Passwords are implemented as a result of insecurity.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

SubjectAuthor
* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelwAYNE
+* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelQuadibloc
|+* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelwAYNE
||`* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelStarDust
|| +- Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelwAYNE
|| `* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelwAYNE
||  `* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelQuadibloc
||   `- Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelwAYNE
|`* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelChris L Peterson
| `* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelQuadibloc
|  `* Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelChris L Peterson
|   `- Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelfred k. engels®
`- Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travelfred k. engels®

1
Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<tg4orp$6j2l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8896&group=sci.astro.amateur#8896

From: wayn...@no_verizon.net (wAYNE)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 11:24:41 -0400
 by: wAYNE - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 15:24 UTC

On 9/16/22 8:20 PM, RichA wrote:
> At the point where most of the 23,000 are smashed into debris via abandonment and impacts with themselves or other satellites. In 2009, an iridium satellite hit a derelict Russkie satellite at 42,000km/h and created enough chafe to cover a large area.

I wouldn't worry about it. The world is about to renew itself with
fresh, clean air, reduction of global warming, and 90% population
reduction. Once that happens, the new population won't even be
concerned with technology as we know it today.

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<75989ac4-bfb3-4f98-9190-5a5d75f9ca36n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8899&group=sci.astro.amateur#8899

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 11:29:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: jsav...@ecn.ab.ca (Quadibloc)
 by: Quadibloc - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 18:29 UTC

On Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 9:24:44 AM UTC-6, wAYNE wrote:

> I wouldn't worry about it. The world is about to renew itself with
> fresh, clean air, reduction of global warming, and 90% population
> reduction. Once that happens, the new population won't even be
> concerned with technology as we know it today.

That would be a bad thing, at least for the 90% of the population that
is going to be 'reduced'. Surely humanity can take the necessary
action to prevent this from happening.

John Savard

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<tg89jt$ppjb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8900&group=sci.astro.amateur#8900

From: non...@nowhere.net (wAYNE)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 19:29:00 -0400
 by: wAYNE - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 23:29 UTC

On 9/18/22 2:29 PM, Quadibloc wrote:
> On Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 9:24:44 AM UTC-6, wAYNE wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't worry about it. The world is about to renew itself with
>> fresh, clean air, reduction of global warming, and 90% population
>> reduction. Once that happens, the new population won't even be
>> concerned with technology as we know it today.
>
> That would be a bad thing, at least for the 90% of the population that
> is going to be 'reduced'. Surely humanity can take the necessary
> action to prevent this from happening.
>
> John Savard

It's not happening. Humanity has had many decades to undo what it has
done to the environment, economies, and population. It has chosen not
to sacrifice anything for something better. Once the world economy
collapses, food runs short, and disease and starvation take hold, along
with many past plagues and diseases returning, it will only be a matter
of time before the population minimizes. Once that happens, and things
gradually return to normal, civilization will begin again but this time
it will be different after truly learning from past experiences.

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<5ca6a4de-1242-4fbd-bff8-c492590b12d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8902&group=sci.astro.amateur#8902

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 17:07:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: csok...@gmail.com (StarDust)
 by: StarDust - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 00:07 UTC

On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 4:29:05 PM UTC-7, wAYNE wrote:
> On 9/18/22 2:29 PM, Quadibloc wrote:
> > On Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 9:24:44 AM UTC-6, wAYNE wrote:
> >
> >> I wouldn't worry about it. The world is about to renew itself with
> >> fresh, clean air, reduction of global warming, and 90% population
> >> reduction. Once that happens, the new population won't even be
> >> concerned with technology as we know it today.
> >
> > That would be a bad thing, at least for the 90% of the population that
> > is going to be 'reduced'. Surely humanity can take the necessary
> > action to prevent this from happening.
> >
> > John Savard
> It's not happening. Humanity has had many decades to undo what it has
> done to the environment, economies, and population. It has chosen not
> to sacrifice anything for something better. Once the world economy
> collapses, food runs short, and disease and starvation take hold, along
> with many past plagues and diseases returning, it will only be a matter
> of time before the population minimizes. Once that happens, and things
> gradually return to normal, civilization will begin again but this time
> it will be different after truly learning from past experiences.

This is the funniest joke I ever heard! 🤣😂😁
>>it will be different after truly learning from past experiences<<

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<t6gfihdp9u9opilnnkv34ufgvk25e3spls@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8903&group=sci.astro.amateur#8903

From: clp...@alumni.caltech.edu (Chris L Peterson)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 19:11:11 -0600
 by: Chris L Peterson - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 01:11 UTC

On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 11:29:49 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
<jsavard@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

>On Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 9:24:44 AM UTC-6, wAYNE wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't worry about it. The world is about to renew itself with
>> fresh, clean air, reduction of global warming, and 90% population
>> reduction. Once that happens, the new population won't even be
>> concerned with technology as we know it today.
>
>That would be a bad thing, at least for the 90% of the population that
>is going to be 'reduced'. Surely humanity can take the necessary
>action to prevent this from happening.

I see little to suggest that "humanity" is doing much to avert
disaster. I don't know that we'll see a 90% population reduction, but
we're increasingly likely to see billions fall into pre-technological
squalor, and the end of democratic systems in the developed nations
(which themselves will see millions of deaths).

Averting this would require a concerted effort by the largest
countries in the world, along with an investment of trillions of
dollars, in probably little more than one more decade. I'm doubtful
this will happen.

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<tgarmh$18ocl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8904&group=sci.astro.amateur#8904

From: non...@nowhere.net (wAYNE)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 18:49:53 -0400
 by: wAYNE - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 22:49 UTC

On 9/18/22 8:07 PM, StarDust wrote:
> On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 4:29:05 PM UTC-7, wAYNE wrote:

>>> That would be a bad thing, at least for the 90% of the population that
>>> is going to be 'reduced'. Surely humanity can take the necessary
>>> action to prevent this from happening.
>>>
>>> John Savard
>> It's not happening. Humanity has had many decades to undo what it has
>> done to the environment, economies, and population. It has chosen not
>> to sacrifice anything for something better. Once the world economy
>> collapses, food runs short, and disease and starvation take hold, along
>> with many past plagues and diseases returning, it will only be a matter
>> of time before the population minimizes. Once that happens, and things
>> gradually return to normal, civilization will begin again but this time
>> it will be different after truly learning from past experiences.
>
> This is the funniest joke I ever heard! 🤣😂😁
What is, the above, or what I wrote below?
>>> it will be different after truly learning from past experiences<<

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<tgas4f$18pql$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8905&group=sci.astro.amateur#8905

From: non...@nowhere.net (wAYNE)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 18:57:18 -0400
 by: wAYNE - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 22:57 UTC

On 9/18/22 8:07 PM, StarDust wrote:
> On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 4:29:05 PM UTC-7, wAYNE wrote:

>>> That would be a bad thing, at least for the 90% of the population that
>>> is going to be 'reduced'. Surely humanity can take the necessary
>>> action to prevent this from happening.
>>>
>>> John Savard
>> It's not happening. Humanity has had many decades to undo what it has
>> done to the environment, economies, and population. It has chosen not
>> to sacrifice anything for something better. Once the world economy
>> collapses, food runs short, and disease and starvation take hold, along
>> with many past plagues and diseases returning, it will only be a matter
>> of time before the population minimizes. Once that happens, and things
>> gradually return to normal, civilization will begin again but this time
>> it will be different after truly learning from past experiences.
>
> This is the funniest joke I ever heard! 🤣😂😁
>>> it will be different after truly learning from past experiences<<
Oh, never mind. I see you meant my last sentence. Well, I can't
express the scope of how much things are going to change as
civilizations collapse this time. It will be on a scale unprecedented
in the history of mankind. Due to the enormity of the change this time,
THAT is why the surviving civilization will actually end up surviving
the longest of any past civilization. They WILL keep the population
under control, show true love and caring for one another, keep the earth
clean, and will live shockingly simple lives. They will use very little
technology, certainly not like we use and depend on now.

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<6bbdedfb-23fa-42d8-b5fc-28c4110fce20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8906&group=sci.astro.amateur#8906

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 20:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: jsav...@ecn.ab.ca (Quadibloc)
 by: Quadibloc - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 03:11 UTC

On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 4:57:22 PM UTC-6, wAYNE wrote:

> Oh, never mind. I see you meant my last sentence.

It is true that history shows civilizations have collapsed many times
from resource overuse.

However, no civilization until ours has reached our level of technological
competence. We can see the consequences of our mistakes. We had one
bit of bad luck - Russia getting hold of nukes after the end of World War
II - which is preventing effective international cooperation.

John Savard

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<4865248e-4a35-4743-8028-344812481cdbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8907&group=sci.astro.amateur#8907

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 20:14:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: jsav...@ecn.ab.ca (Quadibloc)
 by: Quadibloc - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 03:14 UTC

On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 7:11:15 PM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:

> Averting this would require a concerted effort by the largest
> countries in the world, along with an investment of trillions of
> dollars, in probably little more than one more decade. I'm doubtful
> this will happen.

It's true there seems to be no sign of real action.

As I've noted, action is possible without major sacrifices in the standard of
living. Switch to nuclear power from fossil fuels for electricity. Switch to
trolley buses for as much travel as possible; use methyl alcohol for carbon-neutral
fuel that doesn't compete with food production for everything else.

Then, unless greenhouse gases from meat production are _still_ enough to cause
disaster, the problem is solved with almost no sacrifices.

John Savard

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<tpajih1svkek9ors5tualom4utdm48bnpe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8908&group=sci.astro.amateur#8908

From: clp...@alumni.caltech.edu (Chris L Peterson)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 06:03:17 -0600
 by: Chris L Peterson - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 12:03 UTC

On Mon, 19 Sep 2022 20:14:37 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
<jsavard@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

>On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 7:11:15 PM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:
>
>> Averting this would require a concerted effort by the largest
>> countries in the world, along with an investment of trillions of
>> dollars, in probably little more than one more decade. I'm doubtful
>> this will happen.
>
>It's true there seems to be no sign of real action.
>
>As I've noted, action is possible without major sacrifices in the standard of
>living. Switch to nuclear power from fossil fuels for electricity. Switch to
>trolley buses for as much travel as possible; use methyl alcohol for carbon-neutral
>fuel that doesn't compete with food production for everything else.
>
>Then, unless greenhouse gases from meat production are _still_ enough to cause
>disaster, the problem is solved with almost no sacrifices.
>
>John Savard

Nuclear isn't going to happen. Way, way too expensive and way too
difficult to implement in the little time we have left. Solar is the
answer, but we have to move now. It is easily within our means, both
technologically and economically. But I doubt it will happen fast
enough.

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<tgckno$1hknc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8910&group=sci.astro.amateur#8910

From: wayn...@no_verizon.net (wAYNE)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 11:03:20 -0400
 by: wAYNE - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 15:03 UTC

On 9/19/22 11:11 PM, Quadibloc wrote:
> On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 4:57:22 PM UTC-6, wAYNE wrote:
>
>> Oh, never mind. I see you meant my last sentence.
>
> It is true that history shows civilizations have collapsed many times
> from resource overuse.

True.

> However, no civilization until ours has reached our level of technological
> competence. We can see the consequences of our mistakes. We had one
> bit of bad luck - Russia getting hold of nukes after the end of World War
> II - which is preventing effective international cooperation.

Exactly why this time, we'll truly learn from our mistakes and not
repeat history unlike all previous times. Our technology and population
division (whether it be race, religion, politics... you name it) are
what's helping to fuel the eventual state of humanity's final population.

> John Savard

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<tgd1lg$t0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8911&group=sci.astro.amateur#8911

From: burynulP...@ppllaanneett.nnll (fred k. engels®)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 11:43:59 -0700
 by: fred k. engels® - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 18:43 UTC

Prime Minister Justin Blackface Trudeau tweeted KidOrion is a goddamn
fucking prick cocksucker shithead® who jerks off uncontrollably over pretty
picture astro photography
horseshit® imaging from his observatory!!!!!!

Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel

<tgf0a1$odo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8914&group=sci.astro.amateur#8914

From: burynulP...@ppllaanneett.nnll (fred k. engels®)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 05:33:03 -0700
 by: fred k. engels® - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:33 UTC

Starlink ludicrous "controversy" among the fucking prick cocksucker
shithead® pretty picture astro photography horseshit®, "astronomers"

Despite the promise of pretty picture astro photography horseshit®, SpaceX
has taken "criticism" within the fucking prick cocksucker shithead®
astronomical "community" for its Starlink satellites, due to their vast
brightness and ridiculous potential to disrupt them jerking off
uncontrollably over pretty picture horseshit® "observations" of the night
sky.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: At some point, Starlink satellites could prevent ANY space travel