Why do we want intelligent terminals when there are so many stupid users?

tech / sci.physics.relativity / I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

SubjectAuthor
* I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readAldo
+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hachel
|+- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
|+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readPaul Alsing
||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toMichael Moroney
|+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readJanPB
||+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hachel
|||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readJanPB
||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toTroy Matsuda
|+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readAthel Cornish-Bowden
||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readMaciej Wozniak
|+- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichD
|+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readJ. J. Lodder
||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readDono.
|`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toPaul B. Andersen
+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readProkaryotic Capase Homolog
|`* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readAldo
| +* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
| |`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readAldo
| `- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readProkaryotic Capase Homolog
+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readpatdolan
|`* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readProkaryotic Capase Homolog
| `- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readMaciej Wozniak
`* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toMichael Moroney
 +* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
 |+- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
 |+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toMichael Moroney
 ||`* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
 || `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
 ||  `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
 ||   `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
 ||    `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
 ||     `- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
 |`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readPaul Alsing
 `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichD
  `- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toMichael Moroney

Pages:12
I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<a989f674-7fd4-4403-86af-cdd628d318d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88100&group=sci.physics.relativity#88100

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:31:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read
From: aldo.may...@cap.edu.mx (Aldo)
 by: Aldo - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:31 UTC

People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make. This things make sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<TFxyW8q-tWW0YJDH8SdomPC2NU8@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88114&group=sci.physics.relativity#88114

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: gasDR5v4QmAZwWZDbidgLpt4wlc
JNTP-ThreadID: a989f674-7fd4-4403-86af-cdd628d318d1n@googlegroups.com
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=TFxyW8q-tWW0YJDH8SdomPC2NU8@jntp
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 22 23:28:00 +0000
From: r.hac...@tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 23:28 UTC

Le 17/04/2022 à 23:31, Aldo a écrit :
> People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious
> to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue
> of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this
> forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits
> hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make. This things make
> sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.

I don't share your opinion, I respect everyone.

And that serves me.

This has often served me well in my long life.

I will give you an example since you are talking about Pencho Valev.

This man doesn't believe in the theory of relativity (it's his right, he's
not hurting anyone), but I respect his work.

One day, he tried to show that in apparent speeds, there were things they
did not understand, and, by wanting to answer him, something really
fabulous happened in the history of the humanity. I found the flaw in
Langevin's paradox and how to fully describe things.

It wouldn't have happened to me if, like you, I just spit on a man who
didn't think like me.

Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.

But unfortunately, men being lazy and arrogant, they can't even listen to
me.

They really think they are right, and that "other people" are stupid.

They then miss the most beautiful theory ever developed in a human mind,
the theory of relativity of Einstein and Poincaré.

They only have a partial approach to it, and I find that very unfortunate.

R.H.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3i8k3$fl9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88116&group=sci.physics.relativity#88116

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and
entretaining to read
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 23:41:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 23:41 UTC

Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr> wrote:

> Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.
>
> But unfortunately, men being lazy and arrogant, they can't even listen to
> me.

Physician, heal thyself.

> R.H.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<3318b86c-3714-4774-953f-e0527f4e6519n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88124&group=sci.physics.relativity#88124

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 17:54:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: prokaryo...@gmail.com (Prokaryotic Capase Homolog)
 by: Prokaryotic Capase H - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 00:54 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 4:31:11 PM UTC-5, Aldo wrote:
> People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make. This things make sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.

Enjoying the cranks making fools of themselves palls after
a while. Personally, as a self-taught relative beginner in the
subject (despite my many Wikipedia contributions, which are
all of a BASIC nature) I find the few times that this newsgroup
is worth the effort is when one or another of the genuinely
*knowledgeable* contributors to this newsgroup mentions a
topic which I wasn't really aware of and want/need to follow
up on.

The problem with being an autodidact is that my knowledge
of the field is very spotty compared with one who has been
formally trained in the subject. Reading a few textbooks
end-to-end does not make me any sort of expert.

