Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 14:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Animals and Careless People
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 21:24 UTC

When I got my coffee and snack at Mission Coffee I went out in the back where there are some chairs and you can sit in the sun. There were a couple of people there with a Wolf.

I know what a wolf looks like since I have seen them both in the wild and sled teams that for some reason have the idea that wolves make a better sled team than Huskies or Samoyans.

This animal looked terrible with his hair falling out and he was in so much pain that he couldn't stand still. It looked to me like the poor animal had never been taken to the vet once. He had to be covered with fleas but he was so weak that he couldn't scratch them.

As I was leaving I questioned them about him and very much to my surprise they didn't know much about wolves. Perhaps they were giving him a vegetarian diet which would account for his looks and very advanced arthritis. The wolf could tell I was concerned about him and came over and stuck his nose into my hand while he was staying as far away from his owners as possible. I was careful petting him since he was so ill but he wagged his tail a little. That was the first sign that he had any break in his constant pain.

In my riding I have seen many strange things but that was one of the unhappiest I can remember. I have no idea of how they got him to the coffee shop since I'm sure he couldn't get into or out of a car without them lifting him and the old lady looked like she could barely lift herself. Her son didn't even notice the pain the animal was in. Either that or didn't care. The Wolf looked very old but it could have been that the animal had been beaten causing such pain over time. Wolves do not tame easily and he very well may have been broken. May God take care of His own.