If loving linux is wrong, I dont wanna be right. -- Topic for #LinuxGER

tech / sci.electronics.design / Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

SubjectAuthor
* Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of PFred Bloggs
+* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofCursitor Doom
|+- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofwmartin
|+* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesFred Bloggs
||`* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesAnthony William Sloman
|| `* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesFred Bloggs
||  +* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesRick C
||  |+- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesAnthony William Sloman
||  |`- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofMartin Brown
||  `* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesAnthony William Sloman
||   `* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesFred Bloggs
||    `- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesAnthony William Sloman
|+* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofbitrex
||`* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesRick C
|| `- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofbitrex
|`* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofJasen Betts
| `- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesFred Bloggs
+* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer?s COVID-19 Oral AnJohn Larkin
|+* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesRick C
||`- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesFred Bloggs
|+* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesFred Bloggs
||`- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofbitrex
|`- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesFred Bloggs
`* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofSylvia Else
 +- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesFred Bloggs
 +* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer?s COVID-19 Oral Anjlarkin
 |+* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesRick C
 ||`- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofbitrex
 |`- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofbitrex
 `* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesRick C
  `* Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses ofSylvia Else
   `- Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million CoursesPhil Allison

Pages:12
Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<dc895f80-4cfe-4c6f-a628-9181256bf845n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85557&group=sci.electronics.design#85557

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:47:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Biden_Administration_Secures_10_Million_Courses_of_P
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:47 UTC

As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.

FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<sq0bvb$s35$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85565&group=sci.electronics.design#85565

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re:_Biden_Administration_Secures_10_Million_Courses_of_
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 23:22:19 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 23:22 UTC

On 22/12/2021 20:47, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
>
> The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
>
> FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
>
> https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html

I'll bet Biden and his cronies won't be taking it.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<sq0g6a$j2k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85572&group=sci.electronics.design#85572

From: wwm...@wwmartin.net (wmartin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 16:34:18 -0800
 by: wmartin - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 00:34 UTC

On 12/22/21 3:22 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On 22/12/2021 20:47, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce
>> hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured
>> 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral
>> antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or
>> approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
>>
>> The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat
>> non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are
>> at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to
>> hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results
>> of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment
>> course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of
>> hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in
>> patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results
>> were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
>>
>> FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral
>> curative available.
>>
>> https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
>>

> I'll bet Biden and his cronies won't be taking it.
wellll, why would you unless you know you are Covid-sick already? It's
not a preventative.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer?s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<88i7sgpf24npgpo5ue7jd880loih66jhve@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85576&group=sci.electronics.design#85576

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer???s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 16:58:09 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 00:58 UTC

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:47:20 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
>
>The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
>
>FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
>
>https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html

I think it's $500 per course. 5 billion dollars.

There are apparently cheaper drugs that treat covid, but the FDA
doesn't like cheap.

--

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts,
but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<fc6ed1e3-6dcb-4f77-b45d-b0f990ad839bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85581&group=sci.electronics.design#85581

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 17:18:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Biden_Administration_Secures_10_Million_Courses_
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 01:18 UTC

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 8:58:19 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:47:20 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> >
> >The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> >
> >FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> >
> >https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> I think it's $500 per course. 5 billion dollars.
>
> There are apparently cheaper drugs that treat covid, but the FDA
> doesn't like cheap.

Not to mention the horses don't like you taking their medicine.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<def671d0-18c2-4d8b-b18c-748accbc87fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85583&group=sci.electronics.design#85583

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 17:25:26 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 01:25 UTC

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 7:58:19 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:47:20 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> >
> >The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> >
> >FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> >
> >https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> I think it's $500 per course. 5 billion dollars.
>
> There are apparently cheaper drugs that treat covid, but the FDA
> doesn't like cheap.

$500 for a new intro antiviral is about as cheap as it gets.

> --
>
> If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts,
> but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.
> Francis Bacon

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<606688ab-85ce-4226-a431-bf34dbd2d392n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85586&group=sci.electronics.design#85586

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 17:31:53 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 01:31 UTC

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 6:22:25 PM UTC-5, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On 22/12/2021 20:47, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> >
> > The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> >
> > FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> >
> > https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> >
> I'll bet Biden and his cronies won't be taking it.