That doesn't prevent me from writing Wikipedia articles like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein%27s_thought_experiments
and so forth. I'm very cautious about not writing beyond
my range of competency.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<5acdaad6-d9a1-4f5e-84b4-fe32ff4a293cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88125&group=sci.physics.relativity#88125

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 18:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: aldo.may...@cap.edu.mx (Aldo)
 by: Aldo - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 01:26 UTC

El domingo, 17 de abril de 2022 a las 19:54:55 UTC-5, prokaryotic.c...@gmail.com escribió:
> On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 4:31:11 PM UTC-5, Aldo wrote:
> > People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make.. This things make sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.
> Enjoying the cranks making fools of themselves palls after
> a while. Personally, as a self-taught relative beginner in the
> subject (despite my many Wikipedia contributions, which are
> all of a BASIC nature) I find the few times that this newsgroup
> is worth the effort is when one or another of the genuinely
> *knowledgeable* contributors to this newsgroup mentions a
> topic which I wasn't really aware of and want/need to follow
> up on.
>
> The problem with being an autodidact is that my knowledge
> of the field is very spotty compared with one who has been
> formally trained in the subject. Reading a few textbooks
> end-to-end does not make me any sort of expert.
>
> That doesn't prevent me from writing Wikipedia articles like
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein%27s_thought_experiments
> and so forth. I'm very cautious about not writing beyond
> my range of competency.
Mostly agree, I've been an autodidact for years, just like you, and studied physics via reading several textbooks and papers. I've had the practice of going through crank writings in order to test my knowledge, but it's true that after some time it gets tedious, and frustrating to get exposed to so many misconceptions.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<cdb6570a-8367-4004-a10c-03f2d4b6ea2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88128&group=sci.physics.relativity#88128

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 19:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (Paul Alsing)
 by: Paul Alsing - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 02:43 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 4:28:02 PM UTC-7, Richard Hachel wrote:

> I don't share your opinion, I respect everyone.

Well, that's a big fat lie... I'm pretty sure that Dono is not on your list of respected participants, for example...

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<d3c9d92e-d129-4fca-837b-08c22798fb27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88129&group=sci.physics.relativity#88129

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:12:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 04:12 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 2:31:11 PM UTC-7, Aldo wrote:
> People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make. This things make sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.

Give us a specific example and correction to it, Aldo-nocchio

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<37cad6c3-cc41-48d6-849b-2acc60c4f5bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88130&group=sci.physics.relativity#88130

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:39:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 04:39 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 10:26:08 PM UTC-3, Aldo wrote:

<snip>

> Mostly agree, I've been an autodidact for years, just like you, and studied physics via reading several textbooks and papers. I've had the practice of going through crank writings in order to test my knowledge, but it's true that after some time it gets tedious, and frustrating to get exposed to so many misconceptions.

Oh! Are you a woodworker too?

Did you read more than 100 books? If yes, then you have beaten Bodkin.

If no, it doesn't make any difference with the IKEA man. You're trying low profile in your post, but I'm suspicious
about that. I think that you are a big shill/troll.

Try watching more TV. It has more valuable content than this site.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<ae30f6da-9570-4122-b73e-18a2457a3577n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88131&group=sci.physics.relativity#88131

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:42:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: prokaryo...@gmail.com (Prokaryotic Capase Homolog)
 by: Prokaryotic Capase H - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 04:42 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 8:26:08 PM UTC-5, Aldo wrote:
> El domingo, 17 de abril de 2022 a las 19:54:55 UTC-5, prokaryotic.c...@gmail.com escribió:

> > The problem with being an autodidact is that my knowledge
> > of the field is very spotty compared with one who has been
> > formally trained in the subject. Reading a few textbooks
> > end-to-end does not make me any sort of expert.
> >
> > That doesn't prevent me from writing Wikipedia articles like
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein%27s_thought_experiments
> > and so forth. I'm very cautious about not writing beyond
> > my range of competency.
> Mostly agree, I've been an autodidact for years, just like you, and studied physics via reading several textbooks and papers. I've had the practice of going through crank writings in order to test my knowledge,

I contribute to Wikipedia for the same reason. For me, it is
not enough merely to go through a textbook, solving most
of the problems. I find it necessary to be able to *teach*
the subject. Two years ago, during the first Covid lockdown,
I started on Ray D'Inverno's introductory textbook on relativity,
(1992) which, after having completed it, I would HIGHLY
recommend to autodidacts because of the abundance of
solved problems and its very accessible teaching style. It
skimps on a few topics... for example, to understand how
the Christoffel symbols were derived, I found the best
textbook to be Grøn and Næss (2011), while for some other
topics, I supplemented my reading with Hentschke and
Hölbling (2020), Adler (2021) and so forth.

