Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 21:28:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: The 164th book of science by AP// The Debate on whether the racehorse
is the fastest land animal or the cheetah Now most books say the cheetah is
the fastest land animal at about 120Km/hour with the Pronghorn in second
place of 88km/hour.
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 05:28 UTC

164th book of science by AP// The Debate on whether the racehorse is the fastest land animal or the cheetah Now most books say the cheetah is the fastest land animal at about 120Km/hour with the Pronghorn in second place of 88km/hour. Trouble is..
18k views
Subscribe

Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com>
Dec 16, 2021, 6:40:21 PM (5 days ago)

to Plutonium Atom Universe
164th book of science by AP// The Debate on whether the racehorse is the fastest land animal or the cheetah Now most books say the cheetah is the fastest land animal at about 120Km/hour with the Pronghorn in second place of 88km/hour. Trouble is..
9k views
Subscribe

Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
Jan 25, 2021, 3:41:17 PM

to Plutonium Atom Universe
164th book of science by AP// The Debate on whether the racehorse is the fastest land animal or the cheetah

Now most books say the cheetah is the fastest land animal at about 120Km/hour with the Pronghorn in second place of 88km/hour.

Trouble is, well, who did the measuring and how are they able to make a uniform measuring to all those different animals?

Turns out they really cannot.

And so, this book addresses the shoddy and silly reasoning of a physical measure of speed of land animals.

In this book, I argue that the worlds fastest land animal is the human genetic bred horse for racing, or for distance of say the Old West mail service..

Who measured the cheetah at 120km/hour? And under what conditions?

So, I have seen on TV where captive cheetahs are exercised by having a rabbit pelt on some racing course, the course they use to train greyhound dogs in races. And well, the cheetah was not able to "beat in speed" the greyhounds.

Now, well imagine building a racecourse that tests the speed of cheetahs with a rabbit pelt on a arm and that arm goes around a track of the same length as a horse race track in full distance.

And the clocked time of the fastest horse was for two furlongs is 70Km/hour by Winning Brew at the Penn National Race Course in 2008. Where 2 furlongs is 402 meters.

So, now, if we really really want a scientific list of the fastest animals, the cheetah would not be on the top of the list, although it is amazingly fast.

For although AP's experiment has never been conducted. I doubt that a cheetah can run the 2 furlongs chasing after the rabbit skin on a pole going 70km/hour over that distance.

Uniformity uniformity uniformity in measuring is required before we can say, the cheetah is the fastest land animal.

What tips the scale in favor of the racehorse is that the racehorse is a genetic bred for speed that is the Pronghorn. The racehorse is the faster version of the pronghorn.

Now does the cheetah make a kill every time it chases after pronghorn? No, it usually fails to capture a prey. That said, by logic, would mean the pronghorn is faster than the cheetah.

So in this book, what I am going to argue is that we need a Uniform measure for the title of fastest land animal.

Just because we see a cheetah sprint in a distance of 10 meters at a speed of 120km/hour, does not mean the cheetah is the fastest animal on land, for if we measure the cheetah over a 402 meter distance, it is likely to be far far smaller than the speed of a racehorse.

And once the data is all in and reviewed. I suspect the racehorse is the winner, because, well, we still have to SUBTRACT the fact the racehorse has a rider, a extra weight on its back, whereas the cheetah nor pronghorn have any weights on their back.

And a scientific proof if correct in my above, would be a analysis of the Lung capacity of a horse and given its size, that the lung capacity makes the horse the fastest land animal possible on Earth.

AP
King of Science, especially physics and where biology is just a snack appetizer to get the King in motion

I re-opened the old newsgroup PAU of 1990s and there one can read my recent posts without the hassle of stalkers and spammers, book and solution manual spammers, off-topic-misfits, front-page-hogs, churning imbeciles, stalking mockers, suppression-bullies, and demonizers. And the taxpayer funded hate spew stalkers who ad hominem you day and night on every one of your posts.

There is no discussion of science in sci.math or sci.physics, just one long line of hate spewing stalkers.

Read my recent posts in peace and quiet.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe
Archimedes Plutonium
Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
Jan 25, 2021, 6:21:34 PM

to Plutonium Atom Universe
Archimedes Plutonium
6:17 PM to sci.physics
Quoting the Web on fast speed of horse---
The highest race speed recorded over two furlongs is 70.76 km/h (43.97 mph) and was achieved by Winning Brew trained by Francis Vitale (United States), at the Penn National Race Course, Grantville, Pennsylvania, United States, on 14 May 2008. Winning Brew covered the quarter-mile (402 m, 2 furlongs) in 20.57 sec.May 14, 2008
Archimedes Plutonium
6:19 PM
to sci.physics
Quoting the Web---
Fastest Land Animals: Meet The 10 Fastest In The World - Safaris Africana
10 Fastest land animals ranked: Cheetah. 120.7 km / 75 m per hour. Pronghorn. 88.5 km / 55 m per hour. Springbok. 88 km / 55 m per hour. Wildebeest. 80.5 km / 50 m per hour. Lion. 80.5 km / 50 m per hour. Blackbuck. 80 km / 50 m per hour. Hare. 80 km / 50 m per hour. Greyhound. 74 km / 46 m per hour..

Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
Jan 25, 2021, 6:53:35 PM

to Plutonium Atom Universe
So of course, yes, well, of course, if you measure a cheetah in its top acceleration on land, for a interval of 10 meters, of course you can get a speed of 120km/hour.