What makes you say that? Biden has been quite brave so far, and a drug is far safer than a vaccine.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<88e6ff16-7f83-431e-a1c8-b398645aff2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85596&group=sci.electronics.design#85596

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:38:53 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 03:38 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 12:31:56 PM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 6:22:25 PM UTC-5, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> > On 22/12/2021 20:47, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > >
> > > As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> > >
> > > The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> > >
> > > FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> > >
> > > https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> > >
> > I'll bet Biden and his cronies won't be taking it.
>
> What makes you say that? Biden has been quite brave so far, and a drug is far safer than a vaccine.

Why on earth should a drug be "far safer" than a vaccine? This drug is apparently designed to block the Covid-19 replication enzyme., and isn't known to block any human enzyme, but not every human has quite the same set of enzymes.

Vaccines have their own ways of being unsafe, and the rare complications that have come up for the Astra-Zeneca and Pfizer vaccines are decidedly improbable - and rather different - interactions.

As fatuous generalisations go, this is more fatuous than most.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<UYVwJ.84990$zF3.56575@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85603&group=sci.electronics.design#85603

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 02:56:36 -0500
 by: bitrex - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 07:56 UTC

On 12/22/2021 8:25 PM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 7:58:19 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:47:20 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
>>>
>>> The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
>>>
>>> FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
>>>
>>> https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
>> I think it's $500 per course. 5 billion dollars.
>>
>> There are apparently cheaper drugs that treat covid, but the FDA
>> doesn't like cheap.
>

> $500 for a new intro antiviral is about as cheap as it gets.

You could probably ask your local healthcare provider/ER/urgent care
center for it sometime around Christmas 2022 and they're still not gonna
know what you're talking about, or where to get it even if they did.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<S1WwJ.85037$zF3.75502@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85604&group=sci.electronics.design#85604

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 03:01:53 -0500
 by: bitrex - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:01 UTC

On 12/22/2021 6:22 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On 22/12/2021 20:47, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce
>> hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured
>> 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral
>> antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or
>> approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
>>
>> The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat
>> non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are
>> at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to
>> hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results
>> of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment
>> course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of
>> hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in
>> patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results
>> were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
>>
>> FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral
>> curative available.
>>
>> https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
>>

> I'll bet Biden and his cronies won't be taking it.

Go into the average hospital in the US with Covid symptoms babbling
about some experimental treatment the Biden administration has recently
authorized that you read about on hhs.gov and demanding they find some
and give it to you, and they're as likely to send you to the psychiatric
unit as anywhere else.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<j2irnqFljoqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85606&group=sci.electronics.design#85606

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:53:14 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:53 UTC

On 23-Dec-21 7:47 am, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
>
> The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
>
> FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
>
> https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html

It should be reserved for those who've been vaccinated, or have a
genuine medical reason for not being.

Otherwise we're just making it easier for the anti-vaxxer gene to reproduce.

Sylvia.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<b2dd4d48-9b17-473d-8071-055e2d7e9351n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85624&group=sci.electronics.design#85624

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 05:24:50 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 13:24 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 3:53:21 AM UTC-5, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 23-Dec-21 7:47 am, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> >
> > The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> >
> > FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> >
> > https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> It should be reserved for those who've been vaccinated, or have a
> genuine medical reason for not being.
>
> Otherwise we're just making it easier for the anti-vaxxer gene to reproduce.

It will prescribed for people progressing to requiring hospitalization in the opinion of the lead physician. It won't be given to people who merely develop symptoms. Those symptoms must be progressive or especially damaging in some way.

There are people on the NG who have no idea of how these drugs work and ridicule them. But as time moves on and they get older and more susceptible to death by virus, they will
drop to their knees and thank God we have such drugs.

