* dpkg ponders: 'C++' should have been called 'D' -- #Debian

tech / sci.physics.relativity / JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

SubjectAuthor
* JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo Upatdolan
`* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UOdd Bodkin
 `* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo Upatdolan
  `* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UOdd Bodkin
   `* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo Upatdolan
    `* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UOdd Bodkin
     +* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo Upatdolan
     |`- Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UOdd Bodkin
     `* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UMaciej Wozniak
      `* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UOdd Bodkin
       +- Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UMaciej Wozniak
       `* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UMichael Moroney
        +- Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UMaciej Wozniak
        `* Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UJ. J. Lodder
         `- Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo UMaciej Wozniak

1
JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<47e2167b-6898-40f6-8b61-c2b4224fd599n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87685&group=sci.physics.relativity#87685

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 18:28 UTC

Okay J.J. Jones, have at it:

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/580388/does-keplers-3rd-law-of-planetary-motion-violate-the-first-postulate

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<t395oa$1ah7$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87747&group=sci.physics.relativity#87747

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:57:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:57 UTC

patdolan <patdolan@comcast.net> wrote:
> Okay J.J. Jones, have at it:
>
> https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/580388/does-keplers-3rd-law-of-planetary-motion-violate-the-first-postulate

Already addressed. Why is it that you feel the need to have 18 different
people answer the same questions for you?

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<9b09a004-4227-43fd-87d4-fbf95021f977n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87769&group=sci.physics.relativity#87769

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:54 UTC

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 5:57:49 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Okay J.J. Jones, have at it:
> >
> > https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/580388/does-keplers-3rd-law-of-planetary-motion-violate-the-first-postulate
> >
> Already addressed. Why is it that you feel the need to have 18 different
> people answer the same questions for you?

Because no one has ever figured it out. Don't believe me Bodkin? Cowardly JJ won't even come out from under his bed to type a single word. I give you permission Bodkin to help him get started.

> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<t39jtg$7ki$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87780&group=sci.physics.relativity#87780

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 16:59:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 16:59 UTC

patdolan <patdolan@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 5:57:49 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Okay J.J. Jones, have at it:
>>>
>>> https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/580388/does-keplers-3rd-law-of-planetary-motion-violate-the-first-postulate
>>>

>> Already addressed. Why is it that you feel the need to have 18 different
>> people answer the same questions for you?
>
> Because no one has ever figured it out.

I beg your pardon. I’ve already addressed this question. Now you say no one
has figured it out. If you’re not going to pay attention to answers, why
ask them?

> Don't believe me Bodkin? Cowardly JJ won't even come out from under his
> bed to type a single word. I give you permission Bodkin to help him get started.
>>

>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<e1b434ea-d6be-4fc7-a8a1-7b340df6b77en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87785&group=sci.physics.relativity#87785

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:04:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 17:04 UTC

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 9:59:34 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:

> >> Already addressed. Why is it that you feel the need to have 18 different
> >> people answer the same questions for you?
> >
> > Because no one has ever figured it out.
> I beg your pardon. I’ve already addressed this question. Now you say no one
> has figured it out. If you’re not going to pay attention to answers, why
> ask them?

You answered nothing, Bodkin. You merely echoed the answer of foolish physics stack Dale, who is that platform's version of Dirk.

I have a rejoinder for your's and Dale's objection. But I would prefer to use it to drag young rocker JJ through the relativistic mud. You, Bodkin, would not be nearly as much fun, as you already have mud stains that will never wash out.

> > Don't believe me Bodkin? Cowardly JJ won't even come out from under his
> > bed to type a single word. I give you permission Bodkin to help him get started.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
> >

> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<t39nlf$1tih$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87795&group=sci.physics.relativity#87795

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:03:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:03 UTC

patdolan <patdolan@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 9:59:34 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Because no one has ever figured it out.
>> I beg your pardon. I’ve already addressed this question. Now you say no one
>> has figured it out. If you’re not going to pay attention to answers, why
>> ask them?
>
> You answered nothing, Bodkin. You merely echoed the answer of foolish
> physics stack Dale, who is that platform's version of Dirk.

It may be the right answer, then, whether you like it or not.

The answer is that the laws of physics as understood in the 19th century
are not what need to be consistent with the first postulate. Some of those
laws of physics as understood in the 19th century are now known to be
WRONG, and part of the indication of that is that all of the ones believed
today to be correct are all consistent with the first postulate.

Whether you care for that answer or not is immaterial. Really the question
is, why do you feel to need to get the same answer from 18 different
people?

> I have a rejoinder for your's and Dale's objection. But I would prefer
> to use it to drag young rocker JJ through the relativistic mud. You,
> Bodkin, would not be nearly as much fun, as you already have mud stains
> that will never wash out.
>
>>> Don't believe me Bodkin? Cowardly JJ won't even come out from under his
>>> bed to type a single word. I give you permission Bodkin to help him get started.

