Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 01:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cyclical weather and climate
From: kelleher...@gmail.com (kellehe...@gmail.com)
 by: kellehe...@gmail.com - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 08:45 UTC

It is impossible to research the Earth science without the links between planetary dynamics and planetary climate even if it doesn't stop that disruptive crowd from trying to make weather an open-ended affair.

The fault is not found in the meteorological community who have given themselves unwarranted stature by trying to extend computer modelling of short term weather events (which is entirely useful) into modelling climate as long term weather.

Research into planetary climate is grounded in cyclical weather such as the seasons. Two surface rotations acting in combination create differences in weather/temperature conditions across the atmosphere, ocean and landmasses as our planet orbits the Sun so climate refers to the range and speed of those changes across latitudes and this depends on inclination to the orbital plane, for our planet and all others-

https://calgary.rasc.ca/images/planet_inclinations.gif

The meteorologists have nobody to rein them in as the deficiencies inherent in the original explanation by Copernicus have never been resolved.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Cyclical weather and climate