> Sylvia.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<bfe6d074-3ae5-481c-9f84-597322c4a74bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85625&group=sci.electronics.design#85625

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 05:29:52 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 13:29 UTC

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 10:38:56 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 12:31:56 PM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > I'll bet Biden and his cronies won't be taking it.
> >
> > What makes you say that? Biden has been quite brave so far, and a drug is far safer than a vaccine.
> Why on earth should a drug be "far safer" than a vaccine? This drug is apparently designed to block the Covid-19 replication enzyme., and isn't known to block any human enzyme, but not every human has quite the same set of enzymes.
>
> Vaccines have their own ways of being unsafe, and the rare complications that have come up for the Astra-Zeneca and Pfizer vaccines are decidedly improbable - and rather different - interactions.
>
> As fatuous generalisations go, this is more fatuous than most.

Just more of your nearly insane speculation completely out of touch with the reality of the science and the particular context of this drug's development and testing. Drugs are inherently safer because once cleared by the liver they are permanently gone from the system.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<f0b5ef76-af7c-47f4-a4f4-071460a21a19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85626&group=sci.electronics.design#85626

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 05:31:48 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 13:31 UTC

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 8:18:06 PM UTC-5, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 8:58:19 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:47:20 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> > <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> > >
> > >The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> > >
> > >FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> > >
> > >https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> > I think it's $500 per course. 5 billion dollars.
> >
> > There are apparently cheaper drugs that treat covid, but the FDA
> > doesn't like cheap.
> Not to mention the horses don't like you taking their medicine.

Ivermectin is an antifungal, paxlovid ia an antiviral.

> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<f96245e3-ac58-4e12-be61-50186e767f9cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85627&group=sci.electronics.design#85627

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 05:33:02 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 13:33 UTC

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 7:58:19 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:47:20 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> >
> >The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> >
> >FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> >
> >https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> I think it's $500 per course. 5 billion dollars.
>
> There are apparently cheaper drugs that treat covid, but the FDA
> doesn't like cheap.

The drug is a cheap price to pay to avoid a hospitalization.

> --
>
> If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts,
> but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.
> Francis Bacon

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer?s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<3c79sg985vlo0ell2bpnqn14aj7k3ebr3h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85638&group=sci.electronics.design#85638

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:02:37 -0800
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 16:02 UTC

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:53:14 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>On 23-Dec-21 7:47 am, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
>>
>> The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
>>
>> FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
>>
>> https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
>
>It should be reserved for those who've been vaccinated, or have a
>genuine medical reason for not being.
>
>Otherwise we're just making it easier for the anti-vaxxer gene to reproduce.
>
>Sylvia.

Right, kill people that you don't like.

--

I yam what I yam - Popeye

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<eecbd87c-21fc-4526-aabb-fe626c96deb9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85642&group=sci.electronics.design#85642

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:50:11 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 16:50 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 4:02:00 AM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 12/22/2021 6:22 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> > On 22/12/2021 20:47, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> >> As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce
> >> hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured
> >> 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral
> >> antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or
> >> approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> >>
> >> The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat
> >> non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are
> >> at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to
> >> hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results
> >> of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment
> >> course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of
> >> hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in
> >> patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results
> >> were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> >>
> >> FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral
> >> curative available.
> >>
> >> https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> >>

> > I'll bet Biden and his cronies won't be taking it.
> Go into the average hospital in the US with Covid symptoms babbling
> about some experimental treatment the Biden administration has recently
> authorized that you read about on hhs.gov and demanding they find some
> and give it to you, and they're as likely to send you to the psychiatric
> unit as anywhere else.

He knows this from experience... Just sayin'!

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<bd89c899-1f0b-4e4a-946e-06077349ef0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85643&group=sci.electronics.design#85643

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:51:07 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 16:51 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 4:53:21 AM UTC-4, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 23-Dec-21 7:47 am, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> >
> > The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> >
> > FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> >
> > https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> It should be reserved for those who've been vaccinated, or have a
> genuine medical reason for not being.
>
> Otherwise we're just making it easier for the anti-vaxxer gene to reproduce.

