Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 09:20:54 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Subject: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V35
 by: olcott - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 15:20 UTC

When-so-ever simulating halt decider H(X,Y) determines that the
simulated behavior of its input correctly matches a infinite behavior
pattern such that the input would never stop running unless its
simulation is aborted H correctly aborts this input and returns 0.

// Simplified Linz(1990) Ĥ and Strachey(1965) P
void P(u32 x)
{ if (H(x, x))
HERE: goto HERE;
}

This correctly eliminates the pathological feedback loop between the
halt decider and its input that otherwise make input like the above
input impossible for H(P,P) to decide.

Halting problem undecidability and infinitely nested simulation V2

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/356105750_Halting_problem_undecidability_and_infinitely_nested_simulation_V2

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V35

<sodncn$1hp1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84620&group=sci.math#84620

From: bbc...@uioas.ar (Harif Kuloo)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 18:24:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Harif Kuloo - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 18:24 UTC

olcott wrote:

> When-so-ever simulating halt decider H(X,Y) determines that the
> simulated behavior of its input correctly matches a infinite behavior
> pattern such that the input would never stop running unless its
> simulation is aborted H correctly aborts this input and returns 0.

“The COVID-19 Vaccines DO NOT Prevent Transmission of the Disease” –
Judge Doughty’s Ruling Destroys Biden’s Vax Mandates

tech / sci.math / Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V35