"The following is not for the weak of heart or Fundamentalists." -- Dave Barry

tech / sci.physics / How Arindam reconciled Newtonian and Maxwellian electrodynamics

SubjectAuthor
o How Arindam reconciled Newtonian and Maxwellian electrodynamicsArindam Banerjee

1
How Arindam reconciled Newtonian and Maxwellian electrodynamics

<GzO4KKcyn4QxSssvmVjYm_dH304@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8850&group=sci.physics#8850

Subject: How Arindam reconciled Newtonian and Maxwellian electrodynamics
Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.electromag
JNTP-HashClient: NVItYT7wFMmlpXKSeDcdP88tOr4
JNTP-ThreadID: iS_yduvGlxY_xMfa-wZIqfuWpho
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=GzO4KKcyn4QxSssvmVjYm_dH304@jntp
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 24 00:46:32 +0000
From: banerjee...@gmail.com (Arindam Banerjee)
 by: Arindam Banerjee - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 00:46 UTC

From a post in alt.usage.english, where some old guys still post...

> Instantaneous action at a distance is a new - nay revolutionary -
> theory. Only a physicist of Arnidam's calibre could have conceived of
> such a unifying theory the cosmos.

Thanks, but Arindam cannot take credit where not due. He is so honest, and
that's why we doggies (dead or alive) love him. He is one of us!

For his PhD degree (which he did not take, please do not put Dr before his
name which unfortunately some do), Arindam bought the book "Newtonian
Electrodynamics" by Graneau and Graneau.

To quote from page 1, chapter 1 from the above book:

*****

Newton's own words serve best to describe the prevailing philosophy of
contemporary natural philosophers. In the preface to the first edition of
the "Principia" he said:

"Then from these forces, by other propositions which are also
mathematical, I deduce the motion of the planets, the comets, the moon and
the sea. I wish I could derive the phenomenon of Nature by the same kind
of reasoning from mechanical principles, for I am induced by many reasons
to suspect that they may all depend upon certain forces by which the
particles of bodies, by some causes hitherto unknown, are either mutually
impelled towards one another, and cohere in regular figures, or are
repelled and recede from one another. These forces being unknown,
philosophers have hitherto attempted the search of Nature in vain; but I
hope the principles laid down will afford some light either to this or
some truer method of philosophy."

These words apply equally to the Ampere-Neumann electrodynamics which
followed on the heels of Oersted's experiments. Neither Ampere nor F.E.
Neumann took heed of the magnetic circles around electric currents. THEY
WROTE DOWN THE LAWS OF ELECTRODYNAMIC FORCE ACCORDING TO THE FAR ACTION
MODEL OF NEWTONIAN GRAVITATION. Newton was more precise and spoke of
MUTUAL SIMULTANEOUS INTERACTION BETWEEN PARTICLES SO AS NOT TO CREATE THE
IMPRESSION OF SOMETHING TRAVELLING AT FINIE OR INFINITE SPEED BETWEEN THE
INTERACTING ELEMENTS OF MATTER.

******

From chapter 3, p 91

*****
More than anyone else, Maxwell was responsible for making the
Ampere-Neumann theory obsolete, AT LEAST TEMPORARILY. ...This chapter
summarizes the various extension of Newtonian electrodynamics which have
been made during and since the time of Maxwell.

...the evolution of digital computers. It made it possible to explore the
predictions of the laws of Ampere and Neumann to a breadth and depth that
remained hidden to the founders of Newtonian electrodynamics...

There can be no doubt that Ampere himself believed his electrodynamic
forces acted directly on the conductor metal, rather than the subtle
electric fluid that contained in the metal. THE AMPERE FORCES WERE
PONDEROMOTIVE FORCES, JUST LIKE THE FORCES OF GRAVITATION. The matter that
experienced the forces did not necessarily move and, therefore, Ampere's
force law did not include a velocity.

****

Arindam's contribution is to reconcile the Newtonian and Maxwellian
approaches, by finding out the correct formula for the law of universal
gravitation, involving electrons and protons. From that, the cause of
gravity is found to be electrostatic. Arindam thus unified the forces, by
explaining how the strong nuclear force is also electrostatic. Radiation
is of course electromagnetic, with the electric and magnetic fields moving
proportional (depending upon the nature of the medium) to the speed of
light.

Thanks for your interest, and with a cheery

woof-woof

bt (Bertie Taylor, Arindam's best friends)