If it has syntax, it isn't user friendly.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Insults on sci.physics.relativity

SubjectAuthor
* Insults on sci.physics.relativityRichard Hachel
+* Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativityOdd Bodkin
|`* Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativityRichard Hachel
| `- Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativityOdd Bodkin
+- Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativityRichard Hachel
`- Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativityZacaree Kapun

1
Insults on sci.physics.relativity

<bNAf6YP7Ah-nu3uRZIsFj-_FIog@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84605&group=sci.physics.relativity#84605

Subject: Insults on sci.physics.relativity
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: Fx_x2V7VV3xpiM9iOAaNhxTxxWQ
JNTP-ThreadID: 78oqpFiDCIRqokDnm0-pzvwniCs
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=bNAf6YP7Ah-nu3uRZIsFj-_FIog@jntp
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 22 15:18:29 +0000
From: r.hac...@tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:18 UTC

Coucou les amis!

It is a pity that people insult each other because sometimes some say
interesting things, including among relativists, and including among
anti-relativists.

In the case of the famous Tau Ceti problem, I am sure that if a few
anti-relativistic Internet users are asked to give me the correct answer
for the time taken by the rocket driver, they will give me the correct
answer.

But I'm also sure that if I ask a relativist for the travel time measured
by an Earth observer, he too will give me a good answer.

One will tell me that the journey will last 4 years and 283 days for the
rocket driver, and the other will tell me that the journey will last 12
years and 333 days for the observer who remains on earth.

Both will be right. And the two will nevertheless kill each other and
insult each other.

And yet, not all relativists are hoodlums. Not all anti-relativists are
bandits. Some have wives, children, a job, a house, and behave very well
in life.

But as soon as they come to the forums, they insult each other.

If so, they don't even know clearly why.

They just do it like that.

For nothing.

For fun.

R.H.

Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativity

<t058bu$n14$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84607&group=sci.physics.relativity#84607

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:29:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:29 UTC

Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> Coucou les amis!
>
> It is a pity that people insult each other because sometimes some say
> interesting things, including among relativists, and including among
> anti-relativists.
>
> In the case of the famous Tau Ceti problem, I am sure that if a few
> anti-relativistic Internet users are asked to give me the correct answer
> for the time taken by the rocket driver, they will give me the correct
> answer.
>
> But I'm also sure that if I ask a relativist for the travel time measured
> by an Earth observer, he too will give me a good answer.
>
> One will tell me that the journey will last 4 years and 283 days for the
> rocket driver, and the other will tell me that the journey will last 12
> years and 333 days for the observer who remains on earth.
>
> Both will be right. And the two will nevertheless kill each other and
> insult each other.
>
> And yet, not all relativists are hoodlums. Not all anti-relativists are
> bandits. Some have wives, children, a job, a house, and behave very well
> in life.
>
> But as soon as they come to the forums, they insult each other.
>
> If so, they don't even know clearly why.
>
> They just do it like that.
>
> For nothing.
>
> For fun.
>
> R.H.

The takeaway for you should be that the forums are not the place to learn
relativity, and that you should be learning from a book instead. I have
suggested a book that we could work through together. Do you have any
interest in doing that? If not, why not?

Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativity

<9NI28cLAoRHXT2uSK4EdcVhUczM@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84609&group=sci.physics.relativity#84609

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: EKU12SigGbk5K4RkLdZ75P-gxAc
JNTP-ThreadID: 78oqpFiDCIRqokDnm0-pzvwniCs
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=9NI28cLAoRHXT2uSK4EdcVhUczM@jntp
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 22 15:42:07 +0000
From: r.hac...@tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:42 UTC

Le 07/03/2022 à 16:29, Odd Bodkin a écrit :
> The takeaway for you should be that the forums are not the place to learn
> relativity, and that you should be learning from a book instead. I have
> suggested a book that we could work through together. Do you have any
> interest in doing that? If not, why not?

Jesus Christ said (and he was a very good guy), that it was not good to
patch an old suit with pieces cut from a new suit. Neither do you put new
wine into old rotten skins, otherwise the skins burst and the wine is
wasted.

Otherwise, yes, it seems obvious to me that it would be necessary to
rewrite a small work of a few pages, dealing with the theory of
relativity.

I've thought it's necessary for decades.

But for that, the relativists would have to abandon some rotten ideas
(like Minkowski's space-time, Langevin's time gap) while keeping the good
ones (like Lorentz's transformers, and many equations which are quite done
right).

Anti-relativists should also make the effort to study the theory as I
present it (it's different from what they learned in college) and see that
the things said by me are much more coherent than what they read in the
newspapers (and which are obviously sometimes rotten).