Do you really believe that? If so, that's a sad statement about yourself.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<72cefd66-6931-4516-80c1-7e2fadce4346n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85645&group=sci.electronics.design#85645

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:57:12 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 16:57 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 9:29:55 AM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 10:38:56 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > What makes you say that? Biden has been quite brave so far, and a drug is far safer than a vaccine.
> > Why on earth should a drug be "far safer" than a vaccine? This drug is apparently designed to block the Covid-19 replication enzyme., and isn't known to block any human enzyme, but not every human has quite the same set of enzymes.
> >
> > Vaccines have their own ways of being unsafe, and the rare complications that have come up for the Astra-Zeneca and Pfizer vaccines are decidedly improbable - and rather different - interactions.
> >
> > As fatuous generalisations go, this is more fatuous than most.
> Just more of your nearly insane speculation completely out of touch with the reality of the science and the particular context of this drug's development and testing. Drugs are inherently safer because once cleared by the liver they are permanently gone from the system.

You really should stick to what you know... whatever that is. Does your drug theorem include ibuprofen and other drugs which damage the liver? The liver is pretty delicate when it comes to drugs. Many of them attack the liver when used in moderate overdoses. Killing yourself with ibuprofen (paracetamol to some) is a terrible way to die. You wake up in the hospital after they help you survive the initial toxicity only to find out you have maybe three days to live because your liver is destroyed. At least you get to meet new people in the hospital on your way down.

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<4e75e3c3-4b05-45c6-90d6-6f0094b3312fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85647&group=sci.electronics.design#85647

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 09:43:18 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:43 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 12:02:50 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:53:14 +1100, Sylvia Else <syl...@email.invalid>
> wrote:
> >On 23-Dec-21 7:47 am, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> >> As part of its ongoing efforts to curb the pandemic, reduce hospitalizations, and save lives, the Biden Administration has secured 10 million treatment courses of Pfizer’s promising COVID-19 oral antiviral drug, contingent on emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
> >>
> >> The investigational drug, Paxlovid, is being developed to treat non-hospitalized, symptomatic adults diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at increased risk of progressing to severe illness that could lead to hospitalization or death. The company recently announced the results of a pivotal phase 2/3 clinical trial which found that a treatment course of one dose every 12 hours for five days reduced the rate of hospitalization due to COVID-19 or death by nearly 90 percent in patients treated within three days of symptom onset. Similar results were found when treated within five days of symptom onset.
> >>
> >> FDA has approved this drug, It will be the most potent anti-viral curative available.
> >>
> >> https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/11/18/biden-administration-secures-10-million-courses-pfizers-covid-19-oral-antiviral-medicine-as-additional-tool-reduce-hospitalizations-save-lives.html
> >
> >It should be reserved for those who've been vaccinated, or have a
> >genuine medical reason for not being.
> >
> >Otherwise we're just making it easier for the anti-vaxxer gene to reproduce.
> >
> >Sylvia.
> Right, kill people that you don't like.

So those people didn't choose their own path through life?

Not too many anti-vaxers hold fast to that belief as they die from Covid.

--

Rick C.

-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<Cc4xJ.107092$OB3.61560@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85655&group=sci.electronics.design#85655

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 14:36:02 -0500
 by: bitrex - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 19:36 UTC

On 12/23/2021 11:50 AM, Rick C wrote:
> On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 4:02:00 AM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:

>>> I'll bet Biden and his cronies won't be taking it.
>> Go into the average hospital in the US with Covid symptoms babbling
>> about some experimental treatment the Biden administration has recently
>> authorized that you read about on hhs.gov and demanding they find some
>> and give it to you, and they're as likely to send you to the psychiatric
>> unit as anywhere else.
>
> He knows this from experience... Just sayin'!

Ha ha Ricky Carmichael that's a good one. But more like just realistic
about what the average standard of medical care in the US is for most
working Americans including myself; nobody goes into an overworked
urgent care center or ER in the US and starts bossing anyone around
there as to what treatments they feel they deserve or what they feel
their standard of medical care should be or not - much less demand rare
investigational drugs.