>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<24fc5050-cb06-4736-8989-9c69dd4fd940n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87797&group=sci.physics.relativity#87797

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:21:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:21 UTC

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 11:03:33 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:

> >> I beg your pardon. I’ve already addressed this question. Now you say no one
> >> has figured it out. If you’re not going to pay attention to answers, why
> >> ask them?
> >
> > You answered nothing, Bodkin. You merely echoed the answer of foolish
> > physics stack Dale, who is that platform's version of Dirk.
> It may be the right answer, then, whether you like it or not.
>
> The answer is that the laws of physics as understood in the 19th century
> are not what need to be consistent with the first postulate. Some of those
> laws of physics as understood in the 19th century are now known to be
> WRONG, and part of the indication of that is that all of the ones believed
> today to be correct are all consistent with the first postulate.
>
> Whether you care for that answer or not is immaterial. Really the question
> is, why do you feel to need to get the same answer from 18 different
> people?

You are talking to my outstretched hand, Bodkin.

C'mon JJ. Grow a spine!

> > I have a rejoinder for your's and Dale's objection. But I would prefer
> > to use it to drag young rocker JJ through the relativistic mud. You,
> > Bodkin, would not be nearly as much fun, as you already have mud stains
> > that will never wash out.

> >> --
> >> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
> >

> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<b2c2df93-39ff-42b9-8238-7f278eaa3b0bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87798&group=sci.physics.relativity#87798

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:38:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:38 UTC

On Thursday, 14 April 2022 at 20:03:33 UTC+2, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:

> >> I beg your pardon. I’ve already addressed this question. Now you say no one
> >> has figured it out. If you’re not going to pay attention to answers, why
> >> ask them?
> >
> > You answered nothing, Bodkin. You merely echoed the answer of foolish
> > physics stack Dale, who is that platform's version of Dirk.
> It may be the right answer, then, whether you like it or not.
>
> The answer is that the laws of physics as understood in the 19th century
> are not what need to be consistent with the first postulate. Some of those
> laws of physics as understood in the 19th century are now known to be
> WRONG, and part of the indication of that is that all of the ones believed
> today to be correct are all consistent with the first postulate.

In the meantime in the real world, of course, forbidden
by your mad postulate WRONG TAI keep measuring t'=t,
just like all serious clocks always did.

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<t39rd3$1hd2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87800&group=sci.physics.relativity#87800

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:07:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:07 UTC

patdolan <patdolan@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 11:03:33 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> You answered nothing, Bodkin. You merely echoed the answer of foolish
>>> physics stack Dale, who is that platform's version of Dirk.
>> It may be the right answer, then, whether you like it or not.
>>
>> The answer is that the laws of physics as understood in the 19th century
>> are not what need to be consistent with the first postulate. Some of those
>> laws of physics as understood in the 19th century are now known to be
>> WRONG, and part of the indication of that is that all of the ones believed
>> today to be correct are all consistent with the first postulate.
>>
>> Whether you care for that answer or not is immaterial. Really the question
>> is, why do you feel to need to get the same answer from 18 different
>> people?
>
> You are talking to my outstretched hand, Bodkin.

Oh, so you don’t want to talk about why you need the same answer from 18
people?

Don’t you think that’s going to reduce your chances of getting meaningful

> C'mon JJ. Grow a spine!
>>>
>>> I have a rejoinder for your's and Dale's objection. But I would prefer
>>> to use it to drag young rocker JJ through the relativistic mud. You,
>>> Bodkin, would not be nearly as much fun, as you already have mud stains
>>> that will never wash out.

>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<t39rd6$1hd2$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87801&group=sci.physics.relativity#87801

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:07:18 -0000 (UTC)

Maciej Wozniak <maluwozniak@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 April 2022 at 20:03:33 UTC+2, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> You answered nothing, Bodkin. You merely echoed the answer of foolish
>>> physics stack Dale, who is that platform's version of Dirk.
>> It may be the right answer, then, whether you like it or not.
>>
>> The answer is that the laws of physics as understood in the 19th century
>> are not what need to be consistent with the first postulate. Some of those
>> laws of physics as understood in the 19th century are now known to be
>> WRONG, and part of the indication of that is that all of the ones believed
>> today to be correct are all consistent with the first postulate.
>
> In the meantime in the real world, of course, forbidden
> by your mad postulate WRONG TAI keep measuring t'=t,
> just like all serious clocks always did.

I love it that you think TAI is a law of physics, and that you think the
first postulate forbids some clock designs.

