I could probably sell that. But nobody would pay that much
for a personalized laser burned tile and cradle... or would they?

Maybe huge coasters will become a man cave fad... or not. :-)

<https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p7ktdxcznvkxd/GiantCoaster>

Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<70d0rghnuv0srjda9hfntoc6mqk80ggf27@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84255&group=sci.electronics.design#84255

From: speffS...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat (Spehro Pefhany)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 23:27:12 -0500
 by: Spehro Pefhany - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 04:27 UTC

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 04:22:36 -0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

>Spehro Pefhany <speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote in
>
>> On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:44:51 -0000 (UTC),
>> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
>>
>>>I want some of what these guys are smoking...
>>>
>>><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZH4izf_rI>
>>
>> Considering their new owner they should be doing Oppa Gangnam style.
>>

> I don't want any of what they're smoking.
>
> I laser burned a hex tile ceramic glazed bathroom tile (Mexico).
>I thought they would make nice coasters. Thing is they are pretty
>brittle and scratch surfaces the unfinished side of the tiles touch.
>So I made a 3D printed cradle for the hex tile to sit in.
>
> So now I have coasters that are so huge that nobody would serve
>guests using them. So I decide that they are "man sized" coffee cup
>coasters. I could probably sell that. But nobody would pay that much
>for a personalized laser burned tile and cradle... or would they?
>
>Maybe huge coasters will become a man cave fad... or not. :-)
>
><https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p7ktdxcznvkxd/GiantCoaster>

Maybe stick them on Etsy and see what happens. Market research like
that is free.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<sopiu0$8uj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84259&group=sci.electronics.design#84259

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 06:21:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 06:21 UTC

> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 04:22:36 -0000 (UTC),
> DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
>
>>Spehro Pefhany <speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote in

>>> Considering their new owner they should be doing Oppa Gangnam
>>> style.
>>>

>> I don't want any of what they're smoking.
>>
>> I laser burned a hex tile ceramic glazed bathroom tile (Mexico).
>>I thought they would make nice coasters. Thing is they are pretty
>>brittle and scratch surfaces the unfinished side of the tiles
>>touch. So I made a 3D printed cradle for the hex tile to sit in.
>>
>> So now I have coasters that are so huge that nobody would serve
>>guests using them. So I decide that they are "man sized" coffee
>>cup coasters. I could probably sell that. But nobody would pay
>>that much for a personalized laser burned tile and cradle... or
>>would they?
>>
>>Maybe huge coasters will become a man cave fad... or not. :-)
>>
>><https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p7ktdxcznvkxd/GiantCoaster>
>
> Maybe stick them on Etsy and see what happens. Market research
> like that is free.

It takes ten hours just to print one. Another couple hours for
each laser burn session too. Maybe if I had a second printer I could
print things 24/7 on one and do one-off protos on the other. I'd
have to get $30 each for them at this point.

Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<r2e1rghh6mbms3qku6si1rao2tj7cq20d0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84273&group=sci.electronics.design#84273

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 05:53:04 -0800
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 13:53 UTC

On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 20:14:12 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
<speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:44:51 -0000 (UTC),
>DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
>
>>I want some of what these guys are smoking...
>>
>><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZH4izf_rI>
>
>Considering their new owner they should be doing Oppa Gangnam style.

What is the business model for dancing dog robots?

--

Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was

Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<lug1rgta3h48qttr07agb99um1bjng0bq6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84285&group=sci.electronics.design#84285

From: speffS...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat (Spehro Pefhany)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 11:15:20 -0500
 by: Spehro Pefhany - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 16:15 UTC

On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 05:53:04 -0800, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
wrote:

>On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 20:14:12 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
><speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:44:51 -0000 (UTC),
>>DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
>>
>>>I want some of what these guys are smoking...
>>>
>>><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZH4izf_rI>
>>
>>Considering their new owner they should be doing Oppa Gangnam style.
>
>What is the business model for dancing dog robots?

Maybe there is one. I wouldn't have thought that Twitch streaming
gamers could make millions and millions of dollars each. Or that NFTs
would sell for a fortune.

Intel sells 500+ drone light shows for $300k+

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/technology-innovation/intel-drone-light-shows.html

You'd have to think that an in-person dancing robot dog (or ice
skating robot dog) performance would be pretty noisy though. They
would probably just crank the music up to ear-splitting level.
--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<sorgu9$1qac$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84302&group=sci.electronics.design#84302

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 00:00:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 00:00 UTC

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in

> On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 20:14:12 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
> <speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:44:51 -0000 (UTC),
>>DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
>>
>>>I want some of what these guys are smoking...
>>>
>>><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZH4izf_rI>
>>
>>Considering their new owner they should be doing Oppa Gangnam style.
>
> What is the business model for dancing dog robots?

People are snapping them up at $75k each plus for options.

Swarm programming has a lot of uses.

Re: Boston Dynamics is full of old Hippies

<a17701cf-894e-471b-b26f-b08284819d55n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84303&group=sci.electronics.design#84303

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 16:03:28 -0800 (PST)
From: langw...@fonz.dk (Lasse Langwadt Christensen)
 by: Lasse Langwadt Chris - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 00:03 UTC

onsdag den 8. december 2021 kl. 17.15.30 UTC+1 skrev Spehro Pefhany:
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 05:53:04 -0800, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com
> wrote:
> >On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 20:14:12 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
> ><spef...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

> >>Considering their new owner they should be doing Oppa Gangnam style.
> >
> >What is the business model for dancing dog robots?
> Maybe there is one. I wouldn't have thought that Twitch streaming
> gamers could make millions and millions of dollars each.

doesn't those usually barely covered tits and ass, so not so surprising?