However, in the introductory section of D'Inverno, he wrote
how an old book by Lieber inspired him, as a young teenager,
to take up relativity as his life's work. He warned, however:
"This is a very bizarre book in appearance. The book is not
set out in the usual way but rather as though it were concrete
poetry. Moreover, it is interspersed by surrealist drawings by
Hugh Lieber involving the symbols from the text. I must confess
that at first sight the book looks rather cranky, but it is not."

That was intriguing. So I bought a copy of the revised/updated
Lieber (2008) (1st Paul Dry Books ed.) and devoured it over
the course of a month/ This strange book proved to be an
EXCELLENT introduction to D'Inverno's introductory textbook!!!

Last December, as I was finishing the last couple of chapters
of D'Inverno, I thought back on how Lieber's book jump-started
me to get through his book. So I spent some time writing a
new section for Wikipedia based on Lieber.

*** THE FOLLOWING WILL NEVER APPEAR IN WIKIPEDIA ***
because it's inclusion is opposed by several other editors who
consider it to be "non-encyclopedic". Over the years, I have
learned to accept that some of my *best* ideas go directly
against the consensus, *not* because what I wrote is incorrect,
but because the *form* of what I wrote goes against what
others feel is correct.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spacetime&oldid=1081999378#Introduction_to_the_mathematics_of_curved_spacetime

Part of being in a democracy is accepting that one does not
always get one's way. That's fine with me, because, as I stated,
my *main* reason for writing the section was to prove to myself
that I am capable of *teaching* the subject at an elementary
level.

> but it's true that after some time it gets tedious, and frustrating to get exposed to so many misconceptions.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<eafc7502-4001-439c-a2c8-fdd5fa96aa97n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88135&group=sci.physics.relativity#88135

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:50:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: prokaryo...@gmail.com (Prokaryotic Capase Homolog)
 by: Prokaryotic Capase H - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 04:50 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 11:12:38 PM UTC-5, patdolan wrote:
> On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 2:31:11 PM UTC-7, Aldo wrote:
> > People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make.. This things make sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.
> Give us a specific example and correction to it, Aldo-nocchio

Practically everything you write needs to be IGNORED.
Correcting you would be impossible, because you lack
the basic knowledge needed to understand a correction.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<12aabeca-040c-4f87-b6fd-87709718c860n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88136&group=sci.physics.relativity#88136

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 04:52 UTC

On Monday, 18 April 2022 at 06:50:13 UTC+2, prokaryotic.c...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 11:12:38 PM UTC-5, patdolan wrote:
> > On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 2:31:11 PM UTC-7, Aldo wrote:
> > > People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make. This things make sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.
> > Give us a specific example and correction to it, Aldo-nocchio
> Practically everything you write needs to be IGNORED.
> Correcting you would be impossible, because you lack
> the basic knowledge needed to understand a correction.

Practically everything you write needs to be IGNORED.
Correcting you would be impossible, because of your
stupidity and fanatism; and in the meantime in the real
world, forbidden by your insane religion TAI keep
measuring t'=t, just like all serious clocks always
did.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3is58$1lkf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88138&group=sci.physics.relativity#88138

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to
read
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 01:15:21 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 05:15 UTC

On 4/17/2022 10:43 PM, Paul Alsing wrote:
> On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 4:28:02 PM UTC-7, Richard Hachel wrote:
>
>> I don't share your opinion, I respect everyone.
>
> Well, that's a big fat lie... I'm pretty sure that Dono is not on your list of respected participants, for example...