R.H.

Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativity

<AOSk8nZVf7-KmiPxctMozN_IPlw@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84610&group=sci.physics.relativity#84610

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: 3fRLK6zkI1dJXim5Q_s5IEZNypg
JNTP-ThreadID: 78oqpFiDCIRqokDnm0-pzvwniCs
JNTP-ReferenceUserID: 4@news2.nemoweb.net
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=AOSk8nZVf7-KmiPxctMozN_IPlw@jntp
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 22 15:44:21 +0000
From: r.hac...@tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:44 UTC

Le 07/03/2022 à 16:18, Richard Hachel a écrit :
> Coucou les amis!
>
> It is a pity that people insult each other because sometimes some say
> interesting things, including among relativists, and including among
> anti-relativists.
>
> In the case of the famous Tau Ceti problem, I am sure that if a few
> anti-relativistic Internet users are asked to give me the correct answer for the
> time taken by the rocket driver, they will give me the correct answer.
>
> But I'm also sure that if I ask a relativist for the travel time measured by an
> Earth observer, he too will give me a good answer.
>
> One will tell me that the journey will last 4 years and 283 days for the rocket
> driver, and the other will tell me that the journey will last 12 years and 333
> days for the observer who remains on earth.
>
> Both will be right. And the two will nevertheless kill each other and insult
> each other.
>
> And yet, not all relativists are hoodlums. Not all anti-relativists are bandits.
> Some have wives, children, a job, a house, and behave very well in life.
>
> But as soon as they come to the forums, they insult each other.
>
> If so, they don't even know clearly why.
>
> They just do it like that.
>
> For nothing.
>
> For fun.
>
> R.H.

<http://news2.nemoweb.net/jntp?AOSk8nZVf7-KmiPxctMozN_IPlw@jntp/Data.Media:1>

R.H.

Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativity

<t059n5$1f6k$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84611&group=sci.physics.relativity#84611

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:52:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:52 UTC

Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> Le 07/03/2022 à 16:29, Odd Bodkin a écrit :
>> The takeaway for you should be that the forums are not the place to learn
>> relativity, and that you should be learning from a book instead. I have
>> suggested a book that we could work through together. Do you have any
>> interest in doing that? If not, why not?
>
> Jesus Christ said (and he was a very good guy), that it was not good to
> patch an old suit with pieces cut from a new suit. Neither do you put new
> wine into old rotten skins, otherwise the skins burst and the wine is
> wasted.

Let’s be clear. You’ve not read any of the textbooks, and so you have not
seen the wineskin to know that it is rotten. Instead, you perhaps have had
conversations on forums like this one, where you concluded you do not need
to look at the wineskins because someone told you that they are rotten.
This saved you the work of actually looking at the wineskin yourself, which
you don’t really want to do anyway.

This is the kind of feeble excuse that many use on this group, because they
are not interested in the subject enough to warrant actually looking at
books or doing any work.

Instead, they’d rather hawk their own wineskins and insist that they are of
higher quality than the wineskins they’ve never looked at.

> Otherwise, yes, it seems obvious to me that it would be necessary to
> rewrite a small work of a few pages, dealing with the theory of
> relativity.
>
> I've thought it's necessary for decades.
>
> But for that, the relativists would have to abandon some rotten ideas
> (like Minkowski's space-time, Langevin's time gap) while keeping the good
> ones (like Lorentz's transformers, and many equations which are quite done
> right).
>
> Anti-relativists should also make the effort to study the theory as I
> present it (it's different from what they learned in college) and see that
> the things said by me are much more coherent than what they read in the
> newspapers (and which are obviously sometimes rotten).
>
> R.H.

Re: Insults on sci.physics.relativity

<t05a4t$1and$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84612&group=sci.physics.relativity#84612

From: zka...@utnbde.jp (Zacaree Kapun)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:59:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Zacaree Kapun - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 15:59 UTC

Richard Hachel wrote:

> Coucou les amis!
> It is a pity that people insult each other because sometimes some say
> interesting things, including among relativists, and including among
> anti-relativists.

RUSSIA SAVES EUROPE FROM NUCLEAR DISASTER...
https://www.bitchute.com/video/fl86YAfeJobU/

Evidence of crimes against Humanity from the Zelensky government
https://www.bitchute.com/video/siS8OpaCj6y3/

Ukrainian sapper filmed by local resident laying a bottle of incendiary
spirit_explosive on a kid’s https://www.bitchute.com/video/7AZImlDdI98B/

OIL PRICES SKYROCKET AS NATO ENTERS UKRAINE USING MERCENARIES
https://www.bitchute.com/video/0pLv7Y8pT4Or/