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<b1bc21ed-5777-4ea1-bf8d-52f1ca61f67cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87806&group=sci.physics.relativity#87806

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:53:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:53 UTC

On Thursday, 14 April 2022 at 21:07:21 UTC+2, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> Maciej Wozniak <maluw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It may be the right answer, then, whether you like it or not.
> >>
> >> The answer is that the laws of physics as understood in the 19th century
> >> are not what need to be consistent with the first postulate. Some of those
> >> laws of physics as understood in the 19th century are now known to be
> >> WRONG, and part of the indication of that is that all of the ones believed
> >> today to be correct are all consistent with the first postulate.
> >
> > In the meantime in the real world, of course, forbidden
> > by your mad postulate WRONG TAI keep measuring t'=t,
> > just like all serious clocks always did.
> >
> I love it that you think TAI is a law of physics,

I love it that you fabricate and lie, as expected
from a relativistic stinker.

> and that you think the
> first postulate forbids some clock designs.

And that you think it doesn't.

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<t3cqcd$1j5p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87952&group=sci.physics.relativity#87952

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:08:24 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 22:08 UTC

On 4/14/2022 3:07 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> Maciej Wozniak <maluwozniak@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It may be the right answer, then, whether you like it or not.
>>>
>>> The answer is that the laws of physics as understood in the 19th century
>>> are not what need to be consistent with the first postulate. Some of those
>>> laws of physics as understood in the 19th century are now known to be
>>> WRONG, and part of the indication of that is that all of the ones believed
>>> today to be correct are all consistent with the first postulate.
>>
>> In the meantime in the real world, of course, forbidden
>> by your mad postulate WRONG TAI keep measuring t'=t,
>> just like all serious clocks always did.
>>

> I love it that you think TAI is a law of physics, and that you think the
> first postulate forbids some clock designs.

Should anyone tell the janitor that TAI time is only valid at or near
the geoid (Earth's surface), and stationary or moving at a slow speed
relative to it? I know that will upset him.

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<a5945750-4521-4f54-981c-fe4d4008a729n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87971&group=sci.physics.relativity#87971

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 00:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 07:15 UTC

On Saturday, 16 April 2022 at 00:08:20 UTC+2, Michael Moroney wrote:
> On 4/14/2022 3:07 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> > Maciej Wozniak <maluw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> In the meantime in the real world, of course, forbidden
> >> by your mad postulate WRONG TAI keep measuring t'=t,
> >> just like all serious clocks always did.
> >>

> > I love it that you think TAI is a law of physics, and that you think the
> > first postulate forbids some clock designs.
> >
> Should anyone tell the janitor that TAI time is only valid at or near
> the geoid (Earth's surface), and stationary or moving at a slow speed
> relative to it? I know that will upset him.

Should anyone tell stupid Mike, that assertions of
a fanatic idiot are not valid arguments? I know
that will upset him.

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<1pqi1ro.f1selx1feml92N%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87977&group=sci.physics.relativity#87977

From: nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 11:59:57 +0200
 by: J. J. Lodder - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:59 UTC

Michael Moroney <moroney@world.std.spaamtrap.com> wrote:

> On 4/14/2022 3:07 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> > Maciej Wozniak <maluwozniak@gmail.com> wrote:

aw-of-planetary-motion-violate-the-first-postulate

> >> In the meantime in the real world, of course, forbidden
> >> by your mad postulate WRONG TAI keep measuring t'=t,
> >> just like all serious clocks always did.
> >>

> > I love it that you think TAI is a law of physics, and that you think the
> > first postulate forbids some clock designs.
> >
> Should anyone tell the janitor that TAI time is only valid at or near
> the geoid (Earth's surface), and stationary or moving at a slow speed
> relative to it? I know that will upset him.

Yes. TAI and UTC isn't the time of any real clock.
It is a 'best average' time, so in practice a table of corrections
to be applied to the actual readings of real clocks.
The BIPM in Paris is tasked with computing it
from the readings of hundreds of clocks world wide,
and it periodically publishes a table of corrections.

Conversely, if an observatory reports an event they have observed
as occuring in UTC .....they apply those corrections
to the readings of their local clock.

BTW, All this synchronising of clocks isn't just a hobby
for people with nothing better to do. It is a practical necessity.
For example, when the deep space radio telescope network tracks a probe
they need to know their common right time.
Accurate VLBI also depends on it.

Our nutters here are completely clueless
about how much precision has been obtained by real scientists
while they were quarreling about words,

Jan

Re: JJ Lodder signs up for a correspondence course from Dolo U

<8e3b936c-ac08-4b32-801a-d82841191c80n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87981&group=sci.physics.relativity#87981

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 03:44:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:44 UTC

On Saturday, 16 April 2022 at 12:00:00 UTC+2, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> Michael Moroney <mor...@world.std.spaamtrap.com> wrote:

> aw-of-planetary-motion-violate-the-first-postulate

> > > I love it that you think TAI is a law of physics, and that you think the
> > > first postulate forbids some clock designs.
> > >
> > Should anyone tell the janitor that TAI time is only valid at or near
> > the geoid (Earth's surface), and stationary or moving at a slow speed
> > relative to it? I know that will upset him.
> Yes. TAI and UTC isn't the time of any real clock.

And Earth is flat. Sure.
Do you also deny Moon landing, poor halfbrain?