Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 02:51:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: How Theoretical Physicists Earn a Living
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 10:51 UTC

Sabine Hossenfelder: "I want to tell you how particle physicists are wasting your money." https://youtu.be/9qqEU1Q-gYE?t=3

The more-than-a-century reign of the insane ideology called "relativity" is by far the biggest waste of money in the history of science. Einsteinians are insatiable money-grubbers. Here is one of the champions:

"Jim Al-Khalili on a £2m mission to reveal secrets of time" https://thetimes.co.uk/article/scientists-ready-to-tackle-the-nature-of-time-in-2-1m-project-cv69ssxpg

The hymn of the champions:

Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Lisa Randall, Brian Greene: "Light travels at the same speed no matter how you look at it. No matter how I move relative to you light travels at the same speed. No matter who is doing the measurement and no matter what direction you are moving the speed of light is the same. The speed of light is the same no matter what direction or how fast... As you travel faster time slows down. Everything slows down. Everything slows down. Time slows down when you move. Time passes at a different rate. Clocks run slow. It's a monumental shift in how we see the world. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautifully elegant theory. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautiful piece..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuxFXHircaI

More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: How Theoretical Physicists Earn a Living

<bb76fbe2-9ef5-49ba-8514-c67d8dec4ceen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87065&group=sci.math#87065

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 03:23:10 -0800 (PST)
From: ross.pro...@gmx.com (Quantum Bubbles)
 by: Quantum Bubbles - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 11:23 UTC

On Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 10:51:33 AM UTC, pva...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Sabine Hossenfelder: "I want to tell you how particle physicists are wasting your money." https://youtu.be/9qqEU1Q-gYE?t=3
>
> The more-than-a-century reign of the insane ideology called "relativity" is by far the biggest waste of money in the history of science. Einsteinians are insatiable money-grubbers. Here is one of the champions:
>
> "Jim Al-Khalili on a £2m mission to reveal secrets of time" https://thetimes.co.uk/article/scientists-ready-to-tackle-the-nature-of-time-in-2-1m-project-cv69ssxpg
>
> The hymn of the champions:
>
> Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Lisa Randall, Brian Greene: "Light travels at the same speed no matter how you look at it. No matter how I move relative to you light travels at the same speed. No matter who is doing the measurement and no matter what direction you are moving the speed of light is the same. The speed of light is the same no matter what direction or how fast... As you travel faster time slows down. Everything slows down. Everything slows down. Time slows down when you move. Time passes at a different rate. Clocks run slow. It's a monumental shift in how we see the world. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautifully elegant theory. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautiful piece..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuxFXHircaI
>
> More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>
> Pentcho Valev

I'm confused as to what the point of your posts is. Many of the regulars here are more interested in maths or computer science than in physics, and the number of distinct user views of your posts is virtually zero. Do you post them out of some hope that a future historian in a 'post-Einsteinian' era will log them somewhere and highlight your name as one of the precursors to a new enlightenment?

No chance fella. You're dreaming. Just like John Gabriel is dreaming. Whatever ends up replacing relativity, IF ANYTHING EVER NEEDS TO, it will be discovered/developed by the community of physicists you seem to dislike, to much fanfare and accolades for the discoverers.

I'm a mathematician by training rather than a physicist per se, but am somewhat inclined to physics. I didn't have any interest in string theory and similar when I was a student; I would rather funding went towards applying physics & maths to medicine, and this is still my view.

However, the fact that a minority of people arguably (and it is arguable either way) receive more funding than is desirable, and a tiny (tiny, tiny, tiny ... etc) number earn some cash from media appearances and writing superficial pop-sci books, means absolute bugger all as to whether science is some kind of insular talking shop with everyone engaged in some kind of cover up about general relativity (LOL). How does any sensible person with any substantial scientific knowledge or experience get from one to the other?

I'm pretty sure any professional physicist could take apart most of your posts in a matter of minutes without breaking a sweat, and it is hard to believe that at some level you don't at least suspect this. Well, unless you are the John Gabriel of physics anyway, chuckle.

Regards

QB