Don't bet the farm on there being magic available there to save you,
there's no magic there. Not if you're not a member of the ruling class,
anyway. Want to see out if you're really considered a member of the
ruling class, or not? fuck around and find out

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<j2kfa9Fqd4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85673&group=sci.electronics.design#85673

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 10:33:29 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 23:33 UTC

On 24-Dec-21 3:51 am, Rick C wrote:
> Do you really believe that? If so, that's a sad statement about yourself.

Perhaps I've failed to convey just how much I detest anti-vaxxers.
They've spread their disinformation around the world. Who knows how many
deaths they're responsible for, but I strongly suspect that the number
is very large.

Sylvia.

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<e054463e-6fdd-48bb-8ef2-05dfb4f3a599n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85675&group=sci.electronics.design#85675

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 16:30:19 -0800 (PST)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 00:30 UTC

Sylvia Else wrote:
==============

> > Do you really believe that?
>
> Perhaps I've failed to convey just how much I detest anti-vaxxers.
> They've spread their disinformation around the world. Who knows how many
> deaths they're responsible for, but I strongly suspect that the number
> is very large.

** A psychologist view on "anti-vaxxing" .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPEHm2x8bdE

Related to the Dunning-Krugar effect.

...... Phil

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<554b4ca1-be5c-4217-8b4e-f369de70823en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85679&group=sci.electronics.design#85679

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:49:36 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:49 UTC

On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 12:29:55 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 10:38:56 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > What makes you say that? Biden has been quite brave so far, and a drug is far safer than a vaccine.
>
> > Why on earth should a drug be "far safer" than a vaccine? This drug is apparently designed to block the Covid-19 replication enzyme., and isn't known to block any human enzyme, but not every human has quite the same set of enzymes.
> >
> > Vaccines have their own ways of being unsafe, and the rare complications that have come up for the Astra-Zeneca and Pfizer vaccines are decidedly improbable - and rather different - interactions.
> >
> > As fatuous generalisations go, this is more fatuous than most.
>
> Just more of your nearly insane speculation completely out of touch with the reality of the science and the particular context of this drug's development and testing. Drugs are inherently safer because once cleared by the liver they are permanently gone from the system.

Fred has managed to be even more fatuous in his response. The vaccines he is so fearful of are gone from the system just as fast as the drugs. The antibodies the vaccines provoke last longer, but that doesn't make them dangerous.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Biden Administration Secures 10 Million Courses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 Oral Antiviral Medicine as Additional Tool to Reduce Hospitalizations and Save Lives

<6580f4af-fe37-43c6-a9b1-1dfe90ef594bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=85680&group=sci.electronics.design#85680

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:05:34 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 02:05 UTC

On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 3:57:15 AM UTC+11, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 9:29:55 AM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > Why on earth should a drug be "far safer" than a vaccine? This drug is apparently designed to block the Covid-19 replication enzyme., and isn't known to block any human enzyme, but not every human has quite the same set of enzymes.
> > >
> > > Vaccines have their own ways of being unsafe, and the rare complications that have come up for the Astra-Zeneca and Pfizer vaccines are decidedly improbable - and rather different - interactions.
> > >
> > > As fatuous generalisations go, this is more fatuous than most.
>
> > Just more of your nearly insane speculation completely out of touch with the reality of the science and the particular context of this drug's development and testing. Drugs are inherently safer because once cleared by the liver they are permanently gone from the system.
>
> You really should stick to what you know... whatever that is. Does your drug theorem include ibuprofen and other drugs which damage the liver? The liver is pretty delicate when it comes to drugs. Many of them attack the liver when used in moderate overdoses. Killing yourself with ibuprofen (paracetamol to some) is a terrible way to die. You wake up in the hospital after they help you survive the initial toxicity only to find out you have maybe three days to live because your liver is destroyed. At least you get to meet new people in the hospital on your way down.

Ibuprofen and paracetemol are very different drugs. Paracetamol is definitely lethal if you take too much of it - the liver can process it without difficultly if you don't take much of it, but higher doses get progressively shunted into what is normally a minor metabolic pathway that produces a product that can be lethal if you are exposed to too much of it.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol_poisoning>

Iboprufen is much less likely to kill you.

<https://litfl.com/nsaids-toxicity/>

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney