"Don't fear the pen. When in doubt, draw a pretty picture." -- Baker's Third Law of Design.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

SubjectAuthor
* I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readAldo
+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hachel
|+- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
|+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readPaul Alsing
||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toMichael Moroney
|+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readJanPB
||+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hachel
|||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readJanPB
||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toTroy Matsuda
|+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readAthel Cornish-Bowden
||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readMaciej Wozniak
|+- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichD
|+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readJ. J. Lodder
||`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readDono.
|`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toPaul B. Andersen
+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readProkaryotic Capase Homolog
|`* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readAldo
| +* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
| |`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readAldo
| `- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readProkaryotic Capase Homolog
+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readpatdolan
|`* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readProkaryotic Capase Homolog
| `- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readMaciej Wozniak
`* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toMichael Moroney
 +* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
 |+- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
 |+* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toMichael Moroney
 ||`* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
 || `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
 ||  `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
 ||   `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
 ||    `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious andOdd Bodkin
 ||     `- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichard Hertz
 |`- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readPaul Alsing
 `* Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to readRichD
  `- Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining toMichael Moroney

Pages:12
Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<ee19b293-8826-4f58-9f57-17f0b9277df3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88227&group=sci.physics.relativity#88227

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 15:10:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 22:10 UTC

On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 5:47:30 PM UTC-3, Michael Moroney wrote:
> On 4/18/2022 3:11 AM, Richard Hertz wrote:

<snip>

> > Tell me Moroney, for a person that allegedly "have a work on IT", how come do you spend most of the time ONLINE between
> > 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM?
> I never sleep. :-)
>
> And yourself? You appear to keep similar hours, if I recall you should be UTC-4 or so. And do you really know where I am?

You are one hour East of Bodkin's place. UTC-5 Winter time, UTC-4 Summer time.

Now, I'm 1 hour ahead of you (UTC-3).

I won't disclosure any other details, like State, County, City.

I had enough with Dono (sa_ge), UTC-8 Winter time.

You peak posting around 3:00 AM, then go to bed around 5 or 6:00 AM. Then wake up and resume posting around 10/11 AM.
And you post steadily since noon.

Creepy, isn't it?

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3kog5$1s5s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88228&group=sci.physics.relativity#88228

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and
entretaining to read
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 22:25:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 22:25 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 5:47:30 PM UTC-3, Michael Moroney wrote:
>> On 4/18/2022 3:11 AM, Richard Hertz wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> Tell me Moroney, for a person that allegedly "have a work on IT", how
>>> come do you spend most of the time ONLINE between
>>> 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM?
>> I never sleep. :-)
>>
>> And yourself? You appear to keep similar hours, if I recall you should
>> be UTC-4 or so. And do you really know where I am?
>
> You are one hour East of Bodkin's place. UTC-5 Winter time, UTC-4 Summer time.
>
> Now, I'm 1 hour ahead of you (UTC-3).
>
> I won't disclosure any other details, like State, County, City.
>
> I had enough with Dono (sa_ge), UTC-8 Winter time.
>
> You peak posting around 3:00 AM, then go to bed around 5 or 6:00 AM. Then
> wake up and resume posting around 10/11 AM.
> And you post steadily since noon.
>
> Creepy, isn't it?

I post while I work. I am my employer. The idea of having this freedom
seems completely foreign to you. You act as though people who post have to
worry about who might be looking over their shoulder. You poor, whipped
soul.

--
Odd Bodkin — Maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<ad075dc6-ee94-48c9-b8c0-377e57ddb4ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88229&group=sci.physics.relativity#88229

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 15:26:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 22:26 UTC

On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 3:53:44 AM UTC-7, Richard Hachel wrote:
> Le 18/04/2022 à 07:40, JanPB a écrit :
>
> >> Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.
> >
> > Finally the proof. Yet another standard-issue crank.
> Do you listen to others before judging them?

You've been posting here practically 24/7 for many months now.
My opinion is based ONLY on your posts, of course (that's how
the Internet works). The fact is your posts about relativity are
unmitigated nonsense. It's also a fact that nothing can prove the
errors of your ways to you - that's another standard problem with
incompetent people which been known for centuries. People like
Goethe and Newton wrote about it.

> Do you know what I think?
>
> You clearly know my grievances?
>
> No.

Of course I don't. But that's a different subject. Here the discussion
is about relativity. OTOH when e person insists that 2+2=7, something
seems to be wrong with the cognitive system there. Esp. when coupled
with the incessant anti-Einstein-frothing-in-the-mouth, it just appears
mentally deranged.

> So it is better that you shut up and do not denigrate without knowing.

No, I won't. Welcome to the Internet. If you don't like it - leave. Or simply
open your own web page whose posts you can control.

--
Jan

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<084e08e5-b622-401a-9abc-9b6550b6a90an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88230&group=sci.physics.relativity#88230

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 15:41:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (Paul Alsing)
 by: Paul Alsing - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 22:41 UTC

On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 12:11:48 AM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:

> 1) You don't have a fucking life to live, incel. So you spend half time here and the rest on gay bars.

Look who's talking!

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<68c47444-8abc-40c7-9f38-f093cd4451fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88231&group=sci.physics.relativity#88231

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 15:44:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 22:44 UTC

On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 7:25:12 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:

<snip>

> I post while I work. I am my employer. The idea of having this freedom
> seems completely foreign to you. You act as though people who post have to
> worry about who might be looking over their shoulder. You poor, whipped soul.

So, you post 20/30 times per day, reasoning and taking your time to write about 1,200 lines on your iPad. I think you invest
about 5 hours a day, as you also parse most of the posts. You're more vigilant here than a fucking owl.

Also, you read a science book per week. I assume that you take your time to digest no less than 250 pages with math.
It requires to understand the 35 pages/day that you read, metabolize them and make a coherent picture: 3 hours/day.

Can you tell me when the fuck do you work in manufacturing and sales of fine wood toys and shit?

You are a liar and a deceiver.

You work as a paid shill/troll like Moroney, making 3.50 per post.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3kt18$168b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88234&group=sci.physics.relativity#88234

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
entretaining to read
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 23:42:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 23:42 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 7:25:12 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I post while I work. I am my employer. The idea of having this freedom
>> seems completely foreign to you. You act as though people who post have to
>> worry about who might be looking over their shoulder. You poor, whipped soul.
>
> So, you post 20/30 times per day, reasoning and taking your time to write
> about 1,200 lines on your iPad.

No5 much time, but yes.

> I think you invest
> about 5 hours a day, as you also parse most of the posts. You're more
> vigilant here than a fucking owl.

That’s a VAST overestimate of the time I invest in this.

> Also, you read a science book per week.

Well, not quite.
But over all books, about two a week.

> I assume that you take your time to digest no less than 250 pages with math.
> It requires to understand the 35 pages/day that you read, metabolize them
> and make a coherent picture: 3 hours/day.

2-2.5 hrs per day.

> Can you tell me when the fuck do you work in manufacturing and sales of
> fine wood toys and shit?

There are 17-18 waking hours. I spend about 5-9 hrs per day working,
depending. You figure it out.

> You are a liar and a deceiver.
>
> You work as a paid shill/troll like Moroney, making 3.50 per post.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3l09i$33q$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88235&group=sci.physics.relativity#88235

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
entretaining to read
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 00:38:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 00:38 UTC

Odd Bodkin <bodkinodd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 7:25:12 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I post while I work. I am my employer. The idea of having this freedom
>>> seems completely foreign to you. You act as though people who post have to
>>> worry about who might be looking over their shoulder. You poor, whipped soul.
>>
>> So, you post 20/30 times per day, reasoning and taking your time to write
>> about 1,200 lines on your iPad.
>
> No5 much time, but yes.
>
>> I think you invest
>> about 5 hours a day, as you also parse most of the posts. You're more
>> vigilant here than a fucking owl.
>
> That’s a VAST overestimate of the time I invest in this.
>

>> Also, you read a science book per week.
>
> Well, not quite.
> But over all books, about two a week.
>
>> I assume that you take your time to digest no less than 250 pages with math.
>> It requires to understand the 35 pages/day that you read, metabolize them
>> and make a coherent picture: 3 hours/day.
>
> 2-2.5 hrs per day.
>

>> Can you tell me when the fuck do you work in manufacturing and sales of
>> fine wood toys and shit?
>
> There are 17-18 waking hours. I spend about 5-9 hrs per day working,
> depending. You figure it out.
>

>> You are a liar and a deceiver.
>>
>> You work as a paid shill/troll like Moroney, making 3.50 per post.