Nor am I.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<e0707208-12ba-410d-b219-45cc61c4e04dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88139&group=sci.physics.relativity#88139

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 22:31:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: aldo.may...@cap.edu.mx (Aldo)
 by: Aldo - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 05:31 UTC

El domingo, 17 de abril de 2022 a las 23:39:49 UTC-5, Richard Hertz escribió:
> On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 10:26:08 PM UTC-3, Aldo wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Mostly agree, I've been an autodidact for years, just like you, and studied physics via reading several textbooks and papers. I've had the practice of going through crank writings in order to test my knowledge, but it's true that after some time it gets tedious, and frustrating to get exposed to so many misconceptions.
> Oh! Are you a woodworker too?
>
> Did you read more than 100 books? If yes, then you have beaten Bodkin.
I haven't counted them
> If no, it doesn't make any difference with the IKEA man. You're trying low profile in your post, but I'm suspicious
> about that. I think that you are a big shill/troll.
No, I'm not a troll.
>Try watching more TV. It has more valuable content than this site.
I agree.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<dc2e3632-2d9e-44ad-8844-8e33dfcc602bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88141&group=sci.physics.relativity#88141

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 22:39:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 05:39 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 4:28:02 PM UTC-7, Richard Hachel wrote:
> Le 17/04/2022 à 23:31, Aldo a écrit :
> > People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious
> > to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue
> > of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this
> > forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits
> > hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make. This things make
> > sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.
> I don't share your opinion, I respect everyone.
>
> And that serves me.
>
> This has often served me well in my long life.
>
> I will give you an example since you are talking about Pencho Valev.
>
> This man doesn't believe in the theory of relativity (it's his right, he's
> not hurting anyone), but I respect his work.
>
> One day, he tried to show that in apparent speeds, there were things they
> did not understand, and, by wanting to answer him, something really
> fabulous happened in the history of the humanity. I found the flaw in
> Langevin's paradox and how to fully describe things.
>
> It wouldn't have happened to me if, like you, I just spit on a man who
> didn't think like me.
>
> Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.

Finally the proof. Yet another standard-issue crank.

--
Jan

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3iukg$ld5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88143&group=sci.physics.relativity#88143

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
read
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 01:57:36 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 05:57 UTC

On 4/17/2022 5:31 PM, Aldo wrote:
> People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes only a first grader would make. This things make sci.physics.relativity enjoyable to read and laugh.

I am here for the entertainment that cranks provide, not the physics. I
do notice, however, I tend to learn a lot from someone knowledgeable
responding to a crank, trying (in vain) to correct a crank's mistake.
Often I miss a sleight of hand from a crank and the knowledgeable person
catches it. I tend to understand the problem better after that.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<7597a41e-0518-48e6-bb77-2c9615800663n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88147&group=sci.physics.relativity#88147

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 00:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 07:11 UTC

On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 2:57:39 AM UTC-3, Michael Moroney wrote:

<snip>

> I am here for the entertainment that cranks provide, not the physics. I
> do notice, however, I tend to learn a lot from someone knowledgeable
> responding to a crank, trying (in vain) to correct a crank's mistake.
> Often I miss a sleight of hand from a crank and the knowledgeable person
> catches it. I tend to understand the problem better after that.

LIAR!

You are here (at least for the last 15 years) because:

1) You don't have a fucking life to live, incel. So you spend half time here and the rest on gay bars.

2) You are the most easy person to be triggered here. I only have to write: GPS IS A FUCKING HOAX, and you go ape shit.

3) You are compensating your flawed years trying to gain an EE degre, which I DOUBT VERY MUCH YOU OBTAINED.
Your posts here, at sci.physics and sci.math are to die laughing. You are an IT technician EE wannabe, and don't even sleep
at night polluting these forums with your stupid postures.

Tell me Moroney, for a person that allegedly "have a work on IT", how come do you spend most of the time ONLINE between
1:00 AM and 6:00 AM?

Do you really have a fucking job, or your job is to be a paid shill/troll that defend Einstein's cult for 3.50$ an hour?

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<jc4klhFj90uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88149&group=sci.physics.relativity#88149

From: acorn...@imm.cnrs.fr (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:09:20 +0200
 by: Athel Cornish-Bowden - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 08:09 UTC

On 2022-04-17 23:28:00 +0000, Richard Hachel said:

> Le 17/04/2022 à 23:31, Aldo a écrit :
>> People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup
>> hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show
>> that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh
>> when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic
>> manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes
>> only a first grader would make. This things make sci.physics.relativity
>> enjoyable to read and laugh.
>
> I don't share your opinion, I respect everyone.
>
> And that serves me.
>
> This has often served me well in my long life.
>
> I will give you an example since you are talking about Pencho Valev.
>
> This man doesn't believe in the theory of relativity (it's his right,
> he's not hurting anyone), but I respect his work.

It's not respectable to try to support nonsense by lying (by omission).
He quote-mines and finds a statement that he wants us to think confirms
that its author supported his anti-Einstein position, but omits to
follow it up by quoting the bit that follows that showed exactly the
opposite. Is that the sort of man you want to respect? What "work" do
you detect in Pentcho's posts?

--
Athel -- French and British, living mainly in England until 1987.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<ouD4W01jfW88TNJb2wGvNTaZ51Y@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88151&group=sci.physics.relativity#88151

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: J7albUvw5kVyR0s0y2W_DRQ7zn0
JNTP-ThreadID: a989f674-7fd4-4403-86af-cdd628d318d1n@googlegroups.com
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=ouD4W01jfW88TNJb2wGvNTaZ51Y@jntp
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 22 10:53:41 +0000
From: r.hac...@tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:53 UTC

Le 18/04/2022 à 07:40, JanPB a écrit :

>> Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.
>
> Finally the proof. Yet another standard-issue crank.

Do you listen to others before judging them?

Do you know what I think?

You clearly know my grievances?

No.

So it is better that you shut up and do not denigrate without knowing.

> --
> Jan

R.H.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<pan$1a36e$e04250c5$1f5e6ef1$41c54f30@iawkluuz.xb>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88157&group=sci.physics.relativity#88157

From: slz...@iawkluuz.xb (Troy Matsuda)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
read
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:26:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Troy Matsuda - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:26 UTC

JanPB wrote:

>> Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.
>
> Finally the proof. Yet another standard-issue crank.

but the russian army shall show no mercy to those nazis, called
"ukrainians". The dirt of the earth, those nazis. That's was the fault of
russian people, not evil enough. They thought could negotiate _humanity_
with the nazis. You fucking idiot. 30 *_bio_weapon_labs_* to commit evil
to humanity, here the russian, hungarian, moldavian, tjekian and romanian
people. 30 *_bio_weapon_labs_*, you fucking idiot, since those are
*_strict_forbidden_* in capitalist america, thousands of miles distant
from capitalist nazi europe.

More Surrender in Ukraine
https://www.brighteon.com/2d5257b8-9f50-4e39-b94b-ec09e08c892d

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3jm4u$1fu0$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88165&group=sci.physics.relativity#88165

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
entretaining to read
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:38:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:38 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 2:57:39 AM UTC-3, Michael Moroney wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I am here for the entertainment that cranks provide, not the physics. I
>> do notice, however, I tend to learn a lot from someone knowledgeable
>> responding to a crank, trying (in vain) to correct a crank's mistake.
>> Often I miss a sleight of hand from a crank and the knowledgeable person
>> catches it. I tend to understand the problem better after that.
>
> LIAR!
>
> You are here (at least for the last 15 years) because:
>
> 1) You don't have a fucking life to live, incel. So you spend half time
> here and the rest on gay bars.

Speaking of trolling….

> 2) You are the most easy person to be triggered here. I only have to
> write: GPS IS A FUCKING HOAX, and you go ape shit.

Speaking of trolls….

> 3) You are compensating your flawed years trying to gain an EE degre,
> which I DOUBT VERY MUCH YOU OBTAINED.
> Your posts here, at sci.physics and sci.math are to die laughing. You are
> an IT technician EE wannabe, and don't even sleep
> at night polluting these forums with your stupid postures.

Speaking of trolling….

> Tell me Moroney, for a person that allegedly "have a work on IT", how
> come do you spend most of the time ONLINE between
> 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM?
>
> Do you really have a fucking job, or your job is to be a paid shill/troll
> that defend Einstein's cult for 3.50$ an hour?

Speaking of paranoid trolling….

