Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 16:13:00 -0800
From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: there is no defense...
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 00:13 UTC

https://sgp.fas.org/eprint/einstein.html

https://cdn.drouot.com/d/image/lot?size=phare&path=78/101964/183.jpg

Dear Friend:

I write to you for help at the suggestion of a friend.

Through the release of atomic energy, our generation has brought into
the world the most revolutionary force since prehistoric man's discovery
of fire. This basic power of the universe cannot be fitted into the
outmoded concept of narrow nationalisms. For there is no secret and
there is no defense; there is no possibility of control except through
the aroused understanding and insistence of the peoples of the world.

We scientists recognize our inescapable responsibility to carry to our
fellow citizens an understanding of the simple facts of atomic energy
and its implications for society. In this lies our only security and our
only hope -- we believe that an informed citizenry will act for life and
not death.

We need $1,000,000 for this great educational task. Sustained by faith
in man's ability to control his destiny through the exercise of reason,
we have pledged all our strength and our knowledge to this work. I do
not hesitate to call upon you to help.

Faithfully yours,

[A. Einstein]

add another million and will take care of those Monster Asteriods for
you...

Germ Warfare...add another million.

"We scientists recognize our inescapable responsibility..."
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: there is no defense...

<j90bcmFhht9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=84952&group=sci.physics.relativity#84952

From: ttt_...@web.de (Thomas Heger)
Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: there is no defense...
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 08:17:41 +0100
 by: Thomas Heger - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 07:17 UTC

Am 11.03.2022 um 01:13 schrieb The Starmaker:
> https://sgp.fas.org/eprint/einstein.html
>
> https://cdn.drouot.com/d/image/lot?size=phare&path=78/101964/183.jpg
>
> Dear Friend:
>
> I write to you for help at the suggestion of a friend.
>
> Through the release of atomic energy, our generation has brought into
> the world the most revolutionary force since prehistoric man's discovery
> of fire. This basic power of the universe cannot be fitted into the
> outmoded concept of narrow nationalisms. For there is no secret and
> there is no defense; there is no possibility of control except through
> the aroused understanding and insistence of the peoples of the world.
>
> We scientists recognize our inescapable responsibility to carry to our
> fellow citizens an understanding of the simple facts of atomic energy
> and its implications for society. In this lies our only security and our
> only hope -- we believe that an informed citizenry will act for life and
> not death.

It is actually wise to avoid military conflicts altogether. but atomoc
bombs are just too desasterous to even think about them.

They could eventually wipe out mankind altogether or destroy the entire
planet.

But how could we avoid wars?

Well, that is actually difficult.

Most people do not think much further than their nose is long, while
having appatite for wealth and power.

To overcome the problem, we need to think about other means to solve our
problems than war.

War is by all possible means the most destructive activity, humans could
possibly have.

So we need to think more in positive, creative terms, rather than to
grab things, which are not ours.

Positive, healthy and creative actions make us benefit from our doings
afterwards, while destruction does the opposite.

So we could try to understand other nations, rather then impose our will
on them.

We could try to help others, rather than robbing their belongings.

We could forgive, rather than seek revenge.

And we could clean up the mess we made, rather than litter the entire
planet with our waste.

All such things are better than destruction and could evetually prevent
wars.

TH
> I need $1,000,000 for this great educational task. Sustained by faith
> in man's ability to control his destiny through the exercise of reason,
> we have pledged all our strength and our knowledge to this work. I do
> not hesitate to call upon you to help.
>
> Faithfully yours,
>
> [Thomas Heger]

Re: there is no defense...

<622CF35D.1EBB@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85048&group=sci.physics.relativity#85048

Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 11:24:13 -0800
From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
 by: The Starmaker - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:24 UTC

So, when is President Biden going to announce he will turn on the ...Air Raid Sirens?

_.-^^---....,,--
_-- --_
< >)
| |
\._ _./
```--. . , ; .--'''
| | |
.-=|| | |=-.
`-=#$%&%$#=-'
| ; :|
_____.,-#%&$@%#&#~,._____

_ ._ _ , _ ._
(_ ' ( ` )_ .__)
( ( ( ) `) ) _)
(__ (_ (_ . _) _) ,__)
`~~`\ ' . /`~~`
; ;
/ \
_____________/_ __ \_____________

eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thomas Heger wrote:

> Am 11.03.2022 um 01:13 schrieb The Starmaker:
> > https://sgp.fas.org/eprint/einstein.html
> >
> > https://cdn.drouot.com/d/image/lot?size=phare&path=78/101964/183.jpg
> >
> > Dear Friend:
> >
> > I write to you for help at the suggestion of a friend.
> >
> > Through the release of atomic energy, our generation has brought into
> > the world the most revolutionary force since prehistoric man's discovery
> > of fire. This basic power of the universe cannot be fitted into the
> > outmoded concept of narrow nationalisms. For there is no secret and
> > there is no defense; there is no possibility of control except through
> > the aroused understanding and insistence of the peoples of the world.
> >
> > We scientists recognize our inescapable responsibility to carry to our
> > fellow citizens an understanding of the simple facts of atomic energy
> > and its implications for society. In this lies our only security and our
> > only hope -- we believe that an informed citizenry will act for life and
> > not death.
>
> It is actually wise to avoid military conflicts altogether. but atomoc
> bombs are just too desasterous to even think about them.
>
> They could eventually wipe out mankind altogether or destroy the entire
> planet.
>
> But how could we avoid wars?
>
> Well, that is actually difficult.
>
> Most people do not think much further than their nose is long, while
> having appatite for wealth and power.
>
> To overcome the problem, we need to think about other means to solve our
> problems than war.
>
> War is by all possible means the most destructive activity, humans could
> possibly have.
>
> So we need to think more in positive, creative terms, rather than to
> grab things, which are not ours.
>
> Positive, healthy and creative actions make us benefit from our doings
> afterwards, while destruction does the opposite.
>
> So we could try to understand other nations, rather then impose our will
> on them.
>
> We could try to help others, rather than robbing their belongings.
>
> We could forgive, rather than seek revenge.
>
> And we could clean up the mess we made, rather than litter the entire
> planet with our waste.
>
> All such things are better than destruction and could evetually prevent
> wars.
>
> TH
> > I need $1,000,000 for this great educational task. Sustained by faith
> > in man's ability to control his destiny through the exercise of reason,
> > we have pledged all our strength and our knowledge to this work. I do
> > not hesitate to call upon you to help.
> >
> > Faithfully yours,
> >
> > [Thomas Heger]

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: there is no defense...

<Eu6XJ.151468$Tr18.57124@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85049&group=sci.physics.relativity#85049

Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: ChopS...@catfooyong.com (ChopSuey)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:27:32 GMT
 by: ChopSuey - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:27 UTC

On 2022-03-12, The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> So, when is President Biden going to announce he will turn on the ...Air Raid Sirens?

Based upon everything else Joe Biden has managed to botch, I say he will turn them on shortly after
the nation has been turned to ashes.

--
ChopSuey
No, I haven't seen your cat.

Re: there is no defense...

<t0it52$b6e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85052&group=sci.physics.relativity#85052

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:43:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:43 UTC

On 2022-03-12, ChopSuey <ChopSuey@catfooyong.com> wrote:
> On 2022-03-12, The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>> So, when is President Biden going to announce he will turn on the ...Air Raid Sirens?
>>

> Based upon everything else Joe Biden has managed to botch, I say he will turn them on shortly after
> the nation has been turned to ashes.

Joe Biden is like a parachute that opens upon impact.
A complete and utter failure.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024