Please, whatever you do, don’t base your estimates of my time on Usenet on
what it takes YOU to compile your posts.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<1aaec76d-822b-4326-8292-fa107b33bde1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88236&group=sci.physics.relativity#88236

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 18:05:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 01:05 UTC

On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 9:38:13 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> Odd Bodkin <bodk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Richard Hertz <hert...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 7:25:12 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> <snip>

> >> So, you post 20/30 times per day, reasoning and taking your time to write
> >> about 1,200 lines on your iPad.
> >
> > No5 much time, but yes.
> >
> >> I think you invest
> >> about 5 hours a day, as you also parse most of the posts. You're more
> >> vigilant here than a fucking owl.
> >
> > That’s a VAST overestimate of the time I invest in this.
> >

> >> Also, you read a science book per week.
> >
> > Well, not quite.
> > But over all books, about two a week.
> >
> >> I assume that you take your time to digest no less than 250 pages with math.
> >> It requires to understand the 35 pages/day that you read, metabolize them
> >> and make a coherent picture: 3 hours/day.
> >
> > 2-2.5 hrs per day.
> >

> >> Can you tell me when the fuck do you work in manufacturing and sales of
> >> fine wood toys and shit?
> >
> > There are 17-18 waking hours. I spend about 5-9 hrs per day working,
> > depending. You figure it out.
> >

> >> You are a liar and a deceiver.
> >>
> >> You work as a paid shill/troll like Moroney, making 3.50 per post.
> >>

> Please, whatever you do, don’t base your estimates of my time on Usenet on
> what it takes YOU to compile your posts.
> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

1 minute, 26 seconds.

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<d3c95570-0f6f-400a-9f80-03e9e8eeaf63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88445&group=sci.physics.relativity#88445

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 12:47:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: r_delane...@yahoo.com (RichD)
 by: RichD - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 19:47 UTC

On April 17, Michael Moroney wrote:
> I do notice, however, I tend to learn a lot from someone knowledgeable
> responding to a crank, trying (in vain) to correct a crank's mistake.
> Often I miss a sleight of hand from a crank and the knowledgeable person
> catches it.

Concur.

The cranks are mostly nitwits, I don't bother. But occasionally,
you find one like Kookee Wookee, who was a wacko, but ingenious.
Then Tom R or Jan would slap him down, that's illuminating.

--
Rich

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<0j98K.711643$an1.432823@fx10.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88498&group=sci.physics.relativity#88498

Subject: Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to
read
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
From: paul.b.a...@paulba.no (Paul B. Andersen)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:17:48 +0200
 by: Paul B. Andersen - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 09:17 UTC

Den 18.04.2022 01:28, skrev Richard Hachel:

> Today, I'm probably the only one in the world to master SR correctly.

'nuff said!

--
Paul

https://paulba.no/

Re: I often find this Newsgroup quite hilarious and entretaining to read

<t3sobg$13id$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88593&group=sci.physics.relativity#88593

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
read
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 19:11:47 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 23:11 UTC

On 4/20/2022 3:47 PM, RichD wrote:
> On April 17, Michael Moroney wrote:
>> I do notice, however, I tend to learn a lot from someone knowledgeable
>> responding to a crank, trying (in vain) to correct a crank's mistake.
>> Often I miss a sleight of hand from a crank and the knowledgeable person
>> catches it.
>
> Concur.
>
> The cranks are mostly nitwits, I don't bother. But occasionally,
> you find one like Kookee Wookee, who was a wacko, but ingenious.
> Then Tom R or Jan would slap him down, that's illuminating.

Yes Koobee was a contradiction. Seemingly very smart at math and parts
of physics, but was obsessed with one "nitwit, plagiarist and liar" and
never could get past that.