But if you measure a cheetah over a interval course of 402 meters, you be lucky to get a speed of 50km/hour.

If you measure a racehorse at its top acceleration in an interval of 10 meters, you can get 150km/hour, far better than the cheetah's 120km/hour over 10 meters.

This is what I mean by ignorant measuring standards. You want the cheetah at the top of the list, so you make up a silly stupid measuring that is scatter-brain measuring and that go-gets you what you want-- cheetah on the top of the list. When in truth, if you did a scientific uniform measuring, you end up finding that the fastest land animal is the racehorse. And that is with the weight of the human rider on the racehorses back, included.

AP

On Monday, January 25, 2021 at 3:41:17 PM UTC-6 Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
Jan 25, 2021, 7:09:34 PM

to Plutonium Atom Universe
Now, speaking over intervals of distance covered in measuring speed of land animals, in my next to last chapter of this book I discuss how dogs are faster than the cheetah and in the last chapter, that humans are the fastest land animal in marathon long distances.

I say this because dogs are built to carry sleds in the far north over much distance, and the science term used for this is "anerobic". The use of oxygen, the size of lungs and the body mass, makes dogs perhaps the world's 2nd best athletic animal. The first best is -- you guessed it-- humans.

I have been told through books and sources that in ancient times, humans would run down a wild horse. Keep running after it, and not let the horse graze enough to gain food, and yet the human keeps running after it so the horse tires, and this can go on for days and nights with a human, until the horse is caught by the human runner.

So if we made a measuring interval of say hundreds of kilometers and a marathon type of racing, the human will be on the top of the list of fastest land animals.

AP
King of Science, where biology is just a snack appetizer for the King

On Monday, January 25, 2021 at 3:41:17 PM UTC-6 Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
Jan 25, 2021, 10:10:42 PM

to Plutonium Atom Universe
Now some people may ask, how does AP do a book on fastest land animal, right in the midst of doing a new astronomy distance tool; and working on 1st year college textbook on physics. How is this book on fastest land animal related to astronomy or physics.

Well often I do not catch how new ideas come to me; how they form in my mind, but on this occasion, I was able to catch how it came to me. I was watching on Sunday night the PBS Masterpiece Theater of All Creatures Great and Small. The episode 3 of 7 where the story was all about race horses, Siegfried on a race track and James out diagnosing a racehorse and having to put the poor animal down. Perhaps one of the best if not the best episode of All Creatures. And so I slept on that show and in my sleep I wondered if the cheetah was really the fastest land animal. I had not yet fallen asleep in bed, and then the next day I remembered this questioning and so book 167th is borne.

And so, a new book is formed.

AP
King of Science

Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
Feb 11, 2021, 4:10:37 PM

to Plutonium Atom Universe
Why Nature never evolved a horse predator, seeing it is the fastest land animal Re: 167th book of science by AP// The Debate on whether the racehorse is the fastest land animal or the cheetah.

Why Nature never evolved a horse predator, seeing it is the fastest land animal.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: The 164th book of science by AP// The Debate on whether the racehorse is the fastest land animal or the cheetah Now most books say the cheetah is the fastest land animal at about 120Km/hour with the Pronghorn in second place of 88km/hour.

<830eb14c-711b-4d3e-8f36-26f10f573708n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=86253&group=sci.math#86253

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 22:34:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The 164th book of science by AP// The Debate on whether the
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 06:34 UTC

Most humans have a blurred brain of logic, they cannot think straight or clear and end up with what the old saying goes a horse is a camel designed by a illogical person.

So when it comes time to explain what is velocity versus acceleration, even professors of math and physics do a foggy teaching.

Yes in science we all know that velocity is distance / time and acceleration is distance/time^2.

It is this time^2 in the denominator that causes so much confusion even in math and physics professors.

So what AP is saying is that the accelerator pedal on a car is able to enlighten everyone of why speed, velocity is meters/sec or km/hour while acceleration is meters/sec^2 or km/hour^2.

The accelerator pedal of a car teaches why one is hours in denominator yet hours^2 in acceleration.

Sad that no calculus textbook AP has ever seen can come down to this level of teaching. Probably because in education, everyone in college or higher is into research, not into explaining how to teach logically and simply.

AP, King of Science, especially Physics

Re: The 164th book of science by AP// The Debate on whether the racehorse is the fastest land animal or the cheetah Now most books say the cheetah is the fastest land animal at about 120Km/hour with the Pronghorn in second place of 88km/hour.

<a9cb65fe-7f7c-467a-b166-5389eccc79ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=86271&group=sci.math#86271

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 08:07:59 -0800 (PST)
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 16:07 UTC

Now when I went to University of Cincinnati in 1968-1972 there was a huge problem in both math and physics calculus. Concerning what they called Instantaneous Velocity.

This revolved around the difference between velocity as meters/second and acceleration as meters/seconds^2.

And here is where I make the attempt to clarify all the nonsense hanging around "instantaneous velocity".

And here is where I attempt to teach velocity and acceleration that is commonsense and understandable by all students. Like Star Trek says-- go where no human has gone before in teaching.

So after I teach this, we can easily see what is velocity, what is acceleration.

The sticky point that ruins most explanations is that acceleration has a seconds squared in denominator while speed (velocity) has only seconds.

And the way to overcome this seconds^2, is that all acceleration can be translated into a Averaging of Speed.

So that the cheetah is the world's fastest accelerator from 0 meters to 100 meters. But after 100 meters the cheetah slows down so much that the racehorse from 100 meters onwards is the fastest land animal in existence.

AP