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<0b82c47a-fefd-4d99-9fc6-1eea03d6931dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88182&group=sci.physics.relativity#88182

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:14:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 16:14 UTC

On Monday, 18 April 2022 at 10:09:25 UTC+2, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
> On 2022-04-17 23:28:00 +0000, Richard Hachel said:
>
> > Le 17/04/2022 à 23:31, Aldo a écrit :
> >> People such as Pentcho, Ed, idiot Ken or pat dolan make this newsgroup
> >> hilarious to read, as they commit pretty elementary mistakes and show
> >> that they have no clue of what they're talking about, and I also laugh
> >> when a certain person on this forum tries to make algebraic
> >> manipulations and calculations but always commits hilarious mistakes
> >> only a first grader would make. This things make sci.physics.relativity
> >> enjoyable to read and laugh.
> >
> > I don't share your opinion, I respect everyone.
> >
> > And that serves me.
> >
> > This has often served me well in my long life.
> >
> > I will give you an example since you are talking about Pencho Valev.
> >
> > This man doesn't believe in the theory of relativity (it's his right,
> > he's not hurting anyone), but I respect his work.
> It's not respectable to try to support nonsense by lying (by omission).

But it's common between relativistic fanatic stinkers,
like you.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<4eebdbdf-4c3d-4e52-8c1a-d1040a4e9308n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88203&group=sci.physics.relativity#88203

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:06:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: r_delane...@yahoo.com (RichD)
 by: RichD - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 18:06 UTC

On April 17, Richard Hachel wrote:
> Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.

Methinks you need a remedial course in probability theory.

--
Rich

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3kiou$1rj8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88221&group=sci.physics.relativity#88221

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
read
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 16:47:26 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 20:47 UTC

On 4/18/2022 3:11 AM, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 2:57:39 AM UTC-3, Michael Moroney wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I am here for the entertainment that cranks provide, not the physics. I
>> do notice, however, I tend to learn a lot from someone knowledgeable
>> responding to a crank, trying (in vain) to correct a crank's mistake.
>> Often I miss a sleight of hand from a crank and the knowledgeable person
>> catches it. I tend to understand the problem better after that.
>
> LIAR!

You are wrong. As usual for you.

> You are here (at least for the last 15 years) because:
>
> 1) You don't have a fucking life to live, incel. So you spend half time here and the rest on gay bars.

Nope. I have a loving wife and have zero use for gay bars. They are for you.

> 2) You are the most easy person to be triggered here. I only have to write: GPS IS A FUCKING HOAX, and you go ape shit.

You are projecting. I just have to state how great it was how Einstein
discovered relativity and YOU go apeshit. Along with all the other
crackpots who have hate-related obsessions with Einstein/relativity.

> 3) You are compensating your flawed years trying to gain an EE degre,

I already have one.

> which I DOUBT VERY MUCH YOU OBTAINED.

Again, as usual for you, you are wrong.

> Your posts here, at sci.physics and sci.math are to die laughing.

All the laughter you hear is at the expense of yourself and the other
cranks.

> You are an IT technician EE wannabe, and don't even sleep
> at night polluting these forums with your stupid postures.
>
> Tell me Moroney, for a person that allegedly "have a work on IT", how come do you spend most of the time ONLINE between
> 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM?

I never sleep. :-)

And yourself? You appear to keep similar hours, if I recall you should
be UTC-4 or so. And do you really know where I am?

I work in bursts. Intense concentration on an issue and at a natural
breakpoint I take a short break and often I check to see what the
crackpots are up to. Then back to work.

> Do you really have a fucking job, or your job is to be a paid shill/troll that defend Einstein's cult for 3.50$ an hour?

Sorry but I do have work where I am valued and receive substantially
more than that.

(another crackpot sign. Assuming supporters of Relativity must be paid
to do so)

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<1pqmjjg.dguco719e9jeaN%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88222&group=sci.physics.relativity#88222

From: nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 23:13:07 +0200
 by: J. J. Lodder - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 21:13 UTC

Richard Hachel <r.hachel@tiscali.fr> wrote:
[Baez' crackpot points snipped]

> Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.

That's just your a-priori probability estimate.
We'll apply observation, and Bayesian reasoning,
and reduce your estimate to its true value.
Your guess,

Jan

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<d3597d37-084e-4f33-865c-8fd9ca07ae4an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88223&group=sci.physics.relativity#88223

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 14:16:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 21:16 UTC

On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 2:13:09 PM UTC-7, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> Richard Hachel <r.ha...@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> [Baez' crackpot points snipped]
> > Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.
> That's just your a-priori probability estimate.
> We'll apply observation, and Bayesian reasoning,
> and reduce your estimate to its true value.
> Your guess,
>
> Jan

Something in the